+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rift and defiance

Ok, so I got a new laptop and started playing rift. For those who haven't played it, defiance is pathetic compared to rift. The player progression is huge! The loot is awesome! Hell the public events are freaking awesome! Enemies are hard no matter what but definatetly not impossible. I m shocked that trion made both defiance and rift. Rift is most certainly my new favorite. It's sad defiance isn't more like this. Also I saw hellbugs in rift and was like omfg this is so much better than defiance !
    Cut ties with trion 100% and now surfing forums for people looking for their out off the wagon of trions aftermath. Pm me for details

Contacted Microsoft
    Informed of unplayablity with content and game.
    Refunded for season pass
    Sold defiance to GameStop for $7.00 and put it towards gta 5
    Contacted better business to inform of trions shady dealings.

Rift? No thanks. I'll sooner stick with playing DCUO on the PS3. Defiance is my DCUO "down-time" game of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Youkai Risu View Post
    ...defiance is pathetic compared to rift.
    Except that Defiance's shooter gameplay ****s all over that boring tab-to-target hotbar faceroll-fest.

And LOL at RIFT's "progression." You mean a completely arbitrary gear grind perpetuated by skinner box content lifted directly from WoW?

Yeah, pass.

Quote Originally Posted by N3gativeCr33p View Post
    Rift? No thanks. I'll sooner stick with playing DCUO on the PS3. Defiance is my DCUO "down-time" game of choice.
    Have you tried rift yet? Not sure which game your referring to, I haven't looked at ps3 games in years.
    Cut ties with trion 100% and now surfing forums for people looking for their out off the wagon of trions aftermath. Pm me for details

Contacted Microsoft
    Refunded for season pass

Quote Originally Posted by Cavadus View Post
    Except that Defiance's shooter gameplay ****s all over that boring tab-to-target hotbar faceroll-fest.

And LOL at RIFT's "progression." You mean a completely arbitrary gear grind perpetuated by skinner box content lifted directly from WoW?

Yeah, pass.
    Yes most of it is similar to wow, but free. Free gets my vote

Contacted Microsoft
    Refunded for season pass

Have you tried rift yet? Not sure which game your referring to, I haven't looked at ps3 games in years.
    Nope, never played Rift. And given what I have experienced from Trion thus far, I'm not ready to make that leap so fast. I'll just stick with DCUO being my main MMO of choice, thankyaverymuch.

You are comparing "warm" to "soft." This is a completely different things.
    Don’t hold me up now,
    I can stand my own ground,
    I don’t need your help now,
    You will let me down, down, down!

Rise Against - Prayer of the Refugee

Quote Originally Posted by N3gativeCr33p View Post
    Nope, never played Rift. And given what I have experienced from Trion thus far, I'm not ready to make that leap so fast. I'll just stick with DCUO being my main MMO of choice, thankyaverymuch.
    I gave it a chance to see what my laptop could push as the first game, expected to delete it after a hour.... Well after 7 hours staying up till 4am it's exciting to see they were on their game for rift.

Contacted Microsoft
    Refunded for season pass

Ok, so I got a new laptop and started playing rift. For those who haven't played it, defiance is pathetic compared to rift. The player progression is huge! The loot is awesome! Hell the public events are freaking awesome! Enemies are hard no matter what but definatetly not impossible. I m shocked that trion made both defiance and rift. Rift is most certainly my new favorite. It's sad defiance isn't more like this. Also I saw hellbugs in rift and was like omfg this is so much better than defiance !
    Rift is an MMORPG playable on the PC pnly, Defiance is a shooter designed for consoles and ported to the PC. I'm suprised that you are suprised that they are quite different.
    Mac - VBI Operative Proud Member of the Friends of Trick Dempsey Association

The few, the proud, the DEFIANT!

I tried Rift when it came out, used the trial of course. Played maybe an hour or so to test the waters. At the time it felt kinda like WoW (which I played a lot then), but washed out and boring as **** lore-wise.

After it became free recently I tried it again, and couldn't get myself to get out of the starting area... It's painful to do the whole tab or click-targeting and hotkey dance... I don't even play WoW for that reason anymore.

I'd rather play GW2 instead, even though it suffers from the same boring lore and world, it makes at least some effort to make combat more interesting. Hell, I'd play Terra sooner, grindfest and all, if I cared about asian-made mmo's at all.

I've played Defiance to 5k completion (only the last time-based PvP pursuit and the one to buy items with pvp rep. remain).

Here's a tip for the future: opinions are like rectal sphincters, everybody has one, and many are filled with the usual matter that accumulates there; don't assume that everyone has the same opinions about a game you consider superior.