+ Reply to Thread

Please stop nerfing guns in to the ground

Here's a Crazy Idea instead for nerfing good guns in to the ground why don't you bring the other guns up to the good guns level.

Here's a even better idea stop nerfing period and fix the large number of ever increasing bugs.

Yet again Trion nerfs a good gun in to the ground in the name of balancing.
    This is ridiculous the Saw is not OP in any sense of the word.
    The only good quality was the damage of OMG 425 to 450 at a rate of fire of 9.
    The Saw has a ton of recoil, a huge bloom and the slowest reload in the game.
    The only good thing about the gun was the damage.
    And now it will most likely only be good for being used as a paper weight just like all the other guns.

And Then their is the continuing nerf fest of the shot gun. The shot gun was one of the few Good close ranged weapons. It wasn't bad enough that they lowered the fire rate on shot guns like the Vot auto fragger and the Vot auto grinder. Now after this patch now it almost never procs just like ever other gun. Thanks Trion for your continuing efforts to make guns as useless as possible.

sadly saw"s are not realistic as threr is no jamming, no problems with over heating , or cleaning involve using a "fully automatic weapon as far as "reload issues try using a one shot wonder rocket or 2 shot "bigboomer" det...
    "Quando iniustitia fit lex rebellionem fit obligatio"

Ya the rocket launchers and Grande launchers are pretty bad don't feel like explosive guns should at all. But Trion has got it in their head that all guns should suck evenly and fairly and they are on a mission to make it happen. At this rate the explosive will end up being OP soon.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylumne View Post
    sadly saw"s are not realistic as threr is no jamming, no problems with over heating , or cleaning involve using a "fully automatic weapon as far as "reload issues try using a one shot wonder rocket or 2 shot "bigboomer" det...
    And my avatar doesn't need to eat, drink, sleep or otherwise have to deal with regular effluvia as required for biotic maintenance.
    So?
    My 'toon, sadly, is unrealistic.
    Nerf 'toons or the game wont seem real.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

I am no fan of the nerfs that have happened in this game.The shotgun nerf was the worst in my opinion.Some just dont make sense to me at all like the vbi thundershock and vbi firestorm.Why nerf a meh shotgun and a stock vbi ar with fire nano? I d k .
    Having said that The saw does not feel like it has had a 25% nerf to me.I know what the math says but that's not how it feels.It still plays pretty freakin beast in my humble opinion.
    Not the case with the thundershock (not at all beast in any way before the nerf) or the firestorm,a normal vbi ar they nerfed 25.225%.

So at the end of the day in my clouded mind's opinion, only the saw is still a weapon very worth using and they should change the code reward guns to they'r value in salvage because they will get you killed,or sell them to someone who thinks the game is too easy.

This is the oldest method in the book for online games. Instead of bringing other items up to par, you instead nerf items into oblivion. It is far easier to make items useless than it is to fix under performing items.

It's too bad, I was really enjoying my SAW, I just got into a week ago. Oh well, back to my assault rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldsong View Post
    This is the oldest method in the book for online games. Instead of bringing other items up to par, you instead nerf items into oblivion. It is far easier to make items useless than it is to fix under performing items.

It's too bad, I was really enjoying my SAW, I just got into a week ago. Oh well, back to my assault rifles.
    It's also more balanced in the long run - otherwise you end up with power creep, which can really bring a game downhill.

Keep your REAL out of my GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylumne View Post
    ...Are you trying to convince us about how realistic is a weapon, based in your information at 2013, in a science fiction futuristic computer game? with charge blades, aliens and laser weapons?...

I have an idea, de-nerf saw and make it 2 handed (use 2 slots in loadouts)