+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why do i enjoy Defiance?!

Hi guys.
    I want to share with you my opinion about Defiance.

Defiance is a great game but not for everyone,reading the threads on the forum i see that many people expect Defiance to be more like an mmorpg and not what it is.It has rpg elements (perks,progression) and is an mmo but this is not WoW.The game is made more like an offline game with an optional co-op.IMO many players aproach the game with a wrong midset,that's why so many are complaining.There are bugs,glitches,disconnects etc. (so far i have not encountered any in game bug and i was disconnected only once in 150+ hours) but look at Defiance when it was released and look at it now,many things were fixed.In Defiance you get a gun and many things to do,explore,random encounters,arkfalls,co-op missions,arenas,sieges,side missions,rampages,time trials,pvp,shadow wars etc,you decide.With so much content why are you complaining,because after some time gets boring?Belive me,i know what boring means,i have to change a game after playing for few hours because i get bored very fast,but Defiance kept me interested and i am not bored yet.Playing WoW or any other mmorpg you will have to raid dungeons untill you become a zombie just to get the best gear but here,Defiance lets you do what you want and still be good at it with a crappy gun.
    People are complaining about the new DLC,we got a new vehicle,new race,2 new weapon types,arenas etc,what are you expecting,content equal with the content the game already has or 10000 hours worth of content? Is true that you might not like the DLC but that is your own taste and not the games fault,is your preference.
    Ofc Defiance is not all sunshine and puppies,the DLC delays and not receiving items (dlc/standard ed. purchase) are not a good thing for the game image and us , players.
    Defiance is a great game and the only problem imo is how Trion handles it.

(I bought Deluxe edition,season pass,bits and i don't regret it.)

Share your opinion and if i am wrong tell me why?

you sound like everyone else when they first got on the forums. including myself.
    IGN: BillyGuile
    "That is, if the game is actually functioning as it should."
    *Disclaimer*: "game" is a subjective term that does not refer to, or can be attached to any product designated as one designed or influenced by "a company". "functioning" is an abstract term used under the assumption and conclusion of the "reader" and not to be taken and announced as the "writer's" definition. Relation to any event, activity, result, thought process, is entirely coincidental. C. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Guile View Post
    you sound like everyone else when they first got on the forums. including myself.
    Same here lol.

Also, what is this DLC you speak of? Us PS3 NA users have heard rumors of its existence.
    The Phoenix Guard

Looking for: EMC Service Rifle,

List of Great Guides

I have at least one month around and i "stalked" closely the game since it was released.My opinion has not changed since i bought the game,ofc. the game was bad at release that's why i've bough it so late but i think in the current state it does not deserve the hate and all the nonsense on the forum.

EDIT.I know about ps3 and if you read my post you would see that i don't agree with the delays...

I still enjoy the game like how I used to enjoy the game Killing Floor. Pop some heads and do a lil' arkfall and log off. But it was not what I expected when I paid $60. Not a big deal now, the good thing going for the DLC is you don't have to pay for it to enjoy it on PC.

Like Billy said, you sound like us when we started. Just give it some time. You'll join the rest of us at some point. I'm not going to create pointless rage threads but I understand where they are coming from. Might want to lube up and prepare for the inevitable.

[Edit] Ah okay, so you been around. I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nury View Post
    I have at least one month around and i "stalked" closely the game since it was released.My opinion has not changed since i bought the game,ofc. the game was bad at release that's why i've bough it so late but i think in the current state it does not deserve the hate and all the nonsense on the forum.

EDIT.I know about ps3 and if you read my post you would see that i don't agree with the delays...
    Don't get me wrong. I love this game. I keep buying bits and investing in it. I still have a false sense of hope that tomorrow will be a brighter day. Regardless of how I currently feel, I'll still stick with the game at least until my last friend quits playing (and maybe even longer).
    The Phoenix Guard

Looking for: EMC Service Rifle,

List of Great Guides

LoL...no,not 4.99,i bought it at 30% off only, 150+ hours i think would be enough to make me "join the rest of us" but i have not and i will not,and even if i "sound like us when we started" ,i already have 1 month in the game,i played almost every mmorpg and in few days i get bored, if this game was so bad (looking on the forum posts the game seems broken and unplayable) i would probably get bored in hours... but after 1 month i still play it.
    I think most of you expect too much from it.
    EDIT: I think most of the people when they get in the game they expect to start grinding for the gear and looking for healers and dungeons...if i can compare this game with an a mmorpg that would be GW2,more appealing to casual players.

Christ, another mention of WoW. I had to stop there.

Just for the record, not every MMO player looks for the next WoW. As a matter of fact, if you look at the industry and the piles of smoking MMO corpses that have been forced into the F2P model to survive, you'll realize that trying to be another WoW is a good way to lose your investment. It's happened over and over again the past 6 years (the development trend really hit stride about 2 years after WoW's launch).

Even Rift, which tried to market itself on television as: "You're not in Azeroth anymore," and "Bring your friends, form an alliance, and come join our Horde," backfired on them. Before the first three months of launch were over, they were consolidating servers, and the game was $9.99 at retailers (and even included the first $14.99/mo of subscription time). Oh, they held on, but only 27 months later, they had to make the game F2P (and keep in mind, I was a Rift player for those 27 months, too).

Defiance has not been mangled across the internet because it isn't like WoW, or doesn't have vertical progression. It's gotten mangled, and justly so, because it is a seriously flawed game that's suffered, even to today, under a seemingly incompetent Dev or Management team.

"Just for the record, not every MMO player looks for the next WoW."
    True,but most come with the wrong mindset.
    The same happened with GW2.
    Btw,WoW was just an exemple,what i was saying was just that players are coming with that midset "get a healer and a team and lets do dungeons",lets be "hardcore players".
    Defiance is targeting the casual player.

Ah the honeymoon.... then you learn they snore, dont pick up after themselves and never clear the shower drain of hair.