+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How does mouselook feel?

Some games when released aren't optimized and the mouse can feel very "delayed" when moving. I haven't tried Defiance yet so I was curious to hear if the mouse movement is fluent.

I saw in a video that there wasn't any raw input, which is why I asked this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Raserei View Post
    Some games when released aren't optimized and the mouse can feel very "delayed" when moving. I haven't tried Defiance yet so I was curious to hear if the mouse movement is fluent.

I saw in a video that there wasn't any raw input, which is why I asked this question.
    Mouselook is fine and smooth, depending on your settings. The only place it feels clunky at all is when scoped in.

The mouselook feels great to me. I haven't played a shooter on PC since Unreal and this has excellent control compared to the console CoDs I've been on in the past years.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtheoneandonly View Post
    Mouselook is fine and smooth, depending on your settings. The only place it feels clunky at all is when scoped in.
    Sadly this is the case. Was hoping adjusting Mouse sensitivity would change that but apparently not. Hope they bring in a separate option to adjust it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raserei View Post

Feels fine here also. Using Logitech G700. But again. G700S<--extra S. Is coming out next week Monday. 8200dpi instead of 5700dpi.

I don't usually change mouse sensitivity settings on shooters, so this can probably give you a good benchmark

Only recent shooter I played recently with a similar control method is Mass Effect series and Saint's row the third. I noticed very little difference in Defiance, I may needed only a fraction more "travel" to make the same adjustment to aiming a head-shot, not noticable enough to be overly significant or requiring a lot of time to adjust to.
    "There's a single letter difference between winner and whiner, which are you?"

"Experience is another word for that time I stuck an Apple Pie in the microwave for 2 minute and then took a bite out of it! Experience teaches me NOT to DO THAT again"

Senior Member Prophet of Entropy's Avatar
    i didnt have a problem with how my mouse felt, scoped in or not. but i do agree it would be nice if there was 2 mouse sensitivity settings.

The wasn't any delay or drag to the mouse and everything felt very smooth while playing.
    Don't be insulted because i don't wanna explain myself, i was probably joking anyway.

Hopefully you can remove/change the hardware acceleration/smoothing for mouse either in-game or using .ini settings later on

Regards, Smauzt

Quote Originally Posted by Xtheoneandonly View Post
    And when in a vehicle. It's got some derpy 'snap lock' mechanic that always wants to force the view to the front, even when you're not moving. If you try to pan around the vehicle, it keeps trying to revert back to the forward view.