+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WalMart pre-order

Okay, I canceled my pre-order with GameStop because they won't be having midnight release here and switched to WalMart. Can someone explain how this pre-order card works? I see the Defiance bonus code on the back, what does that include? I also have a scratch off code on the back of the actual reservation card as well, do I scratch that off and what is it?

Also, WalMart IS open at midnight, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Okay, I canceled my pre-order with GameStop because they won't be having midnight release here and switched to WalMart. Can someone explain how this pre-order card works? I see the Defiance bonus code on the back, what does that include? I also have a scratch off code on the back of the actual reservation card as well, do I scratch that off and what is it?

Also, WalMart IS open at midnight, correct?
    I pre-ordered through GameStop for the EU, and I'm also buying a standard at 12 from Walmart until GameStop opens with my EU, and it's been my knowledge that all walmarts are 24hrs and not that strict on selling games early, they got tv's and other shtako to sell..

UE*
    web | www.johnnyinks.com
    psn | johnnyinksdotcom | adult gamers only
    twit | johnnyink
    stop your belly aching

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyInk View Post
    I pre-ordered through GameStop for the EU, and I'm also buying a standard at 12 from Walmart until GameStop opens with my EU, and it's been my knowledge that all walmarts are 24hrs and not that strict on selling games early, they got tv's and other shtako to sell..
    Okay good, was a little worried they might not be open, I don't really do WalMart. Thanks.

Anyone else on the other questions?

Bump...

Far as I know that code is our goodies and wally never closes
    The first step to freedom is an act of Defiance

Okay thanks.

Do I need to go ahead and scratch off the code on the actual card I present to get the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Okay thanks.

Do I need to go ahead and scratch off the code on the actual card I present to get the game?
    I think that's for online store stuff
    The first step to freedom is an act of Defiance

I definitely know that not all Walmarts are open 24 hrs. Make sure you call your local store for their hours.
    "It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down"

Double check your store hours, the closing time can be different for each store. One the back of my Walmart card there are two codes to scratch off, one for 'VUDU' which is Walmart's digital video service I think, and one "Defiance Bonus Code" which is for the pre-order bonus content, along with instructions on how to redeem the codes right above each. You use the small card to pick up your pre-order, make sure you redeem or write down your codes from the big card in case they want to try to take that one back for some reason. I had to visit 2 Walmarts to get my pre-order, the first one (more convenient to get to) they were just on Walmart's website trying to pre-order me a PS3 system, when I specifically asked for the game, the second one they just had the pre-order cards sitting out among the games on the racks.

Side note: If the cards are left out unprotected, what's to stop someone from scratching the codes in the store and redeeming them?

Standing outside your window waiting for you to go to sleep
    I would think they are codes that do not work until purchased much like prepaid cards for music and systems take the psn card I believe it is only valid after it is activated. Thus can only be activated by purchase. I could be wrong though and anyone can go grab a code for the pre order without preordering then. . .