+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Store Prices - What happened?

880 for a outfit. 440 for a helmet. Almost 20 dollars to obtain a full outfit, really? Lockboxes were also taken up to 400 bits a box. I thought the prices were pretty fair when it came down to it, why should outfits cost so much to begin with? It was still 5-10 dollars per outfit, was that not enough money? Is the store not finished yet because of the early release? I really hope what I'm looking at isn't final. I was going to throw down over 100 dollars on bits today but if the prices are staying like that I won't be doing that for sure. Especially when most of the ones I was going to buy were just recolored version of one another but I liked the look.

it was obv prices were going to be changed, most likely upwards.

Was it obvious? How was 5 dollars not fair? Especially when they had like 30 different outfits on the market, most of which, once again, were just recolored versions of one another. 880 for one outfit that offers nothing but looks is just price gouging. I'm sure people will pay it, but they lost my 100 dollars today. Had I known prices were going to jump up that high I might have thought twice before buying in after playing through two of the beta weekends.

It seems to me that they jacked the prices so high because they DON'T WANT people spending bits right now. The game isn't live until midnight, and they're probably just going to wipe characters right before then. So they don't want people wasting their bits and then clamoring for refunds.

I would be okay with that, but are we even sure there's going to be a wipe? I was under the impression that the servers were live right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridrith View Post
    I would be okay with that, but are we even sure there's going to be a wipe? I was under the impression that the servers were live right now.
    If the "Official Release" is set for Midnight EST and it is not yet that time, then clearly they're not live. This is currently like a final check/test for tonight. Assume everything will be wiped.

IKR prices too damned expensive now. I refuse to buy them if they will keep that price. I do hope you are right Oneandonly.

-Nova ; Last Resort Member

Join us at lastresortclan.com

Defiance specs:

Ego rating: 1337
    Scrip: 4 mil
    Server: EU
    Clan: Last Resort ; TOP pvpers in EU

Quote Originally Posted by N0va View Post
    Oneandonly.
    It's Xtheoneandonly....as in X, The One and Only

Never really intended to spend any bits, but these bit prices don't make any sense to me.. I can't belive trion would be stupid enough to over price virtual items by this much? All it does is create a hostile reaction toward trion, and less overall sales.

Its virtual items.. you make more or equal selling much rather then little at insane prices.. Im by no means a expert at economics, but this is pretty basic stuff..

And I don't belive trion would set prices high to discourage people from buying early, this kind of reaction is exactly why they would want to avoid doing such a foolish thing.

Boxes at 400, honestly, I can deal with that. Mostly because I can get those in game fairly easily if I just wanted to grind Arkfalls and other events. Some of those outfits though, I wanted a ton of them. I know they were just recolored versions but I didn't care. I thought stuff looked cool and I was planning on buying multiple outfits today. At least 5-10 outfits. That would still net them 3000+ worth of bits money. I just truly hope that this isn't live. I'd be very sad, especially since I thought the shop was a pretty good indication as to what we'd be looking at in terms of bit pricing. Since it didn't really change during the beta at all. (At least not the two events I was a part of.)