+ Reply to Thread

Dark Matter question

I've been playing the game for some time now most of the missions I like to do involve Dark Matter so my question is, is Dark Matter only made of Castithans or is it made up of other Votans as well we know Nim Shondu was Castithan but the deferent units in Dark Matter have big height defenses at first I thought it was just the armor they where wearing but they still IMO have really big height defenses to all be Castithans so just seeing if anyone else had other opinions
    In game name - Athalwolf Reigel - GT L Rittmeister L XBOX 360 na

I think Sensoth are among the Dark Matter too.
    Don’t hold me up now,
    I can stand my own ground,
    I don’t need your help now,
    You will let me down, down, down!

Rise Against - Prayer of the Refugee

We only know that Castithans are part of Dark Matter. Based on the heights I doubt that any Liberata or Sensoth are part of them, but maybe some Irathient and Indogene are.

From what I recall them saying in the storyline was that Dark Matter was a Casti group from the war. They sure have a lot of mechs too apparently.

Wasn't Torc a member in the pale wars?

Quote Originally Posted by kendillin View Post
    Wasn't Torc a member in the pale wars?
    No, he was a member of the Ekaru Kome, the frontier guard of the Votanis Collective.

Dark Matter was a commando unit of the Ekaru Kome, but maybe based on the name (Shkathe'Nado, which is Castithan) and the fact that the Dark Matter armor is aesthetically similar to the telo, we can somewhat assume that they were a Castithan-only group)

Cant find a better pic, but you can see better in game. The Dark Matter Elite Enforcer (on left) has tan/dark skin you can see around the neck area and arms. I always took them as either Sensoth's or Iraths.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    Cant find a better pic, but you can see better in game. The Dark Matter Elite Enforcer (on left) has tan/dark skin you can see around the neck area and arms. I always took them as either Sensoth's or Iraths.

Well a Sensoth would definitely be hairier, so I'm sure its an Irath.

Another pic here: http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/ima...4/Enforcer.png

Perhaps we could ask PlasticGoBaby if they are all Casti or not.

Dark Matter's armor and appearance

Far as I can tell, their armor appearance is measured by their military rank. Recruits most likely wear lighter armor and have less combat experience whereas veteran Dark Matter infantry, (probably ranked sergeant or higher) have armor that is more advanced and protects them against damage better.