+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Name loss because of unannounced launch

Anybody else a teeny bit upset they lost their names because of the unannounced early launch? (Including those who just found out right now you've most likely lost your name by reading this topic). I've been following the game's launch window since it was first announced as the original 8AM schedule up to sledge's 12Am schedule. I was wondering if anyone else was a bit upset by this. Maybe we should also put up a system where we list our names so if anyone has a name someone else wanted, they could consider a trade or donation or something.

Note: Anyone who wants to contribute by saying it's just a name, please do, but if you do give your opinion as to why.

Luckily there is no "first to reach this level" achievement, then I would be pissed off.

I feel you man, this is the second MMO launch they've done this

Regards, Smauzt

I am a little upset by it, but I plan for this with any MMO launch with multiple names. If all of them are taken then I'll be sad. I wonder if we'll see any xx_Sephiroth_xx's lol.

Plus there is a small change, those on-line to test the servers BEFORE the launch will get reset and therefore you have a change still to get your name at the REAL launch time

I was about to head off to bed to get some sleep pre-launch, looked at the forums and saw some guy was playing on the US servers so I figured I'd stick about, was there just as they came up but if I hadn't been on the Forums I wouldn't have known. Does suck for those who were not around to take advantage of the early start.

Quote Originally Posted by Natjur View Post
    Plus there is a small change, those on-line to test the servers BEFORE the launch will get reset and therefore you have a change still to get your name at the REAL launch time
    Did they officially say they were wiping pre-launch? From what I've seen they were not going to wipe.

As I said, I welcome any "suck it up" comments. I just felt like the unannounced launch made a lot of people upset (though some happy as well).

Nah, I'm a unique snowflake nobody can impersonate me.

So who will be the most upset.
    (1) Those who connect at the correct launch time (5 hrs from now) and there name is already gone by someone who was allowed to connect early to load test the servers.

(2) Those who load tested the server and thought their name was safe only to find they get reset in 5 hrs time and have to remake their toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zioralsa View Post
    Did they officially say they were wiping pre-launch? From what I've seen they were not going to wipe.
    There was a post from a Skype Convo before the EU servers were up and they said they'd be bringing the EU servers up before 12:01am EST - to me that would sound like it was an early launch.