+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PC Download Size

Hello, I was just wondering what the download size is for Defiance.

I am contemplating to get a digital version (as much as I hate going digital) since the retailers here in the Philippines don't have the game yet, let alone they don't know when they will be selling / having the game.

And based on my bandwidth (which is capped because of the poor internet here), I can try to download it but it will take around 1-3 days (since the servers are inconsistent).

Please reply and help a fellow ark hunter out

Steam says over 15GB. Which is around most MMO game's size.

Quote Originally Posted by Zioralsa View Post
    Steam says over 15GB. Which is around most MMO game's size.
    Yeap, thanks for the approx. Heck if I managed to download DCUO's tumultuous 17gb size, my internets can probably handle, the only thing left is the inconsistency of the servers

file size 10.4GB
    steam is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by FizzyMyNizzy View Post
    file size 10.4GB
    steam is wrong
    Thanks as well. The smaller the better.

Quote Originally Posted by FizzyMyNizzy View Post
    file size 10.4GB
    steam is wrong
    My Defiance folder size is currently sitting at 10.7GB with 8 hours of downloading still to go. So I'd say "Steam is right."

I got the physical disc of the game and it's still telling me I have 7hours to go on the update 0.O did the disk even do anything or am I just downloading the whole game?

Quote Originally Posted by Garus View Post
    I got the physical disc of the game and it's still telling me I have 7hours to go on the update 0.O did the disk even do anything or am I just downloading the whole game?
    I bought the DDE off steam but of course steam only install's the launcher for the game. I had to use the launcher to download/update the game. But it only took little over 1 hour of waiting and I was playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Garus View Post
    Installing with the disk does reduce the download time, but the download also checks to make sure that all the files are proper and havent been tampered with. The estimated time dealy isnt very accurate I've found.
    http://forums.defiance.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=101211&dateline=13485  40064
    If it bleeds, we've killed it

Filesize is around 10,4 GB.

But you have to download everything in one go. Otherwise it start downloading everything.

Sadly, the patcher does not accept pause/resume even though it claim's it.