+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

September going to kill Defiance

not played defiance for 5 days now, I have been enjoying Diablo 3 which is relatively glitch free (apart from BL2 style duping) this is the longest i,ve gone without playing since its release then theres GTA 5, which means RIP Defiance. The EU Servers have been dead for weeks now' only seeing the same players over and over again, I have started a NA character and if i go back defiance I would rather play on the NA server
    Xbox GT: JD TheNutz
    EU Servers: KT Starbuck
    NA Servers: Torog

Quote Originally Posted by JD nutz View Post
    not played defiance for 5 days now, I have been enjoying Diablo 3 which is relatively glitch free (apart from BL2 style duping) this is the longest i,ve gone without playing since its release then theres GTA 5, which means RIP Defiance. The EU Servers have been dead for weeks now' only seeing the same players over and over again, I have started a NA character and if i go back defiance I would rather play on the NA server
    It will be the beginning of the end. Even more so is October 1st when Online comes out.
    Lets see
    Defiance: Open world with some content updates
    GTA V Online: Open world with some content updates
    Defiance: Multiple but very similar activities you can do around the world
    GTA V Online: Multiple Different activities you can do around the world
    Defiance: Forced Single player instances when in a group
    GTA V Online: Online MULTIPLAYER all the time
    Defiance: Plans on expansion but really only add data recorder hunts
    GTA V Online: Plans on real expansion from a company that delivers on promises.

Then Next Gen Comes out. More AAA developers are looking into this MMO open world shooter type concept and at early glances are already executing better.

R.I.P Defiance.

Yep... no biased opinions here bein' tossed around like fact... >.>

lulz.

You cannot kill that which has no life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    Yep... no biased opinions here bein' tossed around like fact... >.>

lulz.
    Go back in my history, I used to defend this game until they brow beat me over the head with a poor quality product.
    If it was good I'd still be praising it but I am not a blind fanboi.

From looking at the forums I can tell you this is what its been like:
    April: XX new game will kill Defiance
    May: XX new game will kill Defiance
    June: XX new game will kill Defiance
    July: XX new game will kill Defiance
    August: XX new game will kill Defiance
    September: XX new game will kill Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by Thurak View Post
    From looking at the forums I can tell you this is what its been like:
    April: XX new game will kill Defiance
    May: XX new game will kill Defiance
    June: XX new game will kill Defiance
    July: XX new game will kill Defiance
    August: XX new game will kill Defiance
    September: XX new game will kill Defiance
    This.

i still see a ton of people in the world on xbox. Easily 100 at sieges and major arkfalls.

Anyways, a game about stealing cars and running from cops isn't everyone's bag.

GTA 5 online has a lot of content. And with that is going to come a lot of grief. Rockstar should of just stayed with its Epic Story mode and online game modes. And stayed out of the open world.

Take for instance the experience players have now with Defiance and the things they complain about on how elements in the game work. They cry about everything on how Defiance is to hard, or how they lost their gun because they salvaged it on accident, or how they got duped in a bad trade and got ripped off....I myself got pissed when I bought a tier box with bits. But that's all confined to maintaining items in Defiance. What else? What guns should be Nerfed? There are a few more but not many. Now, for such few things in Defiance there sure are a lot of posts nit picking at them.

Now think of all drowning aspects GTA 5 online is going to have and the potential problems with each of them.

You think such whining is bad on Defiance?? Watch how ppl get pissed in GTA 5 because their car got stolen and they didn't opt to buy in-game car insurance and now its gone...forever. You think its just going to be "Oh well" for players? Hell no! Fire and fury is going to rain from the skies! All these real life things about GTA 5 online which make it cool are going to change and most likely be dumbed down because no one is going to want anything to be hard.

And you know how ppl cry about those blatant cheaters that can't be stopped that show up on top of leader boards in every online game ever? Watch the same thing happen with the GTA 5 online stock market. Which is really going to get ppl pissed because that's going to matter in the game.

And you are going to see posts all over GTA 5's forum relating to so many things on how "Rockstar put a incomplete product on shelves!" "They bit off more then they could chew!" "Rockstar doesn't care about the player base! Only the lining of their pockets" "waaaahh waaaah waaaaah"

Watch...its going to happen. Unfortunately.

Not to mention as if everything is going to be hunky dory with GTA 5 online DL content. Its going to be the biggest cash sink your ever going to see. No doubt there is going to be DL content to by new clothes, gun packs, cars, boats, planes and everything else. More or less a lot of these things could/might be unlocked in game I hope, exempting unique things. But there are going to be "head start/short cut packs" for the things already in game. And of course no one is going to want to be out done, and everyone is going to want a head start/short cut at a chance to be better then everyone else. So of course players are going to buy it...And players are going to feel like their characters are high rollers with all this paid DL content they got, thats until...the next DL content comes out which just ups the ante for everyone because...idk..its going to be an armored Humvee which will be a must have for bank heist missions or god knows what else.

So Im calling it now. Buy GTA 5 for the main story. But don't get all hyped up for its open world online play. Because its going to be a hack/glitch/cheese fest. I guarantee it. Why? Because GTA is a popular name that draws attention to itself because its "Cool". Case in point, look at COD servers getting hacked to all hell. GTA is going to be no exception and its going to be target #1

Defiance will simply DISCONNECT itself out of existance.

The title says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    GTA 5 online has a lot of content. And with that is going to come a lot of grief. Rockstar should of just stayed with its Epic Story mode and online game modes. And stayed out of the open world.

Take for instance the experience players have now with Defiance and the things they complain about on how elements in the game work. They cry about everything on how the Defiance is to hard, or how they lost their gun because they salvaged it on accident, or how they got duped in a bad trade and got ripped off....I myself got pissed I bought a tier box with bits. But that's all confined to maintaining items in Defiance. What else? What guns should be Nerfed? There are a few more but not many. Now, for such few things in Defiance there sure are a lot of posts nit picking at them.

Now think of all drowning aspects GTA 5 online is going to have and the potential problems with each of them.

You think such whining is bad on Defiance?? Watch how ppl get pissed in GTA 5 because their car got stolen and they didn't opt to buy in-game car insurance and now its gone...forever. You think its just going to be "Oh well" for players? Hell no! Fire and fury is going to rain from the skies! All these real life things about GTA 5 online which make it cool are going to change and most likely be dumbed down because no one is going to want anything to be hard.

And you know how ppl cry about those blatant cheaters that can't be stopped that show up on top of leader boards in every online game ever? Watch the same thing happen with the GTA 5 online stock market. Which is really going to get ppl pissed because that's going to matter in the game.

And you are going to see posts all over GTA 5's forum relating to so many things on how "Rockstar put a incomplete product on shelves!" "They bit off more then they could chew!" "Rockstar doesn't care about the player base! Only the lining of their pockets" "waaaahh waaaah waaaaah"

Watch...its going to happen. Unfortunately.

Not to mention as if everything is going to be hunky dory with GTA 5 online DL content. Its going to be the biggest cash sink your ever going to see. No doubt there is going to be DL content to by new clothes, gun packs, cars, boats, planes and everything else. More or less a lot of these things could/might be unlocked in game I hope, exempting unique things. But there are going to be "head start/short cut packs" for the things already in game. And of course no one is going to want to be out done, and everyone is going to want a head start/short cut at a chance to be better then everyone else. So of course players are going to buy it...And players are going to feel like their characters are high rollers with all this paid DL content they got, thats until...the next DL content comes out which just ups the ante for everyone because...idk..its going to be an armored Humvee which will be a must have for bank heist missions or god knows what else.

So Im calling it now. Buy GTA 5 for the main story. But don't get all hyped up for its open world online play. Because its going to be a hack/glitch/cheese fest. I guarantee it. Why? Because GTA is a popular name that draws attention to itself because its "Cool". Case in point, look at COD servers getting hacked to all hell. GTA is going to be no exception and its going to be target #1
    I share a bit more optimism than that but I hear you and understand what you're saying. To Date no MMO or open world has launched smoothly. However the point I was trying to make was only that it's a company with better developers and proven methods and processes. They'll handle what happens much better.

What they have on their list for launch is already above this game 6 months in.
    Yeah you're going to get whiners EVERYWHERE but at least GTA is being upfront. You're going to get your wallet and car stolen. It's called Grand Theft Auto. The format is Gangs. Those future complainers really have it coming to them if they expect rainbows and ponies from the series.

Just sayin