+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Trion Inc, and what this means to you.

Firstly, I want to make it abundantly clear that I do not in any way work for Trion Worlds, Inc. I am a customer of theirs, and that's as far as the relationship goes.

I am writing this for the benefit of all the people complaining, demanding things, and slandering this company and its employees for what they are doing or not doing. As far as I can see, too many of the people here obviously do not understand what a corporation is and what it does.

The following are some observations of mine, but I need to lead it off with a simple statement. A company is in business to do one thing, and one thing alone. Turn a profit.

That being said, on with the show.

* "Trion doesn't care about it's customers." - This makes me laugh every time I see it. They want this game to be successful, more than any of us could ever dream of. Without it, they lose money. They have staff, time and monetary investments, physical locations that use electricity and generate other bills, as well as the ongoing support of every one of their titles. Without people buying and playing their games, Defiance included, they can't hope to continue. They care about their customers as a whole, not necessarily the whining and fit-pitching of a select few.

* "OMG! They broke/changed/nerfed/otherwise altered something I loved! WTF!" - I'm not having an opinion on this, just copying word for word what it says on the back of the box: "Trion does not ensure continuous or error-free access or availability of any in-game content, feature, or server and may change, modify, disable, suspend, or remove any such content, feature, or server at its sole discretion." The fact of the matter is that this is a constant in many other places than just games. Either accept this or find another hobby.

* "They lied! - This one gets me as well. See the entry above for the answer to most of the things they've said and not delivered upon. We have no contract with them to produce specific things and therefore have no right to demand something mentioned in a video or blog. Mistakes can be made by anyone. Unless they said specifically something would be done in order to sell a product and we, the customer, paid for it with that understanding and turns out to be false, they have no legal responsibility to deliver. (Example: No where did they say "buy the DLC and you'll get a car with a gun on it.) If you have issue with this, again, read the section above this one.

* "Trion doesn't listen to us." - I'm not going to site all of the places that disproves this notion (Dev Tracker), I'm only going to refer back the the first section about Trion not caring about their customers. They do indeed listen to us! However, from what I've seen here since February, they pay much more attention to criticism and complaints that are well thought out and bereft of "hate speech". You can be angry! Several things I've run into in the game tick me off outright. The difference is that I bring my thoughts to their table with a modicum of respect and humility, without the use of nasty language. I've done the same with their Live support and in every case came out happy with the results. I treat the agent with respect and come armed with a bucket of patience, keeping calm and giving them the information they need to assist me. Try this sometime, even out in the real world, and you will find the results to be astounding.

* Opinions vs. Facts - Everyone has opinions. Not many have facts. I've seen several people write about how the game has only gotten worse since release. I also read a bit about how the still unfinished DLC2 is ruining grenades. These would be opinions. The facts are that many things that were going on with the game at release are not an issue anymore or have been greatly reduced. Trion has added more problems to the game with some patches that repaired other issues. They are still working on fixing it. They're still building the second DLC, so everything you've heard about it so far could totally change. We have no first hand knowledge of how it will actually work in the game. Forming an opinion with a lack of hard facts is something to be avoided in life. Leaving your opinions at the door and feeding them nothing but facts will make the work significantly easier. Both sides win in this scenario.

If you want the game to improve, the above should be taken into consideration with everything you add to
    conversations here. If you are simply venting frustration and anger over this game, it's my opinion you need to get out more.

Yes, the problems exist and they have outright admitted on several occasions that it's not going as well as they would like to see. (again, see the first point) The amount of contact we are getting from them has increased exponentially in the past few months, regardless of typical corporate shake-ups in the form of office closures and lost manpower. I'm not saying we should turn a blind eye to the mistakes that have been made, but I am saying that we should give them adequate time to turn things around and not behave like a mob of angry, entitled children.

I know I am going to get a ton of backlash for posting this and it will likely end up getting so rude, insulting and out of reality that it will probably be lost... but I had to anyway. For my own peace of mind. If you have something to say about this, keep it civil. Those who agree with the above, I salute you. Those who disagree..... well.... give it a shot. I'm a big boy, I can handle it.

that is all.
    PC NA characters: Market & Yanna Walkingbear
    XBox NA character retired.

PTS Reviews on Defiance Data!

"You must understand, young Hobbit, it takes a long time to say anything in Old Entish. And we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say."

Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar
    Hey guys -

I reopened this thread and I'm going to explain why. First off: this isn't a thread for talk of moderation (only I'm allowed to do that here!)

As I said before, we're working on making the moderation rules lenient. This is a process for my team as well as for you. In this case, I am in favor of the OP sentiment and the conversation (both positive and negative) it can bring. We need to hear this stuff and you guys need to say it.

The only way this thread will be closed is if you start attacking the devs, Trion, or each other. And yes: covert and overt ways of doing this will get you infracted. We've all be on the internet a long time. I know how to skirt forum rules as well as you do. Let's not play that game - please don't be an albatross.
    elizabeth "dahanese" tobey
    director of global communications
    Twitter: @dahanese | @TrionWorlds | @RIFTgame | @TroveGame | @DefianceGame | @ArcheAgeGame | @EndofNations
    Facebook: RIFT | Trove | Defiance | ArcheAge | End of Nations |Trion Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Hey guys -

I reopened this thread and I'm going to explain why. First off: this isn't a thread for talk of moderation (only I'm allowed to do that here!)

As I said before, we're working on making the moderation rules lenient. This is a process for my team as well as for you. In this case, I am in favor of the OP sentiment and the conversation (both positive and negative) it can bring. We need to hear this stuff and you guys need to say it.

The only way this thread will be closed is if you start attacking the devs, Trion, or each other. And yes: covert and overt ways of doing this will get you infracted. We've all be on the internet a long time. I know how to skirt forum rules as well as you do. Let's not play that game - please don't be an albatross.
    Much respect, Dahanese! Totally made my day!
    PC NA characters: Market & Yanna Walkingbear
    XBox NA character retired.

PTS Reviews on Defiance Data!

"You must understand, young Hobbit, it takes a long time to say anything in Old Entish. And we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say."

Just one word: Opportunism.

I'm not saying we should turn a blind eye to the mistakes that have been made, but I am saying that we should give them adequate time to turn things around and not behave like a mob of angry, entitled children.
    It's been five months. People are leaving everyday. How long do you suggest is "adequate time"; and how many people do you think will still be playing then?

none probably.....since none play now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Market View Post
    * "Trion doesn't care about it's customers." - This makes me laugh every time I see it. They want this game to be successful, more than any of us could ever dream of. Without it, they lose money. They have staff, time and monetary investments, physical locations that use electricity and generate other bills, as well as the ongoing support of every one of their titles. Without people buying and playing their games, Defiance included, they can't hope to continue. They care about their customers as a whole, not necessarily the whining and fit-pitching of a select few.
    Have you read the 450k scrip thread?

* "OMG! They broke/changed/nerfed/otherwise altered something I loved! WTF!" - I'm not having an opinion on this, just copying word for word what it says on the back of the box: "Trion does not ensure continuous or error-free access or availability of any in-game content, feature, or server and may change, modify, disable, suspend, or remove any such content, feature, or server at its sole discretion." The fact of the matter is that this is a constant in many other places than just games. Either accept this or find another hobby.
    Luckily I am new and have yet to experience this one... but I am sure it is coming.

* "They lied! - This one gets me as well. See the entry above for the answer to most of the things they've said and not delivered upon. We have no contract with them to produce specific things and therefore have no right to demand something mentioned in a video or blog. Mistakes can be made by anyone. Unless they said specifically something would be done in order to sell a product and we, the customer, paid for it with that understanding and turns out to be false, they have no legal responsibility to deliver. (Example: No where did they say "buy the DLC and you'll get a car with a gun on it.) If you have issue with this, again, read the section above this one.
    I did not purchase the DLC, a company has to earn my money once I spend the initial cost.

* "Trion doesn't listen to us." - I'm not going to site all of the places that disproves this notion (Dev Tracker), I'm only going to refer back the the first section about Trion not caring about their customers. They do indeed listen to us! However, from what I've seen here since February, they pay much more attention to criticism and complaints that are well thought out and bereft of "hate speech". You can be angry! Several things I've run into in the game tick me off outright. The difference is that I bring my thoughts to their table with a modicum of respect and humility, without the use of nasty language. I've done the same with their Live support and in every case came out happy with the results. I treat the agent with respect and come armed with a bucket of patience, keeping calm and giving them the information they need to assist me. Try this sometime, even out in the real world, and you will find the results to be astounding.
    Have you read the 450k scrip thread?

* Opinions vs. Facts - Everyone has opinions. Not many have facts. I've seen several people write about how the game has only gotten worse since release. I also read a bit about how the still unfinished DLC2 is ruining grenades. These would be opinions. The facts are that many things that were going on with the game at release are not an issue anymore or have been greatly reduced. Trion has added more problems to the game with some patches that repaired other issues. They are still working on fixing it. They're still building the second DLC, so everything you've heard about it so far could totally change. We have no first hand knowledge of how it will actually work in the game. Forming an opinion with a lack of hard facts is something to be avoided in life. Leaving your opinions at the door and feeding them nothing but facts will make the work significantly easier. Both sides win in this scenario.
    So you want us to have facts... and where are these facts supposed to come from? You must be talking about the facts regarding the upcoming grenade changes, right? I will speak for myself here, throwing grenades takes practice and timing, I am getting better each day, yet I have someone telling me I miss all the time... shrug.

Market,

You created a very nice thread, I was appalled when it was immediately closed. Dahanese was correct in re-opening it. I love to be optimistic, I strive for it each day. You need to create another thread with suggestions TO TRION on how to keep optimism in their customers because they are failing and failing badly.

Trion = liars (episode content, turret, multi arenas etc....), unfair (450k scrip for FREE, but only for some people) and horrible people (closing this thread?? realllllly?? lol, pathetic)

That's 3 things I DO NOT WANT IN ANY COMPANY

Quote Originally Posted by PointyShrew View Post
    Trion = liars (episode content, turret, multi arenas etc....), unfair (450k scrip for FREE, but only for some people) and horrible people (closing this thread?? realllllly?? lol, pathetic)

That's 3 things I DO NOT WANT IN ANY COMPANY
    I just want to point out on the episode content ... there have been but there are no episodes atm so there is no episode content in game atm

3 data recorders does not equal episode content!!

don't be fooled!!!!!!