+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Add a FPS point of view.

i wold really love to have a fps point of view (First person shooter)!
    i am a big fan of FPS games (specially old ones like : Unreal tournament )
    wen i was little i played a game called "Battlezone 2" it had the option to change the point of view ingame, kinda like the one used in the NFS games .

i wold like to have something like that.
    this wold be the perfect game ever for me,and not just me .
    i missed the first mission on the beta but i hope to test out the next one.

i have high hopes for this game!
    cant wait to test out the next mission.

im editing this post after i got a lot of opinions early on :

im not demanding- "Make the game a fps!"
    i think a small option in the games interface lets say with a the press of a key you can shift the camera point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRsq-InjNJ0 - see how he changes the point of view at 0:43

a small option like that wold be nice to have . ( i made this reply later on to clear a bit things up )

i wold suggest since the game is in beta ... why not have this option for testing ?

then this game won't be the perfect game for you sorry =( unless you play 24/7 aiming down sight of a scope you won't have fps views

Quote Originally Posted by lPATT View Post
    then this game won't be the perfect game for you sorry =( unless you play 24/7 aiming down sight of a scope you won't have fps views
    I think the more tempered response is that there MIGHT be a FPS mode option down the line. However keep in mind that even in pve, but especially pvp, you wouldn't have the same situational awareness you would have over people playing in the TPS mode. Just like the difference between zoom level in a traditional rpgmmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadhly View Post
    i wold really love to have a fps point of view (First person shooter)!
    i am a big fps games (specially old ones like : Unreal tournament )
    wen i was little i played a game called "Battlezone 2" it had the option to change the point of view ingame, kinda like the one used in the NFS games .

i wold like to have something like that.
    this wold be the perfect game ever for me,and not just me .
    i missed the first mission on the beta but i hope to test out the next one.

i have high hopes for this game!
    cant wait to test out the next mission.

For that you can play borderlands 2

I think people need to come in Defiance understanding this is a Third Person Shooter MMO. It's just how the game is.. it isn't your typical shooter game. If you want a FPS game you need to play an FPS game.

Does Gears of War need to be FPS? Does Army of Two? Dead Space? Nope, and neither does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughter View Post
    I think people need to come in Defiance understanding this is a Third Person Shooter MMO. It's just how the game is.. it isn't your typical shooter game. If you want a FPS game you need to play an FPS game.
    I agree, i don't know what's so hard about coming to terms with what the game is. You don't simply include a on-going TPS mode on CoD or Battlefield.
    I used to be an eager Ark Hunter like you, then i took a "soon" to the ear.

i think a small option in the games interface lets say with a the press of a key you can shift the camera point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRsq-InjNJ0 - see how he changes the point of view at 0:43

a small option like that wold be nice to have .

Um i dont see that being a bad request i mean the game is practically in its on genre MMOFPSRPG...... not many of those but i think if you could alternate between first and third person view would be great.

they have done it in a game called Fallen Earth the fighting aspect is first person and the RP aspects like gathering are third.

so i dont see it being too farfetched

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadhly View Post

a small option like that wold be nice to have .
    Simple mechanic with a simple solution, sounds good to me.

I don't know why some people (lPatt) get their panties in a bunch about adding a first person point of view, it's not like it takes away from the game or story.

Yes, a first person option would be a great idea, and pretty standard to MMOs, whether they are used or not.