+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I feel disconnected with the in-game community.

I feel that for the PC version the chat should be entirely redone. I feel like there is no interaction whatsoever, and if someone does say something you miss it because the chat minimizes. Just the regular old mmo chat screen would be incredible in this game. It would definitely improve game play and interactions between each other. Right now I just feel like I'm playing a single-player game with some co-op every now and then. I would like to be able to announce things, or talk to everyone in a area. I don't know, it's just my opinion.

I agree, the chat seems absolutely horrific, it pretty much has no redeeming features to it.
    It's almost as if the games singleplayer with a bunch of NPC's

No. You got two options. be shooty or be choppy. No need for be talky.

chat window is rubbish I agree.

Well, I agree the current chat system sux but... Defiance isn't a traditional MMO (where chatting was very important). It's a run & gun shooter with minimalist MMO overlaid. for example, there IS a chat system and it CAN be used. In Alpha we all knew each other so we did chat. In Beta it was pretty much strangers so we rarely chatted.
    Mac - VBI Operative Proud Member of the Friends of Trick Dempsey Association

The few, the proud, the DEFIANT!

Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    Well, I agree the current chat system sux but... Defiance isn't a traditional MMO (where chatting was very important). It's a run & gun shooter with minimalist MMO overlaid. for example, there IS a chat system and it CAN be used. In Alpha we all knew each other so we did chat. In Beta is was pretty much strangers so we rarely chatted.

I agree, but just because it tries to be different doesn't mean it has to cut all communication. All there really needs to be is a consistent screen where people can chat. If it bothers people that much there is always an option to disable it. I really feel that it would help the game out a lot.

That chat screen as I recalled in Beta was very small. it the chat screen re sizable?

Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf3169 View Post
    That chat screen as I recalled in Beta was very small. it the chat screen re sizable?
    You can make it HUGE. I don't think you can force it to stay open though. CTL Z I think.
    Mac - VBI Operative Proud Member of the Friends of Trick Dempsey Association

The few, the proud, the DEFIANT!

Quote Originally Posted by WARBOSS View Post
    No. You got two options. be shooty or be choppy. No need for be talky.
    If we wanted to be non-social we would play a single player game. :P

The whole point of a MMO is to play with lots of other people. Communication is a key component on any online game, but it's even more important for a MMO.

There's no excuse for the chat system we've got right now. It's completely inadequate. Obviously it's design is inspired by the consoles. I mean how many console players even bother with a keyboard? Still, it should have been done properly, especially if you're going to sell it in the PC market.