+ Reply to Thread

DMG from above - How does it work?

Now, this sounds like a stupid question until you start considering other factors.

1: Just how much above the enemy do you have to be for it to count as 'above'?

2: For cluster like weapons (Rebound cannon, Ground Pounder, etc) do you need to be above the enemy during the detonation or just before the cluster hits the ground?

3: Does jumping count and if so, what's the timing on it?

Couldn't find any indepth looks at this skill and as I've just pulled it on a ground pounder, would really like to know if anyone has tested this 'bonus' extensively.

I believe that you have to be at least 2m above the enemy for the bonus to apply, so that automatically puts jumping out of the question since you would have to jump higher than your characters height to achieve that.

I have a VOT Fragger with 9% damage from above and it kicks in when I jump and shoot a target. Same goes for an FRC Telespanner that I have with the same bonus. It's different from the Height Advantage perk. I have no idea about the grenade-shooting weapons though.

Whelmed in the Batcave analyzing Murdertown, USA
    Unfortunately jumping does count. Because you know, the devs predicted PvP to be a bunny hopping spectacle so they made a bonus and perk for it...

And I'm pretty sure you can jump higher than your char's height...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Dempsey View Post
    So! It passed the Top Hat to all the encounters in the world and asked “Is this your hat?” and eventually one of them said: “Sure is!” Then it all went to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye68 View Post
    Right now the only form of communication we have are last minute, non explicit announcements from one side, shock, anger and disappointment from the other.This is neither communication nor healthy. Interact with your playerbase, feedback isn't enough anymore.

Jumping does count but you have to time it right.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall