+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Television Series Tie in Content

Anyone know of any plans to re-activate the television series tie in content? Just started Defiance (although I purchased it at launch) and plan to watch all of season 1 while playing the game. Unfortunately it seems that the content that ties into the TV series has been disabled =(

Why would they do that? Anyways regardless, I also heard that they will occasionally reactivate the content for people who were not present during original series run. Anyway to get details when this might occur next?

They've said they do have a date in mind, but they haven't told us the specifics yet. My bet is either new years or the weak before season 2 of the series debuts. They've also said season 2 tie in content will be more like regular side quests, being up all the time rather than require dev activation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiselius View Post
    They've said they do have a date in mind, but they haven't told us the specifics yet. My bet is either new years or the weak before season 2 of the series debuts. They've also said season 2 tie in content will be more like regular side quests, being up all the time rather than require dev activation.
    they are considering bringing back season one tie-ins permanently as well.
    Support me in Extralife

Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

(Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

Quote Originally Posted by Skoda Zek View Post
    Anyone know of any plans to re-activate the television series tie in content? Just started Defiance (although I purchased it at launch) and plan to watch all of season 1 while playing the game. Unfortunately it seems that the content that ties into the TV series has been disabled =(

Why would they do that? Anyways regardless, I also heard that they will occasionally reactivate the content for people who were not present during original series run. Anyway to get details when this might occur next?
    They do that, because most MMO's have special limited time events and Defiance was following suit. I am fine with that, but they shouldn't do it with the actual episode tie-ins. The should make specific special event missions. They could be about certain game characters or they could be holiday events, it doesn't matter. It would give us actual special events to look forward to seeing on occasion though. It would also make the episode tie-ins permanent so those new to the game/show can do them when they feel ready to.
    Support me in Extralife

Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

The episode quests being one time probably sounded good on paper, but didn't work out that well given how many people play games.

I'm okay with one time events. Like the vigil for the fallen people during the war, or whatever holidays exist in the Defiance world.

Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skoda Zek View Post

We don't have a date yet for when they are coming back but you'll be able to play them again!
    elizabeth "dahanese" tobey
    director of global communications
    Twitter: @dahanese | @TrionWorlds | @RIFTgame | @TroveGame | @DefianceGame | @ArcheAgeGame | @EndofNations
    Facebook: RIFT | Trove | Defiance | ArcheAge | End of Nations |Trion Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    The episode quests being one time probably sounded good on paper, but didn't work out that well given how many people play games.

I'm okay with one time events. Like the vigil for the fallen people during the war, or whatever holidays exist in the Defiance world.
    "Armistice day" yeah like that.
    I saw something about Halloween plans but who knows?
    ...Gimme a bullet to bite on...
    ...Something to chew...

They need to do what Star Trek online does... and have Re-Run weeks. There content is called Weekly series, where they do a Trek episode once a week for awhile... now and then they will rerun a series over a weekend/week.

Quote Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
    They need to do what Star Trek online does... and have Re-Run weeks. There content is called Weekly series, where they do a Trek episode once a week for awhile... now and then they will rerun a series over a weekend/week.
    they have. You missed it by a couple weeks. It was around the begining of August.
    Support me in Extralife

Nice good to know. I'm sure they will scatter them around here and there again.