+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

The official Extra Life Team Trion Worlds thread!

Hey guys -

I wanted to start up an official thread about Extra Life. We posted the full details of our plans today (shared below) and I wanted to get everyone excited about what's happening.

In short, we're livestreaming at www.twitch.tv/trionworlds from 9 AM November 2nd till 9 AM November 3rd. You can also find us at www.twitch.tv/dahanese, www.twitch.tv/overloadut, and www.twitch.tv/trion_morgana.

We have a ton of loot that we're giving away for all sorts of participation: donate, fundraise, watch the stream, play our games - all of it gets you awesome stuff and helps us raise money for a great cause.

Without further ado, here's the blog post quoted. This is also a direct link to the original: http://community.defiance.com/en/201...a-great-cause/

Extra Life, a charity gaming marathon that raises money for children’s hospitals, kicks off Saturday, November 2, and Team Trion Worlds will be there with bells on!

Our team is now over 240 members strong and packed with fans and developers of RIFT and Defiance. Together, we’re trying to raise over $50,000 for Team Trion Worlds by gaming for 25 hours straight.

We’ve partnered with the awesome folks at Extra Life to make this event bigger and better than ever. Read on for an overview of everything that’s going on!

Game with the Trion Worlds Community Team

Elizabeth “dahanese” Tobey, Greg “OverloadUT” Laabs, and Deb “Morgana” Davis will be streaming RIFT and Defiance throughout the marathon on the official Trion Worlds Twitch channel. The broadcast begins at 9 AM PDT on Saturday, November 2 and runs until 9 AM PST on Sunday, November 3. We’ll also be giving out awesome loot throughout the show.

Special Events in RIFT and Defiance

Corgi Rifts will be popping up all over Telara throughout Extra Life weekend, and ark hunters will be able to track down a unique Extra Life vendor with awesome loot. In addition, we’ll have ramping experience and planar currency boosts all day (and night!) to help all our marathon gamers get through those last few bleary-eyed hours.

Fundraise for Team Trion Worlds, Get Sweet Loot

We’re working with Extra Life to reward Trion Worlds team members who reach the following fundraising milestones:

$25 milestone: Dwarven Smithy Hat in RIFT and Extra Life Lockbox in Defiance
    $75 milestone: Toxic Hellbug Mount in RIFT
    $150 milestone: Exclusive Extra Life Night Owl pet in RIFT and Exclusive Extra Life Scalpel Blade in Defiance
    $500 milestone: 1 Year Patron Pass in RIFT for the first 10 team members and the prefix title “Kindhearted” for all who hit this goal!

Extra Loot for Extra Life Donors

It’s donors like YOU who have made all the above perks, goodies, and boosts possible. Team Trion Worlds has already raised 22% of our goal – and we fully intend to keep fundraising right up to the end of Extra Life!

We’ll be awarding prizes hourly to the top donors to Trion World team members.
    We’ll be giving out multi-use codes on our live stream as we hit key goals (think $50,000, $75,000 – the sky’s the limit!).
    Rewards include community favorites like the Helm of the Demon Lord and Tier 4 Defiance lockboxes. We also have two exclusive, made-JUST-for-Extra-Life-donor items: the Night Owl (RIFT) and Pink Scalpel (Defiance).

Unique Titles

Everyone who participates will receive the title “The Charitable”, and players who clock 25 hours of game time in Defiance and/or RIFT over the weekend will receive an additional unique in-game title.

First time at Extra Life? You’ll become “The Insomniac”
    Joining us for a second time? You can rock the “Sleepless” prefix.
    This your third year gaming with Trion? “The Committed” is our new suffix title for 2013.

Join the RIFT Extra Life Guild …

Look for TW_dahanese, TW_OverloadUT, and TW_Morgana on the Greybriar shard. We’ll be part of the Extra Life guild. All are invited to join this guild and play the night away with us.

… or Just Join Extra Life!

I’m sure by now you can tell we’re all about Team Trion Worlds (we weren’t kidding when we said we were going to make this the biggest Extra Life in our company’s history), but the most important thing for us this weekend is that we raise money and help sick kids everywhere.

That’s why we partnered with Extra Life this year to send out RIFT and Defiance starter packs to everyone who signs up to participate in the event. That’s right: Everyone who signs up for this year’s Extra Life will get a free copy of Defiance on PC and a RIFT Starter Pack that includes a 40% XP Potion, Chocolate Horse Mount, and a Screechling Pet to keep you company throughout your gaming marathon.

And there’s still time to enroll. Register with the Trion Worlds team or as an individual participant (but really – we’d love to have you!) and prepare to game, hang out, have a ton of fun, and raise money for a great cause. We’ll see you bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 9 AM PDT, November 2!
    elizabeth "dahanese" tobey
    director of global communications
    Twitter: @dahanese | @TrionWorlds | @RIFTgame | @TroveGame | @DefianceGame | @ArcheAgeGame | @EndofNations
    Facebook: RIFT | Trove | Defiance | ArcheAge | End of Nations |Trion Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    Without further ado, here's the blog post quoted. This is also a direct link to the original: http://community.defiance.com/en/201...a-great-cause/
    Do you happen to know when the Defiance "Extra Life lockbox" codes will be sent out to those that have met the $25 donation milestone? I just received an email (from support@cmnhospitals.org) that only had the code for the Rift "Dwarven Smithy Hat" inside of it.

Can't wait to get my code for that Defiance scalpel blade...

1st i want to thank you for the awards, maybe ill donate $25 for that third millstone...

But i was also woundering the same thing about the lockbox
    Live life to the max! Cuz there will be a day when you wish to start all over again

So what exactly is the scalpel blade in defiance?

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,000 - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO

Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N3gativeCr33p View Post
    Do you happen to know when the Defiance "Extra Life lockbox" codes will be sent out to those that have met the $25 donation milestone? I just received an email (from support@cmnhospitals.org) that only had the code for the Rift "Dwarven Smithy Hat" inside of it.
    We're in touch with Extra Life and they told me they are fixing that - not sure the ETA but I am guessing not long!
    elizabeth "dahanese" tobey
    director of global communications
    Twitter: @dahanese | @TrionWorlds | @RIFTgame | @TroveGame | @DefianceGame | @ArcheAgeGame | @EndofNations
    Facebook: RIFT | Trove | Defiance | ArcheAge | End of Nations |Trion Worlds

We're in touch with Extra Life and they told me they are fixing that - not sure the ETA but I am guessing not long!
    Thanks for the reply... I will keep this thread updated if/when I receive the updated code.

Thanks for the info dahanese!

I was looking for the times so I can correspond my livestream along with the Trion event (I'll be watching your stream as I livestream my gameplay).

Those are some sweet rewards! I'm only $15 away from the unique pet and scalpel - anyone want to help out, it would be greatly appreciated!! I have a link to my fundraising page at the bottom of my signature.

If anyone is interested in tuning in to my livestream as well as Trion's, here is my Twitch Channel:
    http://www.twitch.tv/realmillenniumgroup

Really ... what's the point anymore? "Minority" player after 7/9/2014
    Unite and join the fight. Become one of the Legion. United Legions.
    I will not rest, I will keep dreaming until Trion makes it so - Dodge SRT Viper
    Delve deeper into the lore of Defiance with the fan fic Exchange of Debts

Yeah, I received an apology email from Extra Life, and had new codes in my mailbox maybe one hour after my first post. According to the redemption section, the scalpel blade is a legendary blade w/ pink mod. Haven't physically checked the Extra Life lockbox yet... think I'll just update my findings in the morning while I have my first coffee at work in the morning. LOL

For the pink scaple do u need $125 or $150 because in the email the milestone for the 3 reward tier is $150 but everywhere else it says the tier 3 pack is $125? I just want to confirm how much you need to donate for the 3rd reward pack.
    Live life to the max! Cuz there will be a day when you wish to start all over again

According to my email, it's $150. You get codes for the EL scalpel blade and the EL Night Owl pet (for Rift) at that amount.