+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TRION - The Real Reason PVP is DEAD

I have a friend who has just joined defiance hes only at level 625 and already he has quit the pvp games because in his words 'What Hope Do new players have against OP Surge Bolters when you cant move 10 feet without being one hit killed from a player miles away in such small maps' - sad to say i recommend the game to him as 'fun'

i wonder how many other new players to defiance have gave up having fun in pvp because of over powered weapons / vs new players -

This has been happing since day 1. Once everything came down to cloak, infector, and detonators. The surge bolter is the final piece to make up the four horsemen that would kill PvP.

once upon a time Shadow Wars were full and queuing up for a death matches took under 20 seconds. But now since there are 4 over powered things that take all thinking and strategy out of the game its no wonder why ppl got fed up with PvP.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

You think one piece of anectdotal evidence suddenly gives you magical insight into the "Real" reason PvP is dead?

Cos every other reason we've already spoken about in the PvP forum were all false...

Sorry... but hardly think this is the "Real" reason.
    More likely your "friend" needs to just harden up a bit.

Are Surge Bolters a menace in Shadow Wars? YES!
    Is it the real reason PvP is dead? Unconvinced based on your post.
    h31n2 @ PC NA & EU
    CORE | _TeamRamrod_

I've played Defiance since Day 1 and never touched a pvp match or Shadow Wars - (small aside: aren't they both Pvp? - some thread made it seem not the case).

I think players like me may have something to do with it...
    LF: Respark Energizer ARK, 7th Legion Gashima Unity Synergy, Double DMG & EGO on Reload

The Halo Bunny hoppers are what keep me out of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinzlee View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahaha

You think one piece of anectdotal evidence suddenly gives you magical insight into the "Real" reason PvP is dead?

Cos every other reason we've already spoken about in the PvP forum were all false...

Sorry... but hardly think this is the "Real" reason.
    More likely your "friend" needs to just harden up a bit.

Are Surge Bolters a menace in Shadow Wars? YES!
    Is it the real reason PvP is dead? Unconvinced based on your post.

he quit because of Overpowered weapons not cheating or poor map design, so i would agree op weapons are the reason pvp is dead when it comes to new defiance players, Also please advice him on how to ''harden up'' with your magical insight !

I could have been like your friend. I am a PvE player by 30+ years of trade, but have enjoyed PvP since I have delved into the realm of MMOs. I started Qing for the PvP arenas right around the same EGO that your friend was (before they lowered the requirements for unlocking Perks). Needless to say, I didn't last long in the first two matches I played.

What did I do? I continued playing PvE until I got better at the game (and finished the main storyline), and then I made the determination to start Playing more PvP so I could learn the maps and improve my skills. I can now say that I thoroughly enjoy all the PvP options in the game (even with the bunny hopping infectors and exploits). Sure it is still frustrating at times, but it is also fun as hell, and can't wait until improvements come that make it a bit more balanced.

Pvp is dead because it never should have been added in the first place. Obviously the developers don't know how to handle it, they should have spent all the time, resources, and energy wasted on the broken and dying Pvp improving the co-op and single player aspects.
    Platform: Xbox 360
    Gt: Demosnemo
    Clan: Browncoats

Quote Originally Posted by Arcisen View Post
    i wonder how many other new players to defiance have gave up having fun in pvp because of over powered weapons / vs new players -
    I've lost all credibility in the area of game suggestion among my peers due to this game.

Pvp should be taken out of this game.
    In Game - Sp1d3r-81
    PC-EU D2050
    Clan - Z Nation
    http://www.youtube.com/user/elastikspastik