+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Extra Life Event, Little Love for Defiance

Yeah I was there from the start and sat thru the minor snafu's. Such as them blowing a fuse which surprised me since the one that setup all the equipment actually knew what a volt/ohm meter was, but didn't have the foresight to realize that much equipment could and would blow a fuse.

Anyways when they did get going they all played the heck out of rift, which is understandable since rift had boosts and buffs running for the event and none of them were lvl 60. So yeah I probelly would have done the same thing to get all I could while the getting was good.

What was bad thou was after some of us complained about them not playing Defiance they finally had one player go and play Defiance while the other 3 played rift and that's how it went thru out the event. Now you would think to be fair to Defiance and rift that they would have had two players per game playing at all times and switched the back and forth between Defiance and rift just so they could all get the benefit of the boosts and buffs.

I even told them that if they all played Defiance I would donate more money even thou I have already reached my goal of $150.00 but not even that would sway them from rift.

I really don't care about it all Because it was a charity event and what was important was that the kids got the money. I am just concerned that Defiance got slighted that way.

Yeah, I heard about this... can't really say that I'm overly surprised, though. Makes me wish that one of us could've live streamed the Dawn Patrol death march, it was 15:15:15's worth of hilarity.

They did livestream the deathmarch. And, at least for awhile Trick was playing Defiance with them. But yea, wish they had shown more of it. Especially since most of the stuff they showed on rift was just a static camera angle with a ton of people jumping/dancing in a single spot rather than actually doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiselius View Post
    They did livestream the deathmarch. And, at least for awhile Trick was playing Defiance with them. But yea, wish they had shown more of it.
    Oh, then I was there for some of that. Sexy time!

What I really meant was for one of us in the Dawn Patrol clan to have been live streaming all 15 hours of our march across Paradise. (I got lazy and never got around to setting up a stream.)

Um, they streamed 'a' Deathmarch, on PC. They were going to join Dawn Patrol, but finally realized that you guys were on XBOX 360 and not PC. So Dahanese started her own. We only did a small loop. (Props for going over 15 hours of a Deathmarch!)

They did have someone playing Defiance at one time, but nothing organized. You did see Dahanese try to fight Blackleg Joe right? Right??? hahahahaha.

(Streaming on console requires a PVR connected somehow to a PC or a webcam pointed at the TV, been meaning to buy a PVR...but they aren't cheap.)

I had a good time, even if in Rift I couldn't join in pretty much anything they were doing.

EDIT: Oh and I think Trick was only playing on XBOX 360 not on PC....I think...

PS3: CECH-2101A | PC: Bahamut2 | Screenshots | YouTube | Extra Life

Quote Originally Posted by Sliverbaer View Post
    They did have someone playing Defiance at one time, but nothing organized. You did see Dahanese try to fight Blackleg Joe right? Right??? hahahahaha.
    Yeah, that was the one part of their webcast that I was able to see over the course of the marathon... it kept me laughing just long enough to help keep me awake for a few more hours. It was cute watching dahanese fight him.

(Streaming on console requires a PVR connected somehow to a PC or a webcam pointed at the TV, been meaning to buy a PVR...but they aren't cheap.)
    Good to know... I already own a PVR, just didn't have it all set up before the weekend.

Um, they streamed 'a' Deathmarch, on PC. They were going to join Dawn Patrol, but finally realized that you guys were on XBOX 360 and not PC. So Dahanese started her own. We only did a small loop. (Props for going over 15 hours of a Deathmarch!)

I had a good time, even if in Rift I couldn't join in pretty much anything they were doing.

EDIT: Oh and I think Trick was only playing on XBOX 360 not on PC....I think...
    Yeah and it was painfully obvious t was her first time ever in that fight. Did not know one thing about how to approach the fight at all. At another time during her brief foray into defiance, she needed to be told that the way to get rid of Poop shoes was to roll.

Rift is their baby, their first child who's an absolute angel. Defiance is the red headed step son who does nothing but cause them trouble.

I think its more of the fact they can do things on Rift Pc they just cant do on Defiance Consoles... Like PvP, and play, and Co-op, and Play, and get Loot, and play, and join groups, and play.... See what im getting at?
    (360/NA) GT: Chevota 85

Quote Originally Posted by SlicTrix View Post
    Yeah I was there from the start and sat thru the minor snafu's. Such as them blowing a fuse which surprised me since the one that setup all the equipment actually knew what a volt/ohm meter was, but didn't have the foresight to realize that much equipment could and would blow a fuse.

Anyways when they did get going they all played the heck out of rift, which is understandable since rift had boosts and buffs running for the event and none of them were lvl 60. So yeah I probelly would have done the same thing to get all I could while the getting was good.

What was bad thou was after some of us complained about them not playing Defiance they finally had one player go and play Defiance while the other 3 played rift and that's how it went thru out the event. Now you would think to be fair to Defiance and rift that they would have had two players per game playing at all times and switched the back and forth between Defiance and rift just so they could all get the benefit of the boosts and buffs.

I even told them that if they all played Defiance I would donate more money even thou I have already reached my goal of $150.00 but not even that would sway them from rift.

I really don't care about it all Because it was a charity event and what was important was that the kids got the money. I am just concerned that Defiance got slighted that way.
    I echo all of this sentiment.
    Plenty of defiance players were rolling out at 9am, they didn't even seem to be quite awake by then. They weren't really set up.

There was not much emphasis put on defiance, we didn't even get a hint the event was going on for us until 3PM (when we got our first vendor roll out). I think we got our first code around 8pm. I felt the defiance community was vastly overlooked.

That speaks volumes to me about where there priorities are.