+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chat system?

Chat system?

Is there a trick to getting it to work?

I know u can pull up the chat thing, and see it all....but any way to see msgs when they are typed?

Rift has an awesome chat system right? can we just get a ported chat system from them?

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Mephisto View Post
    Is there a trick to getting it to work?

I know u can pull up the chat thing, and see it all....but any way to see msgs when they are typed?

Rift has an awesome chat system right? can we just get a ported chat system from them?
    Chat window/Options/'Chat fade duration'
    Set that to max.... it 'helps', it aint perfect.

DEFI and RIFT are different games with different engines. DEFI uses HAVOK, and RIFT uses a proprietary engine. Therefore they have different coding.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Is the game engine substantively relevant to the ability to implement a decent chat system? It certainly isn't an impediment to robust chat and social interation through a client viewer as Second Life uses Havok as well. Granted there's a greater focus on using that platform for social interaction rather than conventional gaming, but to me it shows that the engine can't be an excuse for Defiance's dysfunctional chat system.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deunan View Post
    Is the game engine substantively relevant to the ability to implement a decent chat system? It certainly isn't an impediment to robust chat and social interation through a client viewer as Second Life uses Havok as well. Granted there's a greater focus on using that platform for social interaction rather than conventional gaming, but to me it shows that the engine can't be an excuse for Defiance's dysfunctional chat system.
    I was mostly pointing out why they can't just port RIFT's chat into DEFI.

I'm not well acquainted with chat modules in game engines, their availability, and how easy they may be to plug in.

It'd be interesting to me to find that out.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by Deunan View Post
    Still haven't done the Second Life thing, my computer sucks. I used to be in Cybertown back in 2000-2005 or so, though.
    Support me in Extralife

Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

(Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Batman View Post
    Still haven't done the Second Life thing, my computer sucks. I used to be in Cybertown back in 2000-2005 or so, though.
    I thought I knew what lag was from playing MMORPGs like Anarchy Online. Then I got an account on Second Life to hang out with one of the DJ's from Gridstream Productions who freelanced there and found out what true lag was.