+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Perfect game that could get better. With age.

The game is Perfect in my honest opinion. Much like The Secret World.

Nothing else to be said but I do have a question to the developers. Why does gun fire and such except maybe particle beam projectors and missile launchers, sound so lame? I know you might not change it since It's actually quite decent as it is but it does sound abit weird. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Neopunk76 View Post

Nothing else to be said but I do have a question to the developers. Why does gun fire and such except maybe particle beam projectors and missile launchers, sound so lame? I know you might not change it since It's actually quite decent as it is but it does sound abit weird. Why?
    first let me say, welcome to the forums and that Im glad that we have added another player to the shrinking player base.
    I definately agree that some of the weapon sounds are off (especialy with bio nano effect, very anoying), but calling this game perfect is a huge leap lol

"game is perfect, like secret world"

10/10

Might jimmy some rustles.

Now if you're actually serious... I got a bridge to sell you.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

There is no such thing as perfection.
    The game is good, but it can be made better, as all things can.
    As for the sound, well.. Work with what you got, I guess?
    You've got shooting games that record gunfire sounds on ranges.
    And you've got shooting games that get gunfire sounds from other sources.
    The ones from other sources are distorted.
    Any recording software slightly distorts an image or sound.
    When it's recorded again, it distorts it even more.
    I don't think the gunfire sounds came straight from the gun range.
    Though as you said, they're decent so I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexri View Post
    People, as a general rule, are stupid.

@Arsenic_Touch

This holds some truth.

Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and they never get to try again.
    The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but they refuse.
    They cling to the realm, or Gods, or love. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

You best get to sharing whatever drugs you on!

IMO the game is a great concept with a very flawed execution. And while they're fixing some of the flaws, they're also making changes that only a tiny fraction of the player base wants (if even that) like the grenade changes. And they still fail to fix problems like 1.05 mag bonus on guns that don't get a single extra round in the magazine from it, or the chat system, which is an even more glaring flaw than the stupid bonus rolls and weapon synergies.

A mentor of mine gave me a great piece of advice many years ago, he said "Don't start vast projects with half vast ideas". Trion needed to, and still needs to, adhere to that advice. Wasting time with half vast ideas like the grenade changes while the game is still fundamentally flawed is either incompetence, poor management or, most likely IMO, letting the bean counters run the development process. Either way it's making for a very frustrating experience for even the most dedicated players, which I count my self among.

The game is Perfect in my honest opinion.
    Does a perfect game have instanced map areas that are completely broken?

Does a perfect game have a weapon bonus stat system where there are weapon bonus stats that literally give no real bonus at all for an entire class of weapons for which it rolls?

Does a perfect game have major events where the end boss frequently glitches into the sky where it's almost impossible to shoot?

Does a perfect game have a completely dysfunctional chat system which doesn't even work as designed most of the time?

Does a perfect game have stability issues that are so great that it renders gameplay for an entire gaming platform almost unplayable with multiple crashes, freezes and hardlocks per hour?

Do you think that's air your breathing? Hmm.

The game is good and enjoyable but if you think it's perfect then perfection must pervade every single second of every single aspect of your life because you're using a different lexicon than the one that's commonly used by most people.

You're so sexy Deunan if that is you. Watched Appleseed and it's predecessors. So yeah. What game are YOU playing? Stats on weapons? I don't SEE any stats on MY weapons. Bugged bosses flying over your head. I mean WTF?

So when is Appleseed 3014 coming?

No it's not air.

You're so sexy Deunan if that is you. Watched Appleseed and it's predecessors. So yeah. What game are YOU playing? Stats on weapons? I don't SEE any stats on MY weapons. Bugged bosses flying over your head. I mean WTF?

So when is Appleseed 3014 coming?

No it's not air.
    If you don't see any stats on your weapons then you are having a really serious problem and should probably contact customer support. Otherwise, I understand your new to the game so you probably have yet to witness the problems that Deunan mentioned. You will though, I promise.