+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1

    what does the Proxy Memory slider do?

    In the video settings tab, there's a new slider called "Proxy Memory". Does anybody know what this thing does? I was hoping the patch draft notes would give an answer, but unfortunately it doesn't (yet).
    How to tune the "NEW POSTS" search function to search only those sections you're interested in:
    Exclude method: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...l=1#post498585
    Include method: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...l=1#post498705

  2. #2
    Member Etaew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Intel Bunker
    Posts
    2,702
    It allows PC users to use more memory in rendering players, so you will see more full outfits and less generic ones.
    Defiance Data the community resource site, Databases, Tools, Guides and News

  3. #3
    Looking forward to seeing 1.200 go live then. Thanks for the explanation.
    How to tune the "NEW POSTS" search function to search only those sections you're interested in:
    Exclude method: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...l=1#post498585
    Include method: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...l=1#post498705

  4. #4
    Member Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    seattle wa usa
    Posts
    7,131
    I maxed it as soon as I started playing on the test server and I haven't seen general steve once.
    I'ts pretty great.
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I maxed it as soon as I started playing on the test server and I haven't seen general steve once.
    I'ts pretty great.
    360 player here and I am totally jealous. I do still find it hard to believe that the consoles can't handle more than 2 non-generic peeps at a time. I think it is just horribly bad optimization... *le poor*

  6. #6
    Member DanteYoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm58 View Post
    360 player here and I am totally jealous. I do still find it hard to believe that the consoles can't handle more than 2 non-generic peeps at a time. I think it is just horribly bad optimization... *le poor*
    Play on a PC

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by DanteYoda View Post
    Play on a PC
    Don't for a few reasons (probably among the same for a lot):
    1) Girlfriend isn't great with the whole mouse+keyboard thing.
    2) Cheaper to buy a second 360 for her than a second computer.
    3) My friends play via 360, not PC.
    4) Chat sucks on PC so I use Xbox Live chat.
    5) I want to turn on my console and play a game, not wait, do updates, download this, touch that, etc.
    6) Console use, I can easily sit back on my couch and play... or cook food and play from the kitchen...
    7) I use a TV for my monitor, so consoles typically display a little more user-friendly at 6+ feet.
    8) 'Cause I don't wanna and you can't make me! :P

  8. #8
    Has anyone tested this setting using a ... "sub par" system like my own?

    I can deal with everyone being in the same outfit, its better than them not rendering at all. Arriving at a new arkfall I sometimes have to wait for everything to render, crystal, debris, Mobs, Players. Wondering if the Proxy setting will make this worse, guessing I will be living with the generic outfits, which is fine I am there to shoot stuff, dosent matter so much what other shooters are wearing (to me at least)

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm58 View Post
    Don't for a few reasons (probably among the same for a lot):
    1) Girlfriend isn't great with the whole mouse+keyboard thing.
    2) Cheaper to buy a second 360 for her than a second computer.
    3) My friends play via 360, not PC.
    4) Chat sucks on PC so I use Xbox Live chat.
    5) I want to turn on my console and play a game, not wait, do updates, download this, touch that, etc.
    6) Console use, I can easily sit back on my couch and play... or cook food and play from the kitchen...
    7) I use a TV for my monitor, so consoles typically display a little more user-friendly at 6+ feet.
    8) 'Cause I don't wanna and you can't make me! :P
    1) you can play with an xbox controller on PC i do. You dont have to set anything up just plug and play for any croosplatform game.
    2) true
    3) you can own both console and PC
    4) not true actually you have more and better options on PC
    5) I own both PC and 360 and they are the same you have to update both when an update comes out Im not sure what you mean.
    6) you can do the same with the PC all new video card have an HDMI outlet to connect to your TV
    7) You can change the resolution to adjust your distance and actually get higher resolution than 1080 on PC. I have mine at 1600 and the difference in quality is very noticible. Playing on PC then going to the 360 xbox feels like going from the 360 to a nintendo 64 (going form 1600 resolution on Pc to 1080 or 720 on the xbox) Even the new consoles are outdated when compared to PC's
    8) ok

  10. #10
    Member Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    seattle wa usa
    Posts
    7,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm58 View Post
    Don't for a few reasons (probably among the same for a lot):
    1) Girlfriend isn't great with the whole mouse+keyboard thing.
    2) Cheaper to buy a second 360 for her than a second computer.
    3) My friends play via 360, not PC.
    4) Chat sucks on PC so I use Xbox Live chat.
    5) I want to turn on my console and play a game, not wait, do updates, download this, touch that, etc.
    6) Console use, I can easily sit back on my couch and play... or cook food and play from the kitchen...
    7) I use a TV for my monitor, so consoles typically display a little more user-friendly at 6+ feet.
    8) 'Cause I don't wanna and you can't make me! :P
    I play on pc with a 47" lcd hdtv for my monitor.
    1.05 shotgun mag boost? REALLY?
    PC/NA&EU, too many toons to list.
    "If wishes were horses, we'd all be eating steak."- Jayne Cobb.
    "Daredevil"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts