+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post
    Has zero effect on the draw distance.
    Speaking of draw distance, what DOES effect it? How can i get more range from my view range?

It gets a little frustrating when Im sitting on a hilltop trying to snipe a target to have it fade out because it walked a few steps left.

Quote Originally Posted by neko_gunner View Post
    Between these bouts where I'm getting kicked off the server every 30-45 minutes or so. Probably the main servers being overloaded by the player base. :-)
    With numbers shrinking I don't think number of players is the issue. That sounds like a memory leak.
    -- Tess
    Everything's cooler in the 4th dimension.

I have just started exiting the game, then starting up before I do any big events. It's a pain but less frustrating than being kicked during an arkfall.
    -- Tess
    Everything's cooler in the 4th dimension.

@Storm58, Playing on a console is so laggy that you need as much patients as killing yourself by banging your head against a wall. So I switched over to PC immediately after trying 360 and ps3. Also the control is controller not kb/m. I also use TV as monitor in my living room 12 feet away from me. PC does lag but compared to console....
    Not attacking your post... just offering some NFO.

Quote Originally Posted by MurdError23 View Post
    i love that this conversation is happening and no one is stomping off crying. Steam is coming out with it's own little device that can be used to stream games from where ever your pc is in the house to a console-like machine designed to fit in the living room without all the hassle of typing etc. technically it is going to be a pc running a custom linux "steam os" i'm kinda psyched about that. any way, i'm waaaay off topic now, so i'll shhhhh now about that

ACTUAL QUESTION will that proxy slider affect the distance fade at all? i'd like to put my snipers to the test
    You don't need there device to use SteamOS its already available in beta to download. I have it already on my PC. I'm psyched about being able to stream games from my main powerhouse PC to a low end network based computer or device that support SteamOS streaming. Steam is going to create the Netflix of gaming with this. Better get a dual band router and or high speed internet.

Suppose the video you're streaming is one hour long, and the file size for that video is 6 GB. While a broadband connection of up to 10 Mbps lets you easily stream a lot of video content online, you'll want 15 Mbps or more for this six-gigabyte HD video. Here's a quick look at the math:
    • Approximate megabytes: 6 GB = 6,144 MB (1 GB = 1024 MB)
    • Approximate megabits: 6,144 MB = 49,152 Mb (1 byte = 8 bits)
    • Number of seconds per hour calculation: 60 x 60 = 3,600
    • Megabits per hour calculation: 49,152 / 3,600 = 13.65 Mbps
    When you're streaming HD content, also consider whether the connection jumps over a wireless router. If so, note that the connection speed could drop over the connection if the WiFi standard isn't fast enough. You'll want to avoid slower 802.11b connections, and the newest 802.11n is the ideal choice to keep up with faster broadband services.

Dude PC's can use the xbox 360 controller and xbox live chat. so that's 2 of your excuses shot down. as for 6 and 7 use of a wireless xbox controller on PC fixes #6 and I play on a 32 " led tv as a computer monitor and I can see just fine from 20+ feet away

Quote Originally Posted by NirvanaD34th View Post
    Dude PC's can use the xbox 360 controller and xbox live chat. so that's 2 of your excuses shot down. as for 6 and 7 use of a wireless xbox controller on PC fixes #6 and I play on a 32 " led tv as a computer monitor and I can see just fine from 20+ feet away
    2014 called. It wants his thread back.
    It had to be done...
    Spoiler:

Obligatory

They say most of your brain shuts down on the Defiance forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

"If I don't shoot, repair, or screw something in the next few minutes, we're gonna have a problem."

The Four Cats of Defiance The Perfect Crimefighter My Forums Policy Exchange Warriors

PCMR/NA
    IGN: 12Gaige Ego: 6000
    Clan: Tears of Defiance

Quote Originally Posted by twitch reflex View Post
    1) you can play with an xbox controller on PC i do. You dont have to set anything up just plug and play for any croosplatform game.
    2) true
    3) you can own both console and PC
    4) not true actually you have more and better options on PC
    5) I own both PC and 360 and they are the same you have to update both when an update comes out Im not sure what you mean.
    6) you can do the same with the PC all new video card have an HDMI outlet to connect to your TV
    7) You can change the resolution to adjust your distance and actually get higher resolution than 1080 on PC. I have mine at 1600 and the difference in quality is very noticible. Playing on PC then going to the 360 xbox feels like going from the 360 to a nintendo 64 (going form 1600 resolution on Pc to 1080 or 720 on the xbox) Even the new consoles are outdated when compared to PC's
    8) ok
    All very true and I use a VIZIO SmartCast E-Series 70" Class (69.5" Diag.) Ultra HD 2160p 120Hz Full Array LED Smart Home Theater Display w/ Chromecast built-in

Now talk about getting into the game, That monster TV is AWESOME with my PC;

Alienware Area-51
    Intel® Core™ i7-6950 X Series processor
    (10 cores, 25MB Cache, Turbo Boost Max 3.0, Overclocked up to 3.8 GHz) Yep I OC, It runs Stable at 4.2
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    64GB Quad Channel DDR4 at 3200MHz;
    Dual/SLI NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti's with 11GB GDDR5X each
    512GB SATA SSD (Boot) + 4TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

You haven't seen gaming until you have seen my rig in action and as far as Xbox 360, whats that my grandson uses his for a door stop now.