+ Reply to Thread

Sniper weapon in PvP

Hi.
    Simple question for snipers - as I inspected weapons in shadow wars, it looks that Thawandaye Surge Bolter is going to be most popular weapon. I have orange VBI Sniper Rifle, so should I change to Thawandaye Surge Bolter? What are the reason why people are using this sniper rifle?
    Thx.

People are using it because is does incredible body-damage.
    There is no need to aim for the head.
    (And there also is a good chance you accidently hit it...)

In short:
    An extremely high effect/difficulty ratio.
    If normal sniper rifle would be 1.0
    A Surge Bolter would be 1.7
    PC EU
    IGN: Asuka Dex

Warmaster?
    More like "Fresh Meat"!

It’s like shooting a 22 gauge shotgun at an elephant from point blank – It’s nearly impossible to miss.

The Thawandaye is great because it’s almost free and packs a huge punch. You never need to aim with surge bolters since their accuracy is perfect from any range. Point and shoot, and you’ll hit em. I only charge if they’re mid-range enemies cloaking so I can follow their trail.

If you're looking for fun times though, check out using a solid poop shoe AR in PvP. Makes stupid sounds and slows down the bunny hop :-)

Ok, the surge bolter has several benifits. The DPS on the surge bolter is very high if you know what you are doing. It is better to use the gun as a quick firing bolt actiom though, as a body shot will not always take someone down. So, I would reccomend aiming for the head. Also, people love to charge this gun while in cloak...DO NOT DO THIS. It gives away your position. Also charging blooms the shot. So, if you are not dead center on the body or head, your target is likely to survive if your charge your bolter really high. I learned this from experience. Also, it is good for no scoping and quick scoping at close range. Very accurate if you can aim well at close range. Also, a good ability to pick up is TRUE no scoping. Often people will proc the electric nano, and when they do, you either no scope them or most likely die. To practice this duel a friend with an electric weapon and practice once they drop down your HUD. Shot at your opponent, and if you miss you will have to correct your body angle and "walk" your bullets onto your target. This practice will make you better at no scoping and quick scoping targets. Hope this helps.

GT - Darth Revan 76

Quote Originally Posted by Supra Supremum View Post
    Ok, the surge bolter has several benifits. The DPS on the surge bolter is very high if you know what you are doing. It is better to use the gun as a quick firing bolt actiom though, as a body shot will not always take someone down. So, I would reccomend aiming for the head. Also, people love to charge this gun while in cloak...DO NOT DO THIS. It gives away your position. Also charging blooms the shot. So, if you are not dead center on the body or head, your target is likely to survive if your charge your bolter really high. I learned this from experience. Also, it is good for no scoping and quick scoping at close range. Very accurate if you can aim well at close range. Also, a good ability to pick up is TRUE no scoping. Often people will proc the electric nano, and when they do, you either no scope them or most likely die. To practice this duel a friend with an electric weapon and practice once they drop down your HUD. Shot at your opponent, and if you miss you will have to correct your body angle and "walk" your bullets onto your target. This practice will make you better at no scoping and quick scoping targets. Hope this helps.

GT - Darth Revan 76
    Pro Advice Darth! +1

I'm tired of my Liro Bolter. Anyone have an ~1800 ego shock/syphon/fire bolter for cheapo/trade?