+ Reply to Thread

New gameplay settings. (Bug and clarifications)

Show effect activations does not work, so I have no idea what it does. I click On and it goes to off when I leave the menu. FOV shift, no idea what that does didn't notice a difference, same for UI shake. We need some clarification on this.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

Whelmed in the Batcave analyzing Murdertown, USA
    Show Effect Animations I thought was the spikes active animation but it didn't do anything on the PTS. And the other 2 I thought were new PC only options. If I had to guess FOV shift would be the stagger view change? Like getting hit by a DM sniper shot.

But, yeah, idk either...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Dempsey View Post
    So! It passed the Top Hat to all the encounters in the world and asked “Is this your hat?” and eventually one of them said: “Sure is!” Then it all went to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye68 View Post
    Right now the only form of communication we have are last minute, non explicit announcements from one side, shock, anger and disappointment from the other.This is neither communication nor healthy. Interact with your playerbase, feedback isn't enough anymore.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post

Show effect activations does not work, so I have no idea what it does. I click On and it goes to off when I leave the menu. FOV shift, no idea what that does didn't notice a difference, same for UI shake. We need some clarification on this.
    I opt 'on' and exit back to my 'toon. When I open the menu again it's still 'on'.

No idea what it does yet.

I don't see 'Proxy Memory' making a difference, though.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

FOV Shift zooms out on the landscape when you hit the sprint key, when it's off the camera will not zoom when you hit the sprint key. May also do more but that was the most noticeable immediate change.

Show effect activations, I'm pretty sure this shows the nano effect damage numbers(but it seems to be broken you can see the damage tick on the enemy HP bar. But tick damage numbers do not always appear) And also buff notifications.

Proxy Memory, should help with keeping character models/details loaded into memory earlier and allow those characters in the pointsharing vicinity to keep their characters models loaded into memory...less base models on the common/nearby battlefield(That's what I would assume from the name) then again...
    I cannot believe I didn't notice I misspelled Vicious LOL. Looks like it should be pronounced "Ficus Blood" now. Imma tree killa yo!
    PC/NA
    ViciousBlood

Okay the UI shake is for when sprinting. The UI will shift ever so slightly when you dash. Still no idea what the effects setting does.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

Forgot what I was gonna say.
    Aah I remember now, I think until they fix the switch we will never know, hopefully they explain it.
    I cannot believe I didn't notice I misspelled Vicious LOL. Looks like it should be pronounced "Ficus Blood" now. Imma tree killa yo!
    PC/NA
    ViciousBlood