+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Damage formula

Damage formula

For the few theory crafters still around (I'm looking at you, Nilx and mav), here's the formula used to determine the damage of a weapon. It wasn't especially hard to figure out, it just required spending a little time on it.

Damage = round(base damage * rarity bonus * skill bonus * mod bonus * bonus damage)

The only slightly tricky part is the rarity bonus:
    • Green: 1.03
    • Blue: 1.06
    • Purple: 1.10
    • Orange: 1.15

So, for example, for a blue heavy carbine with a damage barrel and a damage bonus roll, at skill level 20:
    Damage = round(440 * 1.06 * 1.05 * 1.07 * 1.05) = 550

I've tested a dozen weapons of various types with different combinations of bonuses and mods, and the formula always gave the right number. Please tell me if you find a contradicting result.
    Guide to Weapon Bonus Rolls (partly outdated) | Guide to Weapon Mods | Guide to Scopes and Sights
    HP and Regeneration rate tests | Weapon range tests

Want to know which guns are the best? Check out my weapon tables! (partly outdated)

Lol, Mav's been on top of the rarity bonus ever since the post-patch weapons were introduced.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...l=1#post918329

Quote Originally Posted by maverick07 View Post

Weapon Damage Related to Rarity

After Patch 1.105, all weapons in the game, new ones and existing, recieve a Damage increase based on their rarity. Higher the rarity, higher the Damage.

Green weapons - 3% Damage increase
    Blue weapons - 6% Damage increase
    Purple weapons - 10% Damage increase
    Orange weapons - 15% Damage increase

* - BMGs do not get a Damage increase with rarity

Great, thanks for this one!

Heh, totally missed that. Let's just say that my post was a reminder then.
    Guide to Weapon Bonus Rolls (partly outdated) | Guide to Weapon Mods | Guide to Scopes and Sights

Want to know which guns are the best? Check out my weapon tables! (partly outdated)

hey is that a casti springer next to your blue heavy?

Always good to see you two on the same page!

Hey, here's something you may know that I haven't tested yet. When the weapon data card rounds crit multiplier, does that apply to the damage done in game? (i.e. You mod a weapon so that it'd calculate to 1.75 crit multiplier and the data card rounds to show 1.8.. do you get the extra 5% damage on crit hits from rounding?)

We finally have it! Kudos to you Tek . I was trying to figure this out again with F8ng last night. I thought that some Detonators didn't receive a 20% DMG increase.

And now I know I was right with that. My OJ Auto and Rebound Lobbers, with a blue DMG Barrel (1.07) and mastery DMG roll (1.05), and level 20 on skills are only getting 1085 DMG. This (800 * 1.15 * 1.05 * 1.07 * 1.05) is how I got the 1085. I believe the Crash Boomer was another one that didn't recieve the DMG buff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by alienstookmybeer View Post
    Always good to see you two on the same page!

Hey, here's something you may know that I haven't tested yet. When the weapon data card rounds crit multiplier, does that apply to the damage done in game? (i.e. You mod a weapon so that it'd calculate to 1.75 crit multiplier and the data card rounds to show 1.8.. do you get the extra 5% damage on crit hits from rounding?)
    I don't think you get the extra from rounding. My Assassin VBI AR with just one 1.25 Crit Roll and Assassin mods wasn't enough to get to 2.1 Crit on the card but I did notice a difference in the numbers. Even though Assassin mods didn't take it from 2.0 to 2.1. Also noticed barely higher crits with my SAW when I was leveling my EU character's LMGs, when I got a 2% bonus, the card still said 1.5.

And man I want that orange Casti Springer now didn't know the OJ roll was Fire Rate! Still a lot of those oranges I wanna get my hands on.
    PSN ID (NA) - maverick--07--
    Characters - Odessia Tonra, Cynthia Vera, Dahlia Vasir

Defiance Data

This seems the perfect thread to ask... To any whose been crunching numbers... Crit multipliers, are they applied to the weapon's base damage? Or overall modded damage from other bonuses? It seems the crit multipliers went down somehow -- though the stats look the same, the actual crits seem to be a bit weaker on weapons that had no change with the weapon re-balance.

And now I know I was right with that. My OJ Auto and Rebound Lobbers, with a blue DMG Barrel (1.07) and mastery DMG roll (1.05), and level 20 on skills are only getting 1085 DMG. This (800 * 1.15 * 1.05 * 1.07 * 1.05) is how I got the 1085. I believe the Crash Boomer was another one that didn't recieve the DMG buff as well.
    That's pretty surprising, given how the Votan grenade launchers were already weaker than the human ones. Guess that was probably an oversight.

And man I want that orange Casti Springer now didn't know the OJ roll was Fire Rate! Still a lot of those oranges I wanna get my hands on.
    Yeah, I was psyched when I got that this afternoon. The synergy and mastery roll are less than ideal, but it's still a really great weapon for the Warmaster's armor. I still haven't decided whether to put a falloff or a damage barrel on it.

I don't think you get the extra from rounding. My Assassin VBI AR with just one 1.25 Crit Roll and Assassin mods wasn't enough to get to 2.1 Crit on the card but I did notice a difference in the numbers. Even though Assassin mods didn't take it from 2.0 to 2.1. Also noticed barely higher crits with my SAW when I was leveling my EU character's LMGs, when I got a 2% bonus, the card still said 1.5.
    Thanks Mav! Sounds like there's no reason to ever worry about rounding when it comes to mods then, with the exception of mag size.