+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Important Clarification on the DLC 2 ArkBreaker Weapons

Ok Everyone, so there have been a lot of "new" weapons added to the game.

However, I feel it necessary to point out that only 3 of these are actually New Weapons – and you can’t get them in orange apparently (more on that in a second).

A Standard Weapon in Defiance gets:

1. Random rolls
    2. Random synergy
    3. Random nano

This is the standard.

The only 3 weapons that meet this requirement are the new:

• VOT Volge Thunderer Pistol
    • VOT Volge Typhoon AR
    • VOT Volge Lightning Rifle

(NONE of the above 3 actual new weapons have been pulled in orange as far as I can tell – again more on that at the end of post)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other weapons added with the DLC are simply "variants" of existing weapons and while they have varying nano & synergy, they break an important rule of Standard Defiance Weapons -- they all have IDENTICAL rolls - they can, however, get different Mastery Rolls - these weapons include:
    • Typhoon-X AR --- A variant of the VOT Volge Typhoon AR with Mag rolls, 25% speed boost on Explosive kill, etc.
    • Volge Recon Assault Rifle -- A variant of the VOT Volge Battle Rifle Gun with reload rolls
    • Castithan Springer -- A variant of the VOT Pulser
    • Castithan Sweeper -- A variant of the VOT Grind Fragger
    • Tripleshot Fragger -- A variant of the VOT Auto-Fragger
    • Zagger -- A variant of the VOT Nano Fragger with all reload rolls
    • Splitshot -- A variant of the VOT Surge Bolter
    • Volge Breacher -- A variant of the VOT Fragger
    • VOT Needler -- A variant of the VOT Tachmag Pulser
    • Precise Chaos -- A variant of the VOT Longshot Cannon
    • Monitor Sidearm -- A variant of the VOT Surge Blaster
    • Quickshot -- A variant of the VOT Blaster - not to be confused with the...
    • Quickburst Pulser -- A variant of the VOT Disruptor
    • Votan Flash Rifle -- A variant of the VOT Blast Rifle
    • Headshot Custom Bolter -- A variant of the VOT Bolter
    • Proliferator -- A variant of the Invader
    • Corpse Infector --
    • Blast Fragger -- A really lame variant of the VOT Nano Fragger
    • Shield Spanner -- A variant of the Spanner Protector
    • Castithan Weaver --
    • Area Suppressor -- A variant of the VOT Auto Lobber
    • Clusterdrop Detonator -- A variant of the Ground Pounder -- not to be confused with the...
    • Clustershot Cannon -- A variant of the Mass Cannon

and there are more...

Now these weapons - that can not vary in their rolls - are dropping like orange flavored candy at Warmaster kills.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on the topic of the actual new weapons and Orange versions -- I believe Trion has left these legendary weapons (VOT Volge Thunderer Pistol, VOT Volge Lightning Rifle, & VOT Volge Typhoon AR) off of the Loot Table like they did with the VOT Volge Battle Rifle Gun when it was first added.

If anyone can prove me wrong then please do.
    LF: Respark Energizer ARK, 7th Legion Gashima Unity Synergy, Double DMG & EGO on Reload

Quote Originally Posted by Overtkill21 View Post
    snip
    So displeased with this DLC... *sigh*

So anyone else think we have another case of "Whoops left them off the loot table."?
    LF: Respark Energizer ARK, 7th Legion Gashima Unity Synergy, Double DMG & EGO on Reload

Next time you decide to steal info from another thread, you might want to do a better job at stealing the right info. This post contains both misinformation and lacks important information all in one go. Nice job! Hard to fail that badly at copying

I'm convinced they've left OJ off the warmaster in general. Finishing first on kills should guarantee an OJ by golly...

I am beginning to think so as well. As many times as I have been apart of/heard about getting legendaries from defeating it makes me think it. Even it being RNG u would still think that u would hear about at least 1 person between the 3 platforms. But clearly that's not the case...

It confirms what I suspected. In actuality, we got only three new weapons, and a lot of others that had the skin copy/pasted and renamed. I thought that maybe the Zagger a Clan brother gave me was a neat find, until realizing that they all have the same bonus rolls. And for sawed-offs, once reload exceeds fire rate, it seems to become a moot point, and have no effect. As for the three actual new weapons. I'm a crazy sniper fan. It's all I ever use. And I love the skin of the Lightening. But it's absolutely, positively useless as a weapon.

You line your site, you pull the trigger, and then the energy bolt leaves the barrel. The bad guy who is unaware he's been shot at saunters casually to the building in front of him while the beam travels. He goes inside, makes himself a coffee, and takes a break reading Dark Matter Weekly, while the beam still travels. He gets up, stretches, walks back out to his post and stands there while the beam still travels. Then he casually strolls out of the way, and is missed completely when it arrives. Useless.

It also seems to be bugged when it *does* make contact. Half the time when it impacts (at close range), it explodes right to the center of the opponent, and no damage is done.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtkill21 View Post
    So anyone else think we have another case of "Whoops left them off the loot table."?
    More importantly to me, I dunno why we now have a 3rd version of the same weapons, considering the major differences between them could almost completely be covered by a slightly expanded table of tweaked rolls.

But that's just me.

And: What Lillith said.

These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

i am pretty sure a couple people were selling orange typhoons in the need/want section
    gamertag : xILFxLEGION

Atheism is a non-prophet institution.

now that i think about it, it could have been an orange typhoon x-ar.
    gamertag : xILFxLEGION

Atheism is a non-prophet institution.