+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

"Where is everybody?"

I cried out in Zone chat, only to hear the sound of my own voice echoing.

But seriously, sometimes there's a lot of people on and doing arkfalls, and then an hour later everyone falls off the face of the earth and I don't see a damn soul outside of the few people sitting around AFK in outposts.

Where does everybody go? Is there any particular area that may be more populated?

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    I've been doing a lot of full series A-Falls and Minors alone, I know that.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Well see what happened was...

Quote Originally Posted by ege View Post
    I cried out in Zone chat, only to hear the sound of my own voice echoing.

But seriously, sometimes there's a lot of people on and doing arkfalls, and then an hour later everyone falls off the face of the earth and I don't see a damn soul outside of the few people sitting around AFK in outposts.

Where does everybody go? Is there any particular area that may be more populated?
    There was such a drastic drop in players that now each remaining player has their own personal server...

Quote Originally Posted by Amack View Post
    There was such a drastic drop in players that now each remaining player has their own personal server...
    No, I don't think that's the reason.
    Due to the Arkbreakers, almost everybody is in the same phase. It doesn't matter where you enter it. When you enter it from Phase A and another one from Phase B and they get merged together in one Arkbreaker, they all come out in Phase A.
    So in Phase A is almost everybody. Then there are some who are still in Phase B or C and there aren't that much players. These are the ones not doing Arkbreakers and sticking to "normal", pre-DLC PvE stuff.
    Just jump to someone on your friendlist. Click O (the letter) and you see who is in the same phase as you. When they have a green tick in front of them, they are in your phase, when there is a red cross, they aren't.
    Once you are in the same phase as everybody else, you soon will see, that there still are a lot of players.

PC EU - GT: Fuzzy12 - EGO LvL: 6.000

I'm also on Trove as Fuzz - Want to help me? Use this referral link.

Site Manager on Defiance Data

Not many NA players on PC during prime time...it's really dead. Like really really dead.

The server is a ghost town in my prime time where I either have to solo major arkfalls/sieges/etc or do it with at most 10 players. On the rare chance someone opens a WM instance...we are lucky to get 10 people to show up.

Then the clock hits 3 am in the morning and a ton of players suddenly log on; it's insane.

Defiance seems to be quite popular with the Oceanic crowd but not so much in NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Due to the Arkbreakers, almost everybody is in the same phase. It doesn't matter where you enter it. When you enter it from Phase A and another one from Phase B and they get merged together in one Arkbreaker, they all come out in Phase A.
    So in Phase A is almost everybody. Then there are some who are still in Phase B or C and there aren't that much players. These are the ones not doing Arkbreakers and sticking to "normal", pre-DLC PvE stuff.
    Just jump to someone on your friendlist. Click O (the letter) and you see who is in the same phase as you. When they have a green tick in front of them, they are in your phase, when there is a red cross, they aren't.
    Once you are in the same phase as everybody else, you soon will see, that there still are a lot of players.
    I am willing to bet you an orange from DLC2 that it is the reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I don't think I understand what you're saying here, what are these "phases" you are talking about?

Also, about 5 mins ago some guy came and placed 4 spikes only to call down a WM instance with an empty chamber. What is up with this? I've had a similiar scenario where I help place spikes only to call down a WM that is already active with 80% HP and 30 seconds left on the clock...

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by ege View Post
    I don't think I understand what you're saying here, what are these "phases" you are talking about?

Also, about 5 mins ago some guy came and placed 4 spikes only to call down a WM instance with an empty chamber. What is up with this? I've had a similiar scenario where I help place spikes only to call down a WM that is already active with 80% HP and 30 seconds left on the clock...
    If everyone was in the same phase - We wouldn't be having the discussion about how clans and groups go into an AB together but wind up scattered over several interiors an several timeframes.... you go in at the start and wind up with 2 minutes left on a WM.

derp
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

While phasing does contribute to making the world seem empty for sure.

But in reality this game actually is DEAD except in Oceanic time zones.

I'm not sure i see quite a lot of players at most times?

i'm GMT+10 though (Queensland Aus) I'm not sure why you are not seeing players, i actually joked that an Arkfall must have landed in Iron Demon Ranch yesterday as so many players were in it.