+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Arkfall Fragments

I am really liking these tiny arkfall fragments I have been finding around Mount Tam. I hadn't noticed them saying anything about adding these - though that doesn't mean they didn't. Anyway, it gives even completly new players a chance to feel arkhuntery from the get go.

I have run across around 4 of them so far. Of those 1 spawned a golden skitterling at the end. Though it didn't drop any loot. Didn't get a screenshot though - was too busy thinking "Golden Skitterling! Shoot it!"

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Saw a golden, once, too.
    I thought it might have some significance other than just catching a glimpse of Sasquatch or Nessie, but alas, it was about as useful.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Wonder if you follow it, will it lead to the last secret vendor location? Or is it supposed to be a drivable vehicle now?
    PSN bearbug74

PS3 IGN The Lady74
    Ego 5700 (Hard Way) 5700 - 5810 (Trion) 5810 - 5991 (Hard Way) 6000 (Trion)
    Clan 187 Syndicate

PS4 IGN The Lady
    Ego 50
    Clan Here2***ShtUp

Quote Originally Posted by The Lady View Post
    Or is it supposed to be a drivable vehicle now?
    The Golden Hellbug Bike.
    That would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Saw a golden, once, too.
    I thought it might have some significance other than just catching a glimpse of Sasquatch or Nessie, but alas, it was about as useful.
    Pics or.... you were drunk and it did not happen.

thanks for this notice! i will "try" to frequent Mount Tam. as of lately i've been in the Madera and such surround areas

:3

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Saw a golden, once, too.
    speaking of a gold hellbug, in the battle arena in DLC1. does killing the Gold hellbug give you massive score point? i've not even reached the Broze score in the first arena and i am trying to Silver, to clear and unlock a new arena and get the Castithan blade.

Golden Skitterlings give you 300 points in the arena. If you kill it with a max combo (x10) you get 3000 points for it. Absolutely worth knocking out if you can. Plus they sometimes drop purples.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashtalia View Post
    speaking of a gold hellbug, in the battle arena in DLC1. does killing the Gold hellbug give you massive score point? i've not even reached the Broze score in the first arena and i am trying to Silver, to clear and unlock a new arena and get the Castithan blade.
    the gold hellbug is a base 300 points iirc. However the key to getting higher points is to try to maintain your multiplier. For instance if there is a strong, higher point target surrounded by weaker ones, and all are at full health, it may be beneficial to weaken the strong thing, then kill the smaller ones (to drive you your multiplier), then finish off the big thing. Otherwise you may end up killing the small things fast, then have the multiplier fade before you finish off the bigger thing. And you may not always want to kill off an entire swarm of skitterlings too quickly...spacing out your kills just enough, can keep your multiplier alive long enough to get the next higher point target, so getting a 10x multiplier and getting a 30 point target is just as good as an unmultiplied gold hellbug. Now getting the gold hellbug while you have a 10x multiplier is another thing...

Of course nowadays you could probably just swap to a surge bolter and one-shot the golden skitterling :P

I got a few easy golden kills in arena using a typhoon.