+ Reply to Thread

dmg reduction perks

hi all, just wanted to know if there are any cumulative perks you can use to reduce damage..e.g., can i use the Fortified Stance and the Thick Skinned and Cellular Armor perks and have more dmg reduction or can i only use ONE perk..?? also, what is a popular all-around setup for soloing as far as survivability and quick enemy kills..?? thankx for your help..!!

Perks are about the only role playing part of this game. I hope they are stack-able, I'm perked to tank, with runNgun or brutal synergy.
    But that is also by load out, I have a tank, an assassin, and a medic.

I have, fortified stance, rear guard, and cellular armor; regenerate and fortitude. That is on all my load outs, then my tank has nerves of steel and gun slinger, my assassin has ambush and shadow strike, my medic has combat medic and Samaritan. So far
    onPCintheUSA

Damage reduction perks are no longer stackable. The highest damage reduction will always take priority, so it's useful to have more than one but they do not activate at the same time.

So rear guard for rear attacks, cellular armor for all around attacks, thick skinned for when your shield breaks.

Say you have cellular armor and rear guard on. If you're hit from behind, you will only receive the damage reduction from rear guard, not cellular armor and so on.

Damage reduction now takes the highest amount across your perks, weapon and shields. So you can only have 4 sources of damage reduction activated at the same time, 3 from shield/weapon/perk and the 4th one from the damage reduction spike.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post
    Damage reduction perks are no longer stackable. The highest damage reduction will always take priority, so it's useful to have more than one but they do not activate at the same time.

So rear guard for rear attacks, cellular armor for all around attacks, thick skinned for when your shield breaks.

Say you have cellular armor and rear guard on. If you're hit from behind, you will only receive the damage reduction from rear guard, not cellular armor and so on.

Damage reduction now takes the highest amount across your perks, weapon and shields. So you can only have 4 sources of damage reduction activated at the same time, 3 from shield/weapon/perk and the 4th one from the damage reduction spike.
    well that really sux...theres alot of good dmg reduction perks and they don't stack... so then, wouldn't Fortified Stance be better since it has a flat out 15% dmg reduction compared to other perks..?? what's your best tank setup..? thankx for the replies and the informative explanation Arsenic_Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Skybane View Post
    well that really sux...theres alot of good dmg reduction perks and they don't stack... so then, wouldn't Fortified Stance be better since it has a flat out 15% dmg reduction compared to other perks..?? what's your best tank setup..? thankx for the replies and the informative explanation Arsenic_Touch
    The most efficient way to tank in this game is to kill all enemies before they've killed you. Seriously.
    But yeah, if you really want to increase your survivability in most PvE situations, use a respark regenerator with the regeneration perk. Your HP will regenerate pretty quickly.
    Guide to Weapon Bonus Rolls (partly outdated) | Guide to Weapon Mods | Guide to Scopes and Sights
    HP and Regeneration rate tests | Weapon range tests

Want to know which guns are the best? Check out my weapon tables! (partly outdated)