+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

I would like it if dying in game was something to be feared.

I'm having fun and I really like this game but god do I wish death were more than a minor inconvenience.

I liked the old EQ2 system where you got XP debt every time you died and from that point 50% of all XP went to paying off the debt.

I think the newer generation of players is more casual so I understand why MMOGs are care bear but it'd be nice to fear dying (in game) again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maledon View Post
    I'm having fun and I really like this game but god do I wish death were more than a minor inconvenience.

I liked the old EQ2 system where you got XP debt every time you died and from that point 50% of all XP went to paying off the debt.

I think the newer generation of players is more casual so I understand why MMOGs are care bear but it'd be nice to fear dying (in game) again.
    Yeah I'm guessing it's been discussed a thousand times, but I agree with you. At the very least there shouldn't be a self-revive. That's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyle View Post
    Yeah I'm guessing it's been discussed a thousand times, but I agree with you. At the very least there shouldn't be a self-revive. That's just silly.
    There's a cooldown on self revive.

I'm on the fence with this one. I hate the CoD style of play where everyone runs around shooting without a care because kills count, but deaths don't.

On the other hand, how long would it take to finish a major arkfall if everyone was running away as soon as they took a hit or two of damage?

Maybe they can create a cool-down time that increases with each death in a certain time frame. Not really a solution, but a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chivaro View Post
    There's a cooldown on self revive.
    OOOhhhh cooldown on self revive!!!!.....

Listen, ive said this once before, and i agree with the OP, this game is dumb down so that everyone will fell special, and noone will be left out. Debt death would be awesome, but you would have a bunch of people crying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maledon View Post

what ego level are you? It starts easy - trust me it gets hard and $$ starts flying out the window by the percentage.

Walk away from the computer for six hours every single time you die. There we go, instant hardcore death penalty.

Your scrip repair is based on your EGO level, when you get to the real part of the game, outside of what was available in the BETA and your ego level is higher you'll start to see that death is not something to laugh at.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

I am 100% fine with things as they are

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyes View Post
    Walk away from the computer for six hours every single time you die. There we go, instant hardcore death penalty.
    An even better one is delete your character each time you die.