+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

removing grenades spikes stims etc

Its great to hear that the defiance teams has listened to our pleas about all these things clouding our claimed and the ground, but could you guys make it to where we can pick it and instantly break it down?
    Clan Skyebanks Raiders
    Position LEADER

I agree Xander, we should still be able to pick these up and sell/salvage them. I end up leaving quite a few blues and greens on the ground because of this. It's ridiculous.

> Say no to the Greed Collective™. Boycott the Bit Store. <

Simply removing them from the game is kinda screwing players out of ark salvage. Sure it's easier but the easy way might not be best for our fellow ark hunters
    Clan Skyebanks Raiders
    Position LEADER

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xander Nekil View Post
    Its great to hear that the defiance teams has listened to our pleas about all these things clouding our claimed and the ground, but could you guys make it to where we can pick it and instantly break it down?
    Double clicking on spikes/stims/'nades laying on the ground, that duplicate what we already have in our inventory, and going straight to AS is a great idea.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Double clicking on spikes/stims/'nades laying on the ground, that duplicate what we already have in our inventory, and going straight to AS is a great idea.
    Only question is, will someone actually see this great idea... and better yet, can it actually happen?

Trick addressed this on the Livestream last Friday. They're not going to make the items auto-pickup. I think the following is a direct quote (taken from Defiance Data):

"We are still not liking that because it would take away the tactical decision for encouraging grenade throwing and switching.

One of the fixes we are making is making certain that you can always pick up the grenades on the ground, at the moment there are a handful of situations which prevent you from doing that."

Granted, most of us feel that the grenade changes inspire neither tactical decision nor switching. However, always being able to pick them up is certainly welcome.

Full Livestream transcript, thanks to Defiance Data!
    PC NA characters: Market & Yanna Walkingbear
    XBox NA character retired.

PTS Reviews on Defiance Data!

"You must understand, young Hobbit, it takes a long time to say anything in Old Entish. And we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say."

Don't get me started on grenades. Just a waste of time. Never have grenades to throw yet the game tells me my inventory is full.
    onPCintheUSA

this is just the begining this will help our claims and give us better rewards , and the better part is they are going to make it so we can loot everything off the ground but that isnt coming till the next dlc , at least i wont get two useless grenades as rewards for doing a siege anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Market View Post
    tactical decision
    Tactical decision... AKA: constantly having to cycle through my inventory to refill a used stack of grenades.

Good decision pause not.

Not having played before 1.2 I don't know how the cuurent nade situation compares to previous... but I don't find the nade inventory situation so bad... there are ~ 3 type of grenades I bother using and when I need more I hit 'P' go to my claimable items and click on the type I need to reload... it's like infinite nades... now having a hundred or so claimable items (mostly nades and spikes I don't use) is another thread