+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
    Oh good... it's not just me. I stick to Pyro grenades and shouldn't have to run and hide because grenades I have NOT used are missing and therefore I have to choose a grenade that is there. By the time I switch I don't need them.

As for the person who says it's about money (next page over so don't see name), I have over a million script and salvage. If you pick up and sell/breakdown everything there is shouldn't be any shortage. The only time I use either are for lock boxes when I max on keys or for a mastered weapon I am working on. Oh, and for grenades and stimpacks. Apparently I can't use the Unclaimed ones unless I am completely out, which is just silly.
    You mean this quote?

"Money.

People were farming for salvage, as many have noted, and able to work for lock boxes.
    That means no one is buying those from the store."

They were talking about TRION making money in their in-game store I think. Player "scrip" money is not what Trion wants us to have - they want us to spend our real, hard-earned money in their store but it's not going to happen. Trion wishes we'd all be gullible enough to give them MORE of our real money but if you're a decent player and make sure to grab every resource handed to you, then you shouldn't have to give Trion more money than you already have, right?

I've slowly been breaking down all the crap in my claim items, it's worth it for the ark salvage at this point. Total pain in the neck but I want whatever Trion will let me have!

Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    You mean this quote?

"Money.

People were farming for salvage, as many have noted, and able to work for lock boxes.
    That means no one is buying those from the store."

They were talking about TRION making money in their in-game store I think. Player "scrip" money is not what Trion wants us to have - they want us to spend our real, hard-earned money in their store but it's not going to happen. Trion wishes we'd all be gullible enough to give them MORE of our real money but if you're a decent player and make sure to grab every resource handed to you, then you shouldn't have to give Trion more money than you already have, right?

I've slowly been breaking down all the crap in my claim items, it's worth it for the ark salvage at this point. Total pain in the neck but I want whatever Trion will let me have!
    Yeppers. That's the one. I think that if someone lives off of lock boxes it may be an issue. Since I only open them to get rid of the maxed out keys prompt I have never had an issue. I know of plenty of games that almost force you to buy from the store to continue to play. I would not put Trion in the same category. You can get enough by simply playing the game. It's when people get focused on the rare weapons that it comes into play I guess. Taking the time to sell/breakdown and run around after finishing arkfalls/sieges/etc... will pretty much sustain anyone's script and salvage needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa View Post
    Yeppers. That's the one. I think that if someone lives off of lock boxes it may be an issue. Since I only open them to get rid of the maxed out keys prompt I have never had an issue. I know of plenty of games that almost force you to buy from the store to continue to play. I would not put Trion in the same category. You can get enough by simply playing the game. It's when people get focused on the rare weapons that it comes into play I guess. Taking the time to sell/breakdown and run around after finishing arkfalls/sieges/etc... will pretty much sustain anyone's script and salvage needs.

Yes I was referring to real world dollars not in game scrip.
    And I still firmly believe most of the decisions center on how to get people to use bits instead of grinding.

At one point I submitted a suggestion to Trion to remove the ability to purchase lock boxes with bits from the quick menu, as many players were accidentally doing so given the faulty GUI.

Their response was to state" We have many players who use bits for lock boxes." completely skirting the question and ignoring the point that the faulty GUI allows for accidental bit purchases.
    They would rather people make mistakes and then state it is un-returnable.

And I stand by what I have said that I think it has also backfired.
    I have a few extra bits lying around and at this stage see almost nothing worth spending them on, nor a reason to replenish them.

Quick update

note on my original post regarding PC favoritism.

The NA PC Defiance server has been unlocked. .......

consoles.......still waiting.

I wish there was a way to have an auto pick up option at the least. so many times ive had a blue saw laying there but unable to pick it up because of a grenade laying on top of it that I already have. I feel I spend more time looking at the ground to see if I CAN pick anything up than actually shooting bugs!
    Gamertag JI A Y D O G G Xbox NA

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    Double clicking on spikes/stims/'nades laying on the ground, that duplicate what we already have in our inventory, and going straight to AS is a great idea.
    But first they should give us something better to do with ark salvage than buying 64 keycodes and getting 4 blue items for it, then breaking it down for 1/50th the amount we originally had.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdpig View Post
    But first they should give us something better to do with ark salvage than buying 64 keycodes and getting 4 blue items for it, then breaking it down for 1/50th the amount we originally had.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by Xzelian View Post
    O.k., so I think people have some very good points here, and we can all agree that the current system is incredibly stupid.

Let's look at WHY this happened though.
    The same reason every bad decision that comes down the pipe happens from Trion.

Money.

That means no one is buying those from the store.

In doing this, it creates a scenario in which mass farming is now rather impractical.

But as many have pointed out it backfired, because now no one wants to purchase loot bonuses.
    I don't think it would have been an issue for anyone if we could have auto broken down all grenades on pickup as salvage when full on that type.
    it just didn't happen and no one wants to try to see what kind of grenade is lying there before switching types.

This also brings up the entire switch process.
    If the game were stable........again feasible, but it very much isn't and even opening inventory in an ark fall or event is enough for a server kick.

I don't know about PC gamers but really do expect these issues are far less prevalent for them rather than console.

Remember that the programmers for Trion don't really play their own console versions.
    All live streams ALWAYS show them on PC ALWAYS.
    We never see them even think twice about how their decisions effect console.

It's like the mass favorite issue.
    Have a mouse.....its a pain, but a quick scroll is WAY easier than with a d-pad.

As a final note, I don't want them to remove the rewards which are "cluttered in save items."
    We are rewarded less and less every day.
    I want the ability to break a claim item into immediate salvage.

Players rewarded, salvage gained, problem solved.

of course that means that no one will buy lock boxes with bits.....so you can easily see where that will go.

So just a heads up Trion. With decisions like these, and people leaving left and right with every bad one, how many bit purchases do you think you will have when there is no one left playing to purchase them?

Trions goals IN ORDER should be:

1. stability
    2. content
    3. toys.

When those things are met, only then will players enjoy the game enough to play and spend additional dollars.
    I only ever bought 1 loxbox for bits. I personally think that are not worth the 400 bits to get 4 blue guns. I can play the game for a few hours and get the same thing and it doesn't cost me 5 dollars.

I always wanted to do a poll seeing now many people would buy a tier 4 lb for 400 vs. a tier 4 lb for 100 bits. I would buy 0 for 400 bits but i would buy 4 at 100 bits each. It's very simple make people think that they are getting the better offer and they will spend more. I don't even buy loot boost anymore or even more inventory spots. If they would make it so we can pick everything off the ground, I would buy loot boost every weekend and i would buy at least 60 more spots, maybe even on both of my charaters.

If they wanted people to use grenades more they should have just put them on the (skills) like all the other weapons in the game. By the time they were maxed to 20 ( or whatever number) they would be stronger and the time to recharge would be less.

Outside Roanoke, in Virginia, on an actual pc.
    I'd prefer an option to leave grenades/spikes and stims blank in the loadouts so I could just crush them all as I picked them all up.

I have zero desire to use that crap, and I'm firmly of the belief that a lot of the game play got unbalanced by the damned things.

And for Goddess's sake, please stop auto-favoriting the jekkin' things.

Considering that one of the main selling points of this fiasco was it was going to be faster and more efficient.

In actuality its just a huge cluster-jekk, and LOTs of people would rather lick a badger than use this shtako on purpose.
    These are just my opinions.
    I have lots of opinions.
    Some of them, on occasion, people have agreed with.
    I do not trust those people.

NA/pc.
    2013:
    Mid E-5XXX main, but I played 26+ 'toons from E400 to E5500. (Dormant)
    2050: Lvl 499X main

Quote Originally Posted by crasher View Post
    I'd prefer an option to leave grenades/spikes and stims blank in the loadouts so I could just crush them all as I picked them all up.

I have zero desire to use that crap, and I'm firmly of the belief that a lot of the game play got unbalanced by the damned things.

And for Goddess's sake, please stop auto-favoriting the jekkin' things.

Considering that one of the main selling points of this fiasco was it was going to be faster and more efficient.

In actuality its just a huge cluster-jekk, and LOTs of people would rather lick a badger than use this shtako on purpose.
    Even this I would rather. Just let me break down all my genades and never use them. The things are more hassle then they are worth now, rather not even use them at this point.