+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    i've noticed low frame rates on some cases which sucks =/ since the graphics on the xbox 360 are probably tweaked down to the maximum, i can say almost for sure it is frame rate related, for example just now i'm doing this mission alone inside a cave (small space) and you can clearly see the low performance even without bots or just a few. When there's a lot of players, monsters and shooting, all of that stuff happening it's a completely different situation, those aren't the cases i'm referring to.

you guys should have just posted in the 20 other threads already open complaining about the same thing, low fps, tearing, jaggies, freezing and crashing...

and like all those other threads, the issue is the same, the xbox.. new or old don't matter much, its hardware cannot handle the software well or at all, there are several games on the same console that did this even on it's launch back in 2005 and un to this day they remain so. ATi was a poor choice, thats for certain, as they may push record book speeds, but burn out just as fast, so to get long lasting gfx processors you get sub par performance.. for the processor, they claim to have 3xprocs running in "HT" as 6 cores, but the actual clock speed in action is ~1.6ghz... less than many QUAD CORE cell phones...Fact is.. it was obsolete when it launched, and does not age well.

you would have been much better off, and paid less overall, playing via pc or even ps3..

my stores haven't ordered new xbox's in a few years, and I still make a lot of money repairing them for people who refuse to see the console costs more to keep running than a small down payment on a car (to keep an xbox, with the avg type of additional devices, online service etc. running for a 5 year period it actually costs about $3,300... not including the prices of games themselves... meanwhile.. you can buy a ps3, and with it having .05% failure rate, no online fees, and no additional attachments needed, the cost to run for a 5 year period is the original ~$300 bucks...)

we can blame publishers all day long if we chose, and yes, over time people learn new tricks in coding to push a system to new heights.. (recall BLACK, on PS2.. which looked better than anything that was coming out on the so called "next gen" 360...

point is.. that system can only do soo much, also.. if that one you owned has been running more than (4 months for the old one) or (1 year for the new one) you might wan't to try a lotto ticket.. because you are rather lucky it hasn't burnt your house down.
    Antec skeleton Frame, 3960x @4.8Ghz, 32Gigs DDR3@2400Mhz, dual GTX690's in quad sli, 1440p@1khz refresh rate, 70"x3.

It's a fact that xbox 360 is old and with it the hardware, but that isn't an excuse not to release software that runs properly isn't it?! maybe they can't/couldn't tweak the game any more to give better results and made the decision to release it as is. BTW the example i was talking in the previous post is the "Jackleg Joe" mission where i could clearly see the hardware struggling, which made the playing experience a bit unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Derity View Post
    It may also be your Xbox.

I know this may sound weird at first, but Defiance is really pushing the Xbox 360 to its limits, and because of this - having a new or old Xbox is actually seemingly making a difference.

I have two Xbox 360's, one is a few years old and one is a newer model and only months old. My newer Xbox runs the game a lot smoother than my old Xbox.

When I first played Defiance I thought the same thing, "Damn, the framerate is so bad" at the time I was using my old Xbox in my bedroom, later on I played the game in my living room on my newer Xbox and I noticed a huge FPS increase. Needless to say, my new Xbox has been moved to my bedroom, lol. I now only play Defiance on my newer Xbox 360.

On my new Xbox, the framerate is very smooth for the most part, I would suggest trying to play the game on a more fresh Xbox 360 to check whether or not your Xbox is contributing to your FPS issues.
    lol its a direct x9c which dates back to 2006 so I doubt that is the problem. There is a fps limiter on pc to 60 you don't need a high spec pc for this game guys! My 2008 alienware corp m17-r1 runs max settings at 1920x1200 so 1200p for newbies with ati 3870x2 in crossfire xbox 360 uses a ati x1600 based gpu and I don't see why it could be laggy on a older xbox 360 pre slim. same hardware just different design inside and out. xbox upscales your 720p to 1080p to fit screen but xbox 360 is not hd by anymeans so it should handle it fine it could be also be network related

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Ratte View Post
    lol its a direct x9c which dates back to 2006 so I doubt that is the problem. There is a fps limiter on pc to 60 you don't need a high spec pc for this game guys! My 2008 alienware corp m17-r1 runs max settings at 1920x1200 so 1200p for newbies with ati 3870x2 in crossfire xbox 360 uses a ati x1600 based gpu and I don't see why it could be laggy on a older xbox 360 pre slim. same hardware just different design inside and out. xbox upscales your 720p to 1080p to fit screen but xbox 360 is not hd by anymeans so it should handle it fine it could be also be network related

it's not upscaling, its the same resolution sent on a 1080 signal..

also.. the difference in performance may indeed be age related.. the original 360's had a failure rate of 83.6%~, while the new ones are at 54.7% (still more than half the consoles made...)
    Antec skeleton Frame, 3960x @4.8Ghz, 32Gigs DDR3@2400Mhz, dual GTX690's in quad sli, 1440p@1khz refresh rate, 70"x3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    you guys should have just posted in the 20 other threads already open complaining about the same thing, low fps, tearing, jaggies, freezing and crashing...

and like all those other threads, the issue is the same, the xbox.. new or old don't matter much, its hardware cannot handle the software well or at all, there are several games on the same console that did this even on it's launch back in 2005 and un to this day they remain so. ATi was a poor choice, thats for certain, as they may push record book speeds, but burn out just as fast, so to get long lasting gfx processors you get sub par performance.. for the processor, they claim to have 3xprocs running in "HT" as 6 cores, but the actual clock speed in action is ~1.6ghz... less than many QUAD CORE cell phones...Fact is.. it was obsolete when it launched, and does not age well.

you would have been much better off, and paid less overall, playing via pc or even ps3..

my stores haven't ordered new xbox's in a few years, and I still make a lot of money repairing them for people who refuse to see the console costs more to keep running than a small down payment on a car (to keep an xbox, with the avg type of additional devices, online service etc. running for a 5 year period it actually costs about $3,300... not including the prices of games themselves... meanwhile.. you can buy a ps3, and with it having .05% failure rate, no online fees, and no additional attachments needed, the cost to run for a 5 year period is the original ~$300 bucks...)

we can blame publishers all day long if we chose, and yes, over time people learn new tricks in coding to push a system to new heights.. (recall BLACK, on PS2.. which looked better than anything that was coming out on the so called "next gen" 360...

point is.. that system can only do soo much, also.. if that one you owned has been running more than (4 months for the old one) or (1 year for the new one) you might wan't to try a lotto ticket.. because you are rather lucky it hasn't burnt your house down.
    you sound like a ps3 fan boy to me man dont be mad that xbox has better online service better support dosent get hacked and lose ppls credit cards and most games look better on xbox i can go on for hours ps3 sucks and your comment about 3k upkeep on a xbox is a joke i have had the same xbox for 7 yrs lol

Newer xbox vs old xbox

It could be running faster on the newer xbox's because of the cache being more empty or the hd being more empty as well. For people suffering terrible lag i would try clearing the xbox cache and mabye delete all your game demos and digital stuff you now longer play.You can just download them again anyways. Only other thing is mabye try installing the while game on the hd instead of just the patchs.I dunno if it lets you install it but you could find out.

Just visit the ps3 forums for the game. They have no shortage of fps problems and game freezing issues.I'm assuming you had to install the whole thing on ps3 too since the blueray read speed it horrid compared to dvd.You should get less problems with ps3 since they force it to be all be installed not just the patchs.But if you dont have it fully installed on your ps3 i would install it,much faster than loading from the blueray. And people are having the same issues with PC's that are way above any of the consoles specs and above recommended specs for the pc version. So id have to say it the game has some play in the problems as well as some of the hardware.

Oh and edit to ask if its even running at 1080p on the PS3 or is it at 720p like most of their games?

2-3 year old xbox 360 here. I don't exactly have the best internet connection living in an apartment complex but it's decent. For me the game is actually running with a surprisingly good framerate. My only real problem with performance has been since the last patch my connection will time out at peak times. It'll do it like 5-6 times in a row and then it seems to clear up.

I've had a little lag here and there but nothing horrible like some of the other mmos I've played on the pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post

Well I won the jackpot then because I still have my original launch box. The only thing I changed was adding my own WD hard drive. Perhaps people are letting their drives get filled and not doing routine maintenance on it which is causing the slow-downs beyond the latency and server load issues.