+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is it better to have a nano-effect or none at all?

Sometimes it looks like some weapons, because of the nano-effect, do less damage on some ennemies. Or is it my imagination?

hmmm i cant answer that... i dont use nano-less weapons.
    worth checking out though

I tend to use the same nano-less weapon all the time, wipes out most enemies pretty quickly. Personal preferences I guess. Just choose what you like.

A lot of them are useful, some are better in certain scenarios, etc.

I always thought Nano=more DMG?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Fair View Post
    I always thought Nano=more DMG?
    It depends on the nano-effect. Three of them produce more damage (incendiary, radiation and syphon). Electrical stuns enemies and stops shield regeneration. Biological slows enemies and reduces their damage.

dyunan.natsuu デュナン・ナッツ - PC NA

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Raven View Post
    Sometimes it looks like some weapons, because of the nano-effect, do less damage on some ennemies. Or is it my imagination?
    It's just your imagination. Nano effects don't cause reduced gun damage.

dyunan.natsuu デュナン・ナッツ - PC NA

Quote Originally Posted by Deunan View Post
    It depends on the nano-effect. Three of them produce more damage (incendiary, radiation and syphon). Electrical stuns enemies and stops shield regeneration. Biological slows enemies and reduces their damage.
    This is somewhat untrue, at least for PvE. Electrical does additional damage because when I use my AR with electrical and it procs I see additional damage tick as the mob is twitching. Also radiation doesnt do direct damage but rather increases the amount of damage you do to the affected mob. You also have to take into consideration that some mobs have resistances against certain damage or weaknesses, so those will in turn affect the damage you do with Nano weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Deunan View Post
    It's just your imagination. Nano effects don't cause reduced gun damage.
    I don't know on green Hellbugs for example I seem to do way less damage with my nano radiation weapon.

Though I don't think that's the case, at least in PvE, do realize that certain shields have resistance against certain nano effects (could be a factor in PvP maybe).