+ Reply to Thread

Trading, sending items to Alts and general "Noob" questions.

1) How do I give another player an item in game?

2) How do I send an item from one character of mine to another character of mine?

3) Is there (or are there plans for a) shared bank between my characters?

4) Am I able to buy additional character slots?

5) Since it appears that any of the 4 classes can equip any two weapons...Why are there 4 different starting classes? What is the real difference (if any) between them??

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaDelta View Post

2) How do I send an item from one character of mine to another character of mine?

5) Since it appears that any of the 4 classes can equip any two weapons...Why are there 4 different starting classes? What is the real difference (if any) between them??

Thanks in advance!
    1. If you're on consoles, press Right on the D-Pad, trading is somewhere in that menu. (The onscreen menu)
    2. Not sure if possible.
    3. I think there is a clan bank? Not 100% on this though.
    4. No
    5. They are not classes, it is more of just a starting point - the only difference is weapon and outfit.
    "My opinion is, my opinion, is my opinion."
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Derity
    Region: Europe

How do you trade on PC? I don't see it written in any menu anywhere.
    Sha'uri, 3307 EGO
    Synergy Community at www.synergy-community.com

There is an option to trade with characters within your vicinity (i.e stood next to you).

You can't unless you open another account, and dual box..

There might be, but considering there isn't a personal bank other than your own inventory.. I'd suspect not; at least Trion hasn't hinted there will be... but never say never.

Not at present, besides there's no real need to..

There aren't any differences other than cosmetic and starting weapon.. one character can have upto 5 different loadouts, with different perks and weapons etc effectively negating any real need to create alts.. The only real reason for alts I guess would be for RP..

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
    | V.B.I. Operative - Check | EGO - Check | Alpha Tested - Check | Beta Tested - Check |
    | PC - Check | Preorder - Check | Game - OMG.. How BIG is that box!! Ultimate Edition |

Thanks for the replies!

The only reason I was thinking there might be the need to alt toons is if there was any real difference in the 4 class types. If there was a difference...I might have wanted to (eventually) play all 4 types...and my son wants to as well. But since there doesn't seem to be any difference...it's a moot point I guess.

Sorry that I forgot to mention that I'm on a PC.

I still can't figure out how to give another player an item. If anyone figures that out...I would appreciate a heads-up!

For as well as the Rift roll-out went a couple of years ago...I'm kind of amazed (in a less-then-thrilled way) that Trion hasn't made simple things in this game (like trading an item to someone)...simple!

I'm a bit bothered by the fact that I can't send an item to another toon of mine...like sending my son's character a cool weapon I found but have no need for anymore.

Was wondering this myself about any sort of mail system. Wanted to recreate my character as the menu for greater customization up top was not there when I created my character initially, and wanted to at least some of the cash and items I had gotten so far. (no seriously, the menu wasn't there, I scanned for at least 10 minutes while I agonized over jaw shape, and then confirmed it wasn't showing when I google searched character creation screenshots, I decided to jump in to test the game out anyhow and forgot about customization until I was a good 150 ego power in (not a lot, I know, but want to save my items).

A simple mail system could do wonders. Shared bank is an ok idea, but I can't imagine any reason to have more than 1 character in this game, since there is no difference between race, gender or origins at all.