+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

7th legion blades

I noticed the 7th legion blades have a mod slot on them, when looking at their cards in the vendor. So does the color mod for charge blades work on them? If so how exactly does it make them look (since Trick did say a few days ago that they are NOT glow sticks)?!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkHunter Z View Post
    Confirmed. Mods do work on the new blades. I got a blue blade as loot from an incursion. The blade itself remains unchanged, but the trailing effects when you swing the blade changes, along with the color of the particle effects when you do a jump strike.

The blade effects were blue, now are red from the mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post
    It changes the trail when you swing the blade and the colour of the smash.
    Someone said they pulled an orange one, has the same stats as the castithan charge blade.
    Guess we have confirmations!
    Support me in Extralife

Xbox Gt and Defiance Character (Na): Atticus Batman
    DEFIANCE CLAN: DAWN PATROL(forum page)

(Azrael Batman) Clan: Nuclear Elite (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by CM Kiwibird View Post
    That's because Batman is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOz View Post
    As usual Batman is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaQkarri View Post
    Because Batman is ALWAYS RIGHT!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReaper2662 View Post
    Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

I hope not.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenic_Touch View Post
    I hope not.
    Changing the blade's tint or base blade color may be ok, but it may look weird if it does glow. I don't have a color mod, or new katana yet. Witch is why I am asking in hopes somebody has already started experimenting! Besides if somebody has done so, it would be nice to post the pics here!
    Support me in Extralife

Batman is boss. He will never lose because he is the best. That's that. Oh yeeeah

Probably changes the colour of the grip

edit:
    ok serious reply: they probably copy-pasted the code from the charge blades, only taking out the glow (and linking to a different model) and forgot to take out the mod slot.

This blade was going to be the reason I buy the DLC, but it has an EGO level (so it can be out-leveled), while my Charge Blade does not, and my Charge Blade is orange, while even if I grind the reputation I'll only be able to purchase a blue katana, which does considerably less damage... And either way, I'm not leveling a weapon skill, because blades still don't have their own line...

It's kind of Lose/Lose/Lose all across the board except visually, and I don't think I care that much about the visual anymore. : [

But regarding the mod slot, I would guess that the color crystals change the color of the gem in the blade, it's default is red. Not confirmed or anything, just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakku View Post
    This blade was going to be the reason I buy the DLC, but it has an EGO level (so it can be out-leveled), while my Charge Blade does not, and my Charge Blade is orange, while even if I grind the reputation I'll only be able to purchase a blue katana, which does considerably less damage... And either way, I'm not leveling a weapon skill, because blades still don't have their own line...

It's kind of Lose/Lose/Lose all across the board except visually, and I don't think I care that much about the visual anymore. : [

But regarding the mod slot, I would guess that the color crystals change the color of the gem in the blade, it's default is red. Not confirmed or anything, just my guess.
    Perhaps I better look at that blade in the vendor closer. You may be right, but lets hope it is confirmed by somebody.
    Support me in Extralife

When we see the rage thread about wasted bits, we'll have our answer

Quote Originally Posted by melkathi View Post
    When we see the rage thread about wasted bits, we'll have our answer
    Wasted bits was last week when I bought a tier4 while tired! NEVER buy a lockbox when tired! You accidently spend bits! Good thing I didn't have to pay for those bits! But now I will have to spend more bing reward points to get more xbox points for more bits, eventually. But not until I know what the color mods look like on the Katana so I know if I should, grind for 7th rep or Casti rep!
    Support me in Extralife

What's the point in grinding 7th Rep for a sub-par sword rather than a top-tier one you could grind Casti rep for?

The fact is you can get an orange sword from DLC1 with enough rep / arena grinds, but it looks like you're relying on luck and potentially huuuuuuuge amounts of time grinding if you want an orange sword from DLC3. :[

i think they might change the grip color which is white when u get one. But what i want to know if anyone has looted an orange one and if so are they tradeable. It'll be cool to know if i should waste my time and rep points on a purple sword, hope to loot an orange one or buy one from another gamer when they loot one. And i know that the ones from the vendors are not tradeable. So please don't answer with that....a real answer, and not a guess, to batman's or my question would really make my week. Thank you