+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just wanted to ask, Why is only half the map filled in

I find it rather annoying that only the middle area of the defiance gaming world has been filled in and populated with huge areas surrounding it being left pretty much blank. With the largest area to the North, which is about the size of the explorable area alone (you can move the map cursor some distance north before it stops).

I was wondering if these areas were to filled in by future dlc, which I hoped some of the current dlc would do as it would help with the area confliction issues (some try's to do a mission in a certain area but the area won't load the mission due to a impending siege event)

also off topic when is the main story being expanded it's far too short.

Because this is all the game there is.
    onPCintheUSA

Quote Originally Posted by OynxDragon666 View Post
    also off topic when is the main story being expanded it's far too short.
    game storyline is tied to TV series. so it MAY be expanded when Season 2 goes on air.
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

Game content/TV series story line was suppose to be tied together and the map would expand as the story line in the TV series expanded. Of course they never really tied the story line of the show to the game, and basically we'll just have to wait for another "patch" pretending to be a DLC and hope the map expands then.

i thought only the episode missions were tied to the series and the main story was a separate entity

I think they planned to extend the map. I remember they said they planned to do that when the game was released, having the new areas and main quest for free, while the side missions was planned to be paid content. For example, the unexplored part of SF is Fort Defiance.
    But I suppose there is not enough people working on Defiance to make it happen. So, they release the Defiance version of the Oblivion's Horse Armor DLC, IE 7th legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Erei View Post
    I think they planned to extend the map. I remember they said they planned to do that when the game was released, having the new areas and main quest for free, while the side missions was planned to be paid content. For example, the unexplored part of SF is Fort Defiance.
    But I suppose there is not enough people working on Defiance to make it happen. So, they release the Defiance version of the Oblivion's Horse Armor DLC, IE 7th legion.
    or maybe it has something to do with Syfy, a company that has a track record of killing good thing because of left feet's will
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

A question that has been asked since the alpha testing. It's that way to leave you wondering "what if"

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,xxx - Clan Level 3,100 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO & Firefall

In beta it was alluded that as each DLC was released, more of the map would be opened up along with other things like story updates and constant weekly content. This is one of the main reasons WHY I decided to buy a season pass.

Then they fired pretty much most of the team a month or so after launch.

WHOOPS!

I am sure they will hype more land mass when season 2 is announced shortly and of course they won't deliver as usual. That's Trions MO!

Caveat Empor, bishes.

Sounds like a settings issue to me.

Adjust your settings so that the usable part of the map butts up with the edges of your screen. With a little tweaking you can get the adjustment perfect.

Now you'll notice that there is actually very little area to expand to.

Hope this helps.