+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DLC#4 Suggestion

This is just a suggestion without having a clue as to what is currently in the works.

Open the map. Take down the barriers, both invisible and death barriers. Let people openly explore the map.
    Seeing as to how expanding the play area has been one of the most requested things, I can't understand the delay in doing this.

If adding new territory isn't in the plans for the DLCs then just let us play with what is already there. Had this been included with DLC#3 it would have felt like we were given some meat with the content. (I would have purchased DLC#3 for this.)

Is this something that is hard to accommodate? Not having a clue what goes into it work wise, it is in the top 2 things that are requested for DLC.
    www.youtube.com/user/combo65

IGN: Combo Breaker

That's assuming the stuff outside the current map actually exists and isn't just distant placeholder graphics to make it seem like there's something. If none of it exists then it's just a lot of work to suddenly add it.

There are al least 2 ways out of the map (used to be 3). There is plenty of area outside the map. Lots of people have been there. I would think that it wouldn't be too hard.

I could be horribly wrong though.

I made it over 1km north of the furthest Mount Tam border once, nothing out there.

As for expanding the map they need to have a reason to do it. If they plan to take us away for several missions thats good, but remember that the Bay Area is special, the highest number of arkfalls are there so if we leave we give up regular arkfalls.

I for one hope we get to go to the closest area: Key Diego - stop off at Yuma grab some Votan-mex cuisine, maybe trade with one of the Great Houses in LA, then grab the mag-lev form Calexico to New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Escyos View Post
    I made it over 1km north of the furthest Mount Tam border once, nothing out there.

As for expanding the map they need to have a reason to do it. If they plan to take us away for several missions thats good, but remember that the Bay Area is special, the highest number of arkfalls are there so if we leave we give up regular arkfalls.

I for one hope we get to go to the closest area: Key Diego - stop off at Yuma grab some Votan-mex cuisine, maybe trade with one of the Great Houses in LA, then grab the mag-lev form Calexico to New York.
    Id like to see that in-game auction house be coded into LA

Quote Originally Posted by GarfrostPAX View Post
    That's assuming the stuff outside the current map actually exists and isn't just distant placeholder graphics to make it seem like there's something. If none of it exists then it's just a lot of work to suddenly add it.
    When I get out of the map to just go exploring [going behind the crashed ship becacause the lake thing there looks amazing] after a while the world drops off and just leads to a giant ocean.

In addition to all that, why not add a Dodge Charger to the game like the one in the show? Sure, we all have the Challenger, but no one has a Charger yet...

Also, I'd like to see some improvements on character customization options and maybe something more in-depth like a few new missions that maybe elaborate further on what the Votan cultures were like before the Pale Wars outside what we already know from the show and the few data recorders and cut scenes in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyamara View Post
    In addition to all that, why not add a Dodge Charger to the game like the one in the show? Sure, we all have the Challenger, but no one has a Charger yet...

Also, I'd like to see some improvements on character customization options and maybe something more in-depth like a few new missions that maybe elaborate further on what the Votan cultures were like before the Pale Wars outside what we already know from the show and the few data recorders and cut scenes in the game.
    Im not sure this is a good idea, if they pull production out of plaid speed the entire system may just implode.

I would +1 every idea mentioned so far if i could.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Im not sure this is a good idea, if they pull production out of plaid speed the entire system may just implode.
    Please explain Danke. The Votan cultures one would make sense if you take into consideration that people like to have a good story at times.

The Dodger Charger one could be easily implemented... Just use the vehicle dynamics of the Dodge Challenger, and allow 4 people or 5 people to sit in it...

The customizations one, well... that is a bit of a dream... There is so few choices for character customization that it is kind of sad, but still... pretty nice there that at least you do have about as much customization ability as you would expect to have on a PS3 or Xbox game like Mass Effect and Dragon Age gave.