+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Flriduh
    Posts
    3,015

    FOV Shift - What is does and how it works.

    This option was most certainly implemented for the players with good sniping skills. Most notably, target acquisition and weapon control.

    Once you have the option turned off, in order to utilize it effectively, you must scope in while standing up, kneel while still scoped in, and then scope out. From there it is basically a learning curve on how to properly use this view point. You can choose at will whether you want 1 eye open (scoped in) or 2 eyes open (scoped out). While scoped out with 2 eyes open you lose some weapon control and targeting bonus, this is mainly where the good sniping skills come into play. If you are hit while scoped in (1 eye open) it will bring you out of this view into the scoped out (2 eyes open) view temporarily, and this will also occur while you are reloading.

    Keep in mind you remain kneeling during this entire process and you cannot effectively use this method while standing. Used properly, it will turn you into a headshot killing machine.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Amack View Post
    This option was most certainly implemented for the players with good sniping skills. Most notably, target acquisition and weapon control.

    Once you have the option turned off, in order to utilize it effectively, you must scope in while standing up, kneel while still scoped in, and then scope out. From there it is basically a learning curve on how to properly use this view point. You can choose at will whether you want 1 eye open (scoped in) or 2 eyes open (scoped out). While scoped out with 2 eyes open you lose some weapon control and targeting bonus, this is mainly where the good sniping skills come into play. If you are hit while scoped in (1 eye open) it will bring you out of this view into the scoped out (2 eyes open) view temporarily, and this will also occur while you are reloading.

    Keep in mind you remain kneeling during this entire process and you cannot effectively use this method while standing. Used properly, it will turn you into a headshot killing machine.
    Thank you. I will try this. It's the last challenge for me to beat.
    Curious, I have to change this in my settings?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Flriduh
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Burned In Effigy View Post
    Thank you. I will try this. It's the last challenge for me to beat.
    Curious, I have to change this in my settings?
    Correct, general settings or something like that.

    IIRC, Trick is a skeet shooter. I'd bet he is responsible for this. Whoever is, deserves a gosh durn raise if you ask me. If this is why DLC3 has no content... I'm okay with that! Lmao.

  4. #4
    Thanks, I consider myself to be a good sniper but this challenge makes me argh a lot.
    PS3 NA
    PSN the_vondruke
    EGO 6000
    IGN SAVAGE NECKBEARD
    Officer: Defiance Terminators

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Flriduh
    Posts
    3,015
    I can take out a small army coming towards me now... while kneeling.

    Important to also note, this works with all scoped weapons. Not just sniper rifles. I do prefer sniper rifles, and using this makes each shot count, if you know what I mean.

  6. #6
    Glad to see you figured it out Amack what was causing it. I'll have to try it now that I know how to make it happen, to see how I like it.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Flriduh
    Posts
    3,015
    Quote Originally Posted by jschmuck33 View Post
    Glad to see you figured it out Amack what was causing it. I'll have to try it now that I know how to make it happen, to see how I like it.
    Trion sure didn't make it easy, that much is certain.

    They even ignored me in the stream, they probably had to suppress some laughs. Das Otay...
    I even said "Show these fine people how the new scopes work"... lmao.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Flriduh
    Posts
    3,015
    So people don't miss it.

    Also using both eyes open with other weapons besides sniper rifles in close quarters, can be tons of fun.

  9. #9
    Member Market's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,429
    Nice find, Amack! I was just being asked the other day what the heck that setting does, but I had no idea!

    Thanks for the info!!
    PC NA characters: Market & Yanna Walkingbear
    XBox NA character retired.

    PTS Reviews on Defiance Data!

    "You must understand, young Hobbit, it takes a long time to say anything in Old Entish. And we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say."

  10. #10
    Question,
    Is it supposed to auto aim when I change targets? Once it actually followed the target . it doesn't feel any different. And yes, it is turned off.
    PS3 NA
    PSN the_vondruke
    EGO 6000
    IGN SAVAGE NECKBEARD
    Officer: Defiance Terminators

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts