Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

a personal quest for fairness in the moderation

I have but a humble request.
    Not a lot to ask, really.
    Since I have arrived here, I have kept my mouth shut until lately because I am sick to death of the talk on the forum here.
    Sure, I have pointed out the main ones and talked to them specifically and I have paid for it in infractions and suspensions.
    What I am having trouble wrapping my head around is the fact that I am getting infractions for purposfully mispelling someone's name or making snide comments about them yet the same people that I refer to TRASH Trion directly but they use vague generalities like "they" and refer to Defiance as "it" and then these folks barely get a slap on the wrist for it.
    You know "who" I am speaking of and what "they" do and say.
    When new DLC comes out, "they" talk about how crappy it is or how buggy it is and yet somehow "they" are the ones the "she" is always talking about on the Livestream. (Avatar with mirrored shades and a red charged blade? Tru Suki-man?)
    Constantly on the forum smashing "The game company" about "this crappy product" and it is all okay.
    How can the code of conduct even apply here, or the rules for talking to another person with common decency or respect?
    These are the kinds of duplicitous people who I would refuse customer service to in my store because they smile to your face and rip you to shreds behind your back, but it is okay as long as they say "HE" instead of "Howard".
    I love the game Defiance, and I come here for news and to see what is going on in the community.
    But this just plain sucks "it" altogether. It doesn't matter anyway, because as long as "He" can hide behind "His" computer in D.C. or Maryland, "He" is every bit the "saviour" of "This Game" that he says that "He" is.
    Go ahead and give me my infraction now, I am sure that "someone" feels as though "I" earned it - but try to make it fair for "everyone" if "You" can.

I live in a Twiztid and tormented mind, keep out.
    You have a good point, Howard - but sometimes a frontal assault isn't the best way to go about it I suppose.
    Cute little comments and innuendos seem to work best around here and taking on the finest purveyor like that may not be the best course of action.
    Why do You think most of us have given up on the forums?
    It isn't worth the hassle or the bother. What was a decent community has turned into a mud-slinging and there is little moderation and people don't want to try and make the game better by helping, just tear it down.
    Pack up your feathers and fly south for the winter.

"THIS FATAL CIRCUS needs a few less clowns...."
    GT: CRIXDA CLAN: DAWN PATROL
    "Have Cool, Will Travel"
    DAWN PATROL every saturday A.M., Run and Gun on XBL NA!

Quote Originally Posted by CRIXDA View Post
    Pack up your feathers and fly south for the winter.
    Careful CRIX....might get an infraction for calling out Howard's feathers!

Console: X-Box 360 (US/NA)
    GT: Shad0w Andr3as
    Character: Shadow Andreas
    Clan: DAWN PATROL
    Face Book Page: DAWN PATROL

Co-founder of the "DAWN PATROL"...just a few of us that love to run and gun Saturday mornings and any other time we can, throughout Paradise. Come join CRIXDA (other co-founder) and I for some good Defiance conversation and lots of shooting things!

Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar
    Hey guys -

I'm going to let this post stay open for a bit even though it discusses moderation because I want to talk about the rules.

Our Trion Forum Rules are the same across all products and we try to be as lenient as possible: obey the rules, be respectful to the company, products, devs, and each other and whatever your opinion is, we're cool with it. That being said, attacking people for having differing opinions isn't cool and it's something we're working to fix. We want this to be a safe space for everyone.

If you see something that is toxic, unfair, trollish, or otherwise - please report it. We'll take a look because we want to make this place awesome for you and frankly, we need your help to make sure we catch everything that shouldn't be on these forums.

Thanks.
    elizabeth "dahanese" tobey
    director of global communications
    Twitter: @dahanese | @TrionWorlds | @RIFTgame | @TroveGame | @DefianceGame | @ArcheAgeGame | @EndofNations
    Facebook: RIFT | Trove | Defiance | ArcheAge | End of Nations |Trion Worlds

As stated its okay to have a different opinion, but those with differing opinions generally show each other respect. The infractions are generally for those who fail to do so. Or for pictures, I guess im still vague on the details of where the comedy line is...

Funny...both Crixda and Howard the duck post in single sentence paragraphs. No, it can't be...Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Bahamut3 View Post
    As stated its okay to have a different opinion, but those with differing opinions generally show each other respect. The infractions are generally for those who fail to do so. Or for pictures, I guess im still vague on the details of where the comedy line is...
    Bahamut3.....comedy is frowned upon

Console: X-Box 360 (US/NA)
    GT: Shad0w Andr3as
    Character: Shadow Andreas
    Clan: DAWN PATROL
    Face Book Page: DAWN PATROL

Co-founder of the "DAWN PATROL"...just a few of us that love to run and gun Saturday mornings and any other time we can, throughout Paradise. Come join CRIXDA (other co-founder) and I for some good Defiance conversation and lots of shooting things!

I live in a Twiztid and tormented mind, keep out.
    I personally appreciate that, Dahanese.
    I honestly don't understand at all how it is possible for prolific posters to slip by getting away with standing over a bloody body with a bloody knife in their hand every day, all day long and it is all good.
    How?
    The guys in the same building that YOU work in, making the game that YOU are moderating the forum for right here are being smacked for being lazy and telling in-game lore through data recorders because the guys that YOU are working with more or less don't give a crap about the product that they are making.
    Read the new DLC thread and You will see what I am talking about.
    I don't make this stuff up, but I sift through it to try and find news about something that I enjoy.

"THIS FATAL CIRCUS needs a few less clowns...."
    GT: CRIXDA CLAN: DAWN PATROL
    "Have Cool, Will Travel"
    DAWN PATROL every saturday A.M., Run and Gun on XBL NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Bahamut3 View Post
    Or for super giant signatures. A lot of signatures are getting really long.
    Twitter: @dahanese | @TrionWorlds | @RIFTgame | @TroveGame | @DefianceGame | @ArcheAgeGame | @EndofNations

Quote Originally Posted by CRIXDA View Post
    I personally appreciate that, Dahanese.
    I honestly don't understand at all how it is possible for prolific posters to slip by getting away with standing over a bloody body with a bloody knife in their hand every day, all day long and it is all good.
    How?
    The guys in the same building that YOU work in, making the game that YOU are moderating the forum for right here are being smacked for being lazy and telling in-game lore through data recorders because the guys that YOU are working with more or less don't give a crap about the product that they are making.
    Read the new DLC thread and You will see what I am talking about.
    I don't make this stuff up, but I sift through it to try and find news about something that I enjoy.
    Yes: I'm not happy with the insults being thrown at the team - directly or otherwise. We've been trying to be lenient as possible but it's something that does have to change. Again - safe space needed for everyone, that's the goal.