+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar

A goodbye of sorts (but not really!)

Hey guys,

Today’s my last day at Trion Worlds! I’ve written a longer winded blog post on my personal site, but I wanted to take the time to post here and thank you for the crazy ride that’s been Defiance. I’ve watched this game go from Alpha through launch and beyond and I think we can all agree the ride hasn’t always been smooth but it certainly wouldn’t have ever even started if it hadn’t been for you guys. I’m fiercely proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish so far with the game and the community and, looking at the year ahead, am really excited to be part of your crowd to watch the rest of our plans unfold.

While this is a technical goodbye, as the title says, it’s not really: I’ll be in game (mostly on PC, if you guys want to join me - but I've got 'em all set up in my living room!)

Thanks again. It’s been awesome.

-e.

And here’s the link to my blog, if any of you want to read it. http://dahanese.com/?item=807
    elizabeth "dahanese" tobey
    director of global communications
    Twitter: @dahanese | @TrionWorlds | @RIFTgame | @TroveGame | @DefianceGame | @ArcheAgeGame | @EndofNations
    Facebook: RIFT | Trove | Defiance | ArcheAge | End of Nations |Trion Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by dahanese View Post
    . I’m fiercely proud of what we’ve been able to accomplish so far with the game and the community http://dahanese.com/?item=807
    I hope to God your joking

Sorry to hear that you're leaving, and while I don't agree with some of the decisions that the company has made I respect the contribution and effort you've put into the community. Best of luck for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Etaew View Post
    Sorry to hear that you're leaving, and while I don't agree with some of the decisions that the company has made I respect the contribution and effort you've put into the community. Best of luck for the future.
    Seconded.

While we've butted heads many times, but I've never held any ill will for you. Have a good one.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    Beta Tester -/- NA PC Player -/- CORE Leader -/- Ego Level 5,000 - Clan Level 2,950 - Winterborn - Now playing ESO

They are down sizing? This could be a bad sign
    GT RichieLeos1

Supplying drama filled threads with popcorn since 2001

Good luck... heard it's a jungle out there.

Does all of this mean you'll be working for another developing company next?

Director of Global Communications dahanese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ricolicious View Post
    Good question!

Firmly no to downsizing: in fact, I've been working with our amazing team for quite a while to get some great people on deck for you. When they get here, I'm sure they'll have their own way of saying hello - but you guys are in good hands. And in the meantime, if you need anything after today, hit up Morgana and she can help you. She's a rockstar.
    elizabeth "dahanese" tobey
    director of global communications
    Twitter: @dahanese | @TrionWorlds | @RIFTgame | @TroveGame | @DefianceGame | @ArcheAgeGame | @EndofNations
    Facebook: RIFT | Trove | Defiance | ArcheAge | End of Nations |Trion Worlds

After that.. "DLC" Which probably cost nothing to develop since there was nothing in it and took, stole i dont know how many 10$ for nothing, why would they have to downsize their team of 3 to 2?

There are no more bad signs man, just the horrible ride thats left. They dont listen, wont listen, and will continue down the path of crap DLC. Just enjoy what you can, and dont stress the bad stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by N3gativeCr33p View Post
    Good luck... heard it's a jungle out there.

Does all of this mean you'll be working for another developing company next?
    http://www.smule.com/jobs

"Food stuff
    •Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, refreshments and fresh fruit delivered twice a week
    •Catered lunch twice a week, catered breakfast thrice a week"

There it is