+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Isn't.... there.. already one? Or am I seeing something else?
    Yeah, but the classic shimmering outline thing that's fairly visible just isn't enough. Personally, I think if they are within 20 meters of you, it should put a red arrow above their heads or something similar.

Id like to see some type of arena.. Very small map with obstacles.. 1v1 - 5v5 able to make teams and some type of rating or rank to be able to buy or equip bad *** looking gear or weapons.. Think it would make the game very interesting.. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Inteoix View Post
    Yeah, but the classic shimmering outline thing that's fairly visible just isn't enough. Personally, I think if they are within 20 meters of you, it should put a red arrow above their heads or something similar.
    Sooooo you want Cloak to work as it does except for when you're within 20 meters of another player? Yeah, that sounds logical. "Here's this ability, but when you get ~60 feet from someone (wayyyyy more than enough distance) a BIG *** ARROW is above you, basically making your ability useless when it counts most."

EDIT: For the record, I use Overcharge.

Making them a little opaque when they are closer would be far more logical than a big "HE'S RIGHT HERE" like the arrow you want would be.
    Q: So is this a “soft launch”?
    A: No, we do everything hard.

ЯRonin

Why not make some traditional team-based games like CTF? I think that would work really well in large battles. Also, since clans are a big part of this, maybe 4v4, 5v5, and 6v6 clan matches? These could be small-medium size maps and would really get more people playing PvP.

Taking out the vehicle with guns on it would be nice, too.

I would actually love to see clan matches on small scaled maps. I think this would bring interesting competitive matches.

I would also like overcharge to only count on the first bullet not after that, also blur needs to only work for the first 15 ft and not within 15 feet of me, and decoys should be bright pink, I mean how am I supposed to know which is real and which is a decoy.

What would be the point of stealth if people can see you easily then?

1. The fact that you can even do PvP is pretty well-hidden. This really comes down to the fact that the UI is very poorly designed anyway, but it isn't at all obvious on how to queue up for PvP. Maybe add something in the tutorial about what the CTRL menu does, and what features will be unlocked there later on, like queuing up for PvP and dungeons.

2. It's really difficult to identify the enemy sometimes. More than once I found myself running up to a group of people that I first thought were on my team, only to have them all open fire on me. Maybe make the distance that health bars show up longer or something. Right now, the only difference I've noticed is that my team mates all have a little diamond thing above their head, but with so many similar diamond and squares showing up in the HUD, like objectives, they don't really stand out too much.

3. There needs to be some kind of explanation on what team you are on. My first match was looking like a total loss, until it turned out that I was on the winning team. I'm sure it's labeled somewhere, but like most aspects of the UI, it's hidden and difficult to access.

4. Shotguns need to be toned down. I think the damage is fine, but the spread is way too large. Why use most other weapons that require accurate aiming when you can just use a shotgun that requires very little accuracy, and does just as much damage or more?

5. Jumping needs to be toned down. Rolling is fine, because rolls are kind of predictable, in that once it's started, you can't really control or stop it. Jumping is just obnoxiously effective, especially for anyone not using a shotgun or explosive. Maybe limit the jumps you can do in a row, or lower the height of the jumps a bit (jumping is more like floating or flying for short distances right now).

6. Kill cams might need to be fixed. At least I think they are kill cams, because after I die I see combat from someone else's perspective, although I can't really tell if they are attacking me or if it's just showing what they are doing for a few seconds after I die or what. It's a bit jarring, and could probably be removed entirely.

7. The game score seems to be bugged, as far as I can tell. I'll see players with names like "WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" multiple times. It also took me a few times to figure out that it lists your account name rather than the character name, which makes no sense. Maybe change the heading to "Account Name" rather than "Player." Also enable sorting of the lists...

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Combat is fun, even if shotguns are broken and it's hard to figure out who to attack. The game just needs some real polish.

Quote Originally Posted by UsuallyDope View Post
    Sooooo you want Cloak to work as it does except for when you're within 20 meters of another player? Yeah, that sounds logical. "Here's this ability, but when you get ~60 feet from someone (wayyyyy more than enough distance) a BIG *** ARROW is above you, basically making your ability useless when it counts most."

EDIT: For the record, I use Overcharge.

Making them a little opaque when they are closer would be far more logical than a big "HE'S RIGHT HERE" like the arrow you want would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by discosoc View Post
    What would be the point of stealth if people can see you easily then?
    Do you guys not see the sarcasm?

Matchmaking needs some tweaking I think for shadow wars. Sometimes it takes a very very long time to start a match. Other than that the main thing pvp needs like everything else in defiance is just more. More maps more game modes more open world pvp options like being able to war another clan and roam the open world looking for them to kill. Or fortress's to cap and hold similar to planetside. Maybe just a new area of the map where there aren't really any missions but pvp is open all the time.