+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Inteoix View Post
    Yeah, but the classic shimmering outline thing that's fairly visible just isn't enough. Personally, I think if they are within 20 meters of you, it should put a red arrow above their heads or something similar.
    That would defeat the purpose of using cloak...

I feel the powers / perks need some balancing for PvP.

For instance: Decoy is the Obvious counter to cloak with perks like reduced damage from the back and show anything cloaked within a certain radius but then the other perks from decoy revolve more around "medic" type play not leaving much for offensive.

I've never been a big fan of paper rock scissors. ( Though I feel this will change as you get more and more ego points and can drift over into other areas )

Stealth and Cloak abilities I typically find are not that great for PvP due to the nature of the ability itself.

Stealth run up to someone, shotgun them, stealth run away

Run up to someone, shotgun them, cloak, run away.

I do notice players that are more "aware" have an easier time of countering cloakers by meleeing them (which if you get meleed while trying to cloak it gets interrupted if you didn't know) or spaming explosive weapons or on the off chance someone is actually using an assault rife they spam those bullets to where you may be; Which I've died more than once like this...

Regardless though: Cloak + Shotgun feel very over powered right now. When I first started its what I went for.. Cloak up, sneak up around 3 guys chilling trying to take an objective and BLAM BLAM BLAM.. all dead.. snicker run away.. move on to next spot... Made me want to FRAPS it and start a youtube channel I felt so good.

Right now I'm experimenting with Decoy but it doesn't look very promising.

Blur is a joke compared to the Cloak build.. After playing a match of me being the only Blur player and most everyone else using a cloak shotgun build or the occasional (oops.. I forgot the 4th abilities name.. ) Overcharge? user... I then felt it was time to un-install.. I felt I did that bad...

So far the only two Viable builds to me are an overcharge or cloak build, and it shouldn't be like that.. with Cloak and its perk taking the cake.. + dmg to the back? Check... Reduce cloak time? Check... More damage from the hip or while moving towards me? check.. check..

Most other perks I've seen for PvP.. Other than more damage if above and few others like it seem pretty useless in comparison.. (which is also from the cloak "tree")..

So imo.. Its not just cloak but the perks surrounding it also that make it so deadly while leaving others in a dried up ocean with a surf board talking about.. go have fun....

With all that said... This is the best PvP I've played in a very long time!!!!!!! It has really taken me back to my UT99 days which, imo, nothing has touched that game in all of its glory since... If you took out all the ego powers and perks.. I'd probably be happier just because I'm scared of the balancing act to come.

I'm really happy with the diversity of weapons and haven't even gotten to experience all the types yet but their could always be more! (shock rifle? -nudge nudge-.. Just think about it.. )

Edit: Though I hinted at it, I never mentioned it. Assault rifles and SMGs seem very under powered in comparison to most other types of guns.

Edit: Fix cloak before it becomes a crysis!! Get it? Get it? Not funny ? Ok.. Moving on

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Do you guys not see the sarcasm?
    What sarcasm?

I just got back from reading another post that brought up a really good point I'd like to add here:

When games went from a variety of weapon users to pretty much shotgun only users you saw an increase in people jumping over and over... "Bunny Hoppers".. Something really does need to be done about jump... it was a total turn off and actually made me quite playing last night.. I was so tired it was time to quit anyway.. but I think I would of just jumped back into PvE or even gone off and done something else "like another PvP game" as I was in a PvP mood..

It really makes you want to slap someone its that frustrating and annoying.. jump jump jump wee look at me I can fly.. jump jump jump.. I'm a bunny.. wee.. jump jump jump.. look at me!.. Yea.. I'd rather be thrown into a scenario of a Saw movie than witness any more of that.

I love being able to jump in a game.. it makes me feel awkward when i can't... At this rate though.. take it out for PvP.. Put in a stamina bar (as other have mentioned) or some other solution.. Maybe make a slight delay when you hit the ground you can't just instantly jump up again..

I dunno... It needs to be changed though.. Maybe just give me a rope for a weapon? Or those things you throw that wrap around people.. forgot what they are called.. but yea.. one of those! or a gravity grenade! Or even an Anti-Gravity grenade.. at least then were all stuck floating up and they couldn't jump anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Jester View Post
    I just got back from reading another post that brought up a really good point I'd like to add here:

When games went from a variety of weapon users to pretty much shotgun only users you saw an increase in people jumping over and over... "Bunny Hoppers".. Something really does need to be done about jump... it was a total turn off and actually made me quite playing last night.. I was so tired it was time to quit anyway.. but I think I would of just jumped back into PvE or even gone off and done something else "like another PvP game" as I was in a PvP mood..

It really makes you want to slap someone its that frustrating and annoying.. jump jump jump wee look at me I can fly.. jump jump jump.. I'm a bunny.. wee.. jump jump jump.. look at me!.. Yea.. I'd rather be thrown into a scenario of a Saw movie than witness any more of that.

I love being able to jump in a game.. it makes me feel awkward when i can't... At this rate though.. take it out for PvP.. Put in a stamina bar (as other have mentioned) or some other solution.. Maybe make a slight delay when you hit the ground you can't just instantly jump up again..

I dunno... It needs to be changed though.. Maybe just give me a rope for a weapon? Or those things you throw that wrap around people.. forgot what they are called.. but yea.. one of those! or a gravity grenade! Or even an Anti-Gravity grenade.. at least then were all stuck floating up and they couldn't jump anymore!
    I don't get it... whats wrong with jumping. I jump occasionally in under 20m battles, both trying to get the kill and stay alive. I also crouch too. Everyone can do it, why don't you start using the space bar and practice. It will make you better at PvP in this game. GLHF

Quote Originally Posted by Phatman View Post
    I don't get it... whats wrong with jumping. I jump occasionally in under 20m battles, both trying to get the kill and stay alive. I also crouch too. Everyone can do it, why don't you start using the space bar and practice. It will make you better at PvP in this game. GLHF
    Because it is stupid... Jumping "occasionally" is not the problem, crouching is not the problem... Being a "Bunny" Hopper is .. aka.. NON STOP jumping.. Its not a matter of everyone being able to do it... Everyone can jump off the Eiffel tower but not everyone does and it doesn't make it right. Fine, You want to be a bunny hoppper.. I want your accuracy reduced to 0 and see your bullets going everywhere but where they should, like they should be doing.....

No matter what world whether it be virtual or the real one, standing still and crouching give you better accuracy. You shouldn't be able to void that, and what comes natural by being a ****ing bunny...

I'm never one to compare real life to game... but in the case of this and it being a shooter, it totally ****s up the entire.. what's the world I'm looking for... Setting? Atmosphere? Something else?.....

Its also one of the main reasons I don't play call of duty.. Being able to go prone then jump then go back to prone in 0.1 seconds and repeatedly having the ability to do it is one of the most ******ed things that has ever been introduced to the shooting genre..

Its an exploit, a very annoying one.

Edit: One that can easily be fixed.

I think the wait time should be removed from shadow war and make it free to join even if there is 5 players. Because ps3 eu community is so small and most of the people dont even know about it and we will never get it started.

The maps feel a little too big for the amount of players in them. The two team deathmatch maps I find myself running around for a large portion of the round just to find someone to shoot. The areas feel very open but then cluttered with objects and terrain to block line of sight. There aren't many choke points that force contact like in many of the newer FPS games' map design.

The two TDM maps also feel too large due to their nature in that they have a lot of vertical space as well which increases there overall dimensions quite significantly.

The length of the hold the point matches seem fine but the TDM matches are too short. Double or triple the kill count to win. They should last on average 15-25 minutes not the 10 or so that they currently do.

One of the aspects I do enjoy is the pacing. The game is very twitchy and fast - not sure how pacing will change once people start getting top tier gear and full perks but keep things fast and your life short lived. It makes the action intense and meaningful as opposed to the major arkfalls that are scaled with 100 people which make you have a pellet gun against even some of the most average of enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by seros View Post
    I would also like overcharge to only count on the first bullet not after that, also blur needs to only work for the first 15 ft and not within 15 feet of me, and decoys should be bright pink, I mean how am I supposed to know which is real and which is a decoy.
    Hence Decoy!
    http://www.sca.org/ < Society for Creative Anachronism >
    http://www.aethelmearc.org/ < Kingdom of AEthelmearc >
    http://www.blackstonemountain.org/ < Barony of Blackstone Mountain >

Muntant Shotgunner - Hey you guy!
    Muntant Shotgunner - Today you die!

Muntant Rifleman - Take a bow!
    Muntant Rifleman - Take them down!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Jester View Post
    Because it is stupid... Jumping "occasionally" is not the problem, crouching is not the problem... Being a "Bunny" Hopper is .. aka.. NON STOP jumping..
    Its an exploit, a very annoying one.

Edit: One that can easily be fixed.
    When I jump around it's because I'm exploiting your weakness of standing still crouched making you an easy target. Not exploiting game mechanics. And jumping around does actually make it more difficult to aim as it forces you to track players both vertically and horizontally.

You picked the wrong game if you are looking for a realistic shooter experience.

Do you tell your friends not to dunk when you play basketball because you yourself are too short? No, you just get really good at shooing 3's. Same applies here.