+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    Pulled punches aren't what we want: your feedback is important to the devs, and will continue to be.

J3crow, I understand what you mean, and know that improving communication is something we'll be working on once the new guys start-- we're still a few heads short of a full team, right now.

As for keeping a thread open or not if it has blatantly non-productive posts-- it honestly will depend on how far the thread has degenerated. If it would be more work for our mods to clean up the non-constructive responses--and the responses to those responses-- it will get shut down. If there have only been a few, we can work towards keeping them open.
    Thank you for your response.

I appreciate it and I know others do as well.

I think making the point to note that there is a temporary shortage of staff will help to foster patience in a lot of folks who are worried that their concerns are not being heard.

The problem I find is that there has not always been a shortage of staff, but there has always been a shortage of communication.

Users who have previously had their forum access revoked, and create second, third, fourth, fifth...and so on, troll accounts, may now see penalties on their game accounts. (Yes, people really do this.) Those penalties range from suspensions to revocation of game access.
    Damn I havent played a game where punishment from things done on the forums carries over to the game. I shouldnt have anything to worry about but again damn...

J3crow, I understand what you mean, and know that improving communication is something we'll be working on once the new guys start-- we're still a few heads short of a full team, right now.
    Sadly this is something that has been promised to the playerbase several times over the last 8 months as well as increased transparency and has yet to be seen. So really all I can say to that is don't make more empty promises that you have no intention on keeping.
    PC and PS3 NA IGN: Slymenstra PSN: Memnoch316

Good lets see how it goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by j3crow View Post
    I can very much appreciate appropriate censorship where it is in reference to any communication that is personally demeaning to others (be it part of the staff, or another player). And I think it is always good to protect the dignity of others in general.

However, I personally believe that a good portion of the negativity found in these forums has been generated by the lack of communication from the development team.

When people continue to post about their concerns, especially when it centers around additional purchases of content, and there is no response from the development team, then that leads to negative assumptions and the perception that they are being ignored.

When you use language like "creating controversy where there is none", that to me comes across as a denial that a problem, or problems exist.

But the perception that I have now is that the relationship with a sizable portion of the player base and the developers of this game are very strained by a lack of communication.

I learned long ago that one of the quickest ways to damage a relationship is to have the other party feel ignored, or that their perspective is meaningless.

When the development team doesn't simply respond to acknowledge that they are aware of the concern, or have at least read the thread, then 'feeling ignored' is exactly how players feel.

A lot of the toxicity found revolving around certain issues could have been mitigated by someone simply responding with "We're aware of the perception or concern, and we'll revaluate it"

If someone had just done that, you would have found a lot of the player base coming to the reasonable defense of the game.

Again, just take a look at the developer forum postings of just about any other game.
    This is a wonderful post that highlights my concerns.

Will we see increased communication if the moderators aren't using infractions? That depends who is doing the moderators, our main public one isn't a Defiance dev or a community member so that wouldn't change.
    Defiance Data the community resource site, Databases, Tools, Guides and News

Is it an infraction to speak about craptor turret, Sledgehammer spawning orange, chit chat (alias shtako chat), and all the stuff that haven't been fixed since 9 months?
    Is it an infraction to say that we don't agree with the direction and choices the devs team takes?
    Is it an infraction to give its opinion about game design or dlc stuff, like samurais, ninjas and zombies?

It is mostly a matter of taste, so if it doesn't taste good for me, am I allowed to say it on this forum?

Sturn but fair
    | xbl: duction | ign: tom | server: xbox EU | clan: Ark Legion Elite | ego: 6000 | my store |

[*] Users who have previously had their forum access revoked, and create second, third, fourth, fifth...and so on, troll accounts, may now see penalties on their game accounts. (Yes, people really do this.) Those penalties range from suspensions to revocation of game access.
    Thankfully... I don't fall into this category of users... having been a forum moderator in the past, that kind of behavior is borderline psychotic IMHO.

No offense intended, Morgana... your opening post sounds all well and good, but I'll believe it when I see it. Because as Arsenic has eloquently stated earlier in this thread, all of Trion's "improved communication" proclamations have turned into static after all this time.

And FYI: your forum overlords need to figure out a way to keep the "go see this movie" spam bots out of here... permanently! Jekk, I have seen independently organized/operated forums have better protection from spam bots, to the point where they're not even an issue.

Doesn`t matter if i agree or disagree, i`m not concerned about it.
    I`ve been banned before from other forums so i know pretty much what i can or can`t say.
    You can get the hammer even if you feel you`r right and even if the posts are not offensive, so i always try to be as much neutral as i can.
    But i think that the forum management should worry more about the state of the game than about the state of the forum.