+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Nano effect symbols

What are the symbols used for each? I cannot find anything definitive on the actual markings.

Anybody know where I may see it listed? I understand the effects but am wondering which symbol corresponds with which effect. Thanks in advance.

From this thread I can tell what the different types do, but I'm not sure what all their symbols look like.

This list is taken from the link up there.
    • Electrical – Stuns targeted enemy and nearby enemies for a short period. The burst of electrical activity will short out the Heads Up Display provided by the ego for this duration.
    • Incendiary – Lights targeted enemy aflame, harming him for a short period of time.
    • Biological – Attaches biological compounds to a target, slowing them down and causing them to do less damage for a short period of time.
    • Radiation – Irradiates the target, weakening their armor and causing them to take more damage from attacks for a short period of time.
    • Syphon – Steals health from the target and transfers it back to the shooter.

Yes that is what I have seen. I found what they do but I am wanting to know the corresponding symbols used. I understand the industry has shied away from manuals and I hate hand holding but some of the game mechanics truly needed some type of tutorial.

Yeah, I had some confusion on this too.

The blue bolt should be electrical.
    The Flame obviously incendiary.
    The Green hazard symbol i guess is the Radiation
    The purple swirly I think is biological
    i guess i haven't seen siphon yet.
    RIGormortis
    Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-LX ; CPU: i5-3470k 3.2GHz ; GPU: RADEON 6970M
    RAM: 16GB 1333MHz ; PSU: ULTRA X4 modular 850W ; 120GB SSD

Yes it has been a guessing for me as well lol. Would be great to know for sure.

From another topic, the 'purple swhirl' icon at a weapon would be syphon.
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ly-damage-type

Though only i wonder, wich icon does bio have then? (as radiation is the hazard one).

I gues bio is only available on those injection guns (aka, the boiling bubbles on your body)? Radiation is the tar-feet and 'burn' effect.

There is a green radiation symbol which I'm guessing is radiation (duh).
    You know, one of these.

There is also a blue biohazard symbol, which is biological.
    You know, one of these.

I'm guessing Syphon is the purple swirly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinova View Post
    I gues bio is only available on those injection guns (aka, the boiling bubbles on your body)? Radiation is the tar-feet and 'burn' effect.
    Biohazard is the tar-feet, and I have it on a shotgun.

You know, these symbols are sort of self explanatory, except maybe Syphon. I wasn't sure what that symbol was for.

But the other four are more or less actual real world hazard symbols. You would do well to know them. Electrical Hazard, Fire Hazard, Bio Hazard, and Radioactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Synra View Post
    But the other four are more or less actual real world hazard symbols. You would do well to know them. Electrical Hazard, Fire Hazard, Bio Hazard, and Radioactive.
    True, but it was difficult to know what the Syphon icon was before you knew there was a biohazard icon in-game.