+ Reply to Thread

Four scores and one mission ago...

Was on this evening doing some rep missions and thought I'd bring this up; didn't know what to think at the time.
    This was the happy pow farms mission; intro to hellbugs. When I got there it was all but done with the hell bugs, rescued the guy and went to help him find his stash. 3-4 other players on and right after he got his first stash, running for the second the score board popped up. WTH? 3 kills, 93 points, 1 scrip HUH!?
    Went on through and got his next stashes and up to the field, finished the first swarm of hellbugs and... score board ? whathaaa.. This ain't over yet. On to it and got to the matron. Right in the middle of that fight, yup, scoreboard
    OH....MY...GOT Went down, I was standing right in front of the matron when it reared up. Finally finished the fight; too easy with other players, and;... wait for it, another score board

I logged off and just shook my head.
    onPCintheUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Manstan View Post
    Was on this evening doing some rep missions and thought I'd bring this up; didn't know what to think at the time.
    This was the happy pow farms mission; intro to hellbugs. When I got there it was all but done with the hell bugs, rescued the guy and went to help him find his stash. 3-4 other players on and right after he got his first stash, running for the second the score board popped up. WTH? 3 kills, 93 points, 1 scrip HUH!?
    Went on through and got his next stashes and up to the field, finished the first swarm of hellbugs and... score board ? whathaaa.. This ain't over yet. On to it and got to the matron. Right in the middle of that fight, yup, scoreboard
    OH....MY...GOT Went down, I was standing right in front of the matron when it reared up. Finally finished the fight; too easy with other players, and;... wait for it, another score board

I logged off and just shook my head.
    Matron? I don't remember any matron in happy pow farm. Monarch!yes.

Yes this is the new scoring system that they(Trion)have implemented.

I THINK I know what he means.
    Yesterday, I did 2 weird major arkfalls.
    First tol arrive in the first, cleared 2 zones myself, had 3 additional waves, third zone more people popped.
    At the flying mech that repairs the three cranes (forgot his name for a sec) I got a score board after killing the thing.
    3 kills... and about 3K points.
    Kills did not seem to be counted or kept.

2nd one: I got there, 2 were already mowing down the tiny Chitterlings in the first zone.
    We got to the Matron, killed it... pop up of score board... 1!!! kill???
    200 points (save for the kill points of Matron).

Something is deffo not right I reckon...?
    "Don't meddle in the affairs of the Dragons.For you are crunchy and taste well with ketchup!"

It was a monarch, my bad.

But my point was why was I scored 4 times for 1 mission?
    Why have scoreboards pop up in the middle of a battle?

That was shades of the alpha there, where as soon as the mission was complete we have a popup come up asking us what we thought of it; right in the middle of a fight. I died by questioner several times.
    onPCintheUSA

Quote Originally Posted by Manstan View Post
    Why have scoreboards pop up in the middle of a battle?
    I wondered the very same thing myself after trying to play through a conflict site, and before my first random disconnect of the afternoon.

Because... Defiance?