+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Tables

Weapon Tables

For a while I have been working on a spreadsheet that gathers and calculates all kinds of useful info on all the weapons in the game, and presents it in an effective way. But in spite of some significant work and the precious help of WhiteF8ng and maverick07, I haven't managed to completely finish it.

So I'm just going to release it as it is now, and hope that it can still be of some use to at least a few people. And I may or may not spend more time in the future to improve it and add missing information.

First, the link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&usp=sharing

Any comment or suggestion is of course welcome.

Below I am also posting the content of the spreadsheet's "Help" tab. All these tables and numbers make perfect sense in my head, but I'm not sure they do for everyone else...

General
    This is still a work in progress, so missing values and errors are possible. If you think that something needs to be modified, please PM Tekrunner on the forums.

This spreadsheet is divided in several tabs, which show different information. A description of each tab can be found below.

A color code is used in several tabs, in order to give an idea of whether a value is near the top or the bottom of its range.
    Top values are in red, then orange and green.
    Lowest values are in pink, then purple and blue.
    So for exemple, the crit dps value of a Thundered Pistol is shown in orange, because it is the top 10 value."

In some cases, card values don't accurately represent what is really happening. For example, burst weapons have an effective fire rate that is much lower than the card value (which only shows the fire rate during a burst)
    In these cases, the values displayed here were obtained from measurements, and differ from what is shown on weapon cards.

All displayed stats are for a theoretical white weapon with no bonus. To see the effect of rarity and bonus rolls, see the DPS Calculator tab.

Bullet Weapons
    This tab shows statistics and metrics on all base bullet weapons. The calculated metrics are :
    • Total damage per shot : should be self-explanatory
    • DPS : damage per second the weapon inflicts while it is firing (especially important for PvP)
    • DPS + reload : average damage per second, taking into account the time spent reloading (especially important in PvE for enemies with a lot of HP and no or hard-to-hit weak spots)
    • Total crit damage per shot : especially meaningful for sniper rifles
    • Crit DPS : critical damage per second while the weapon is firing
    • Crit DPS + reload : critical damage per second, taking reload time into account (especially important in PvE for enemies with a lot of HP and easy-to-hit weak spots)
    • Time to empty mag : time it takes to empty a magazine while firing constantly
    • Bullets per second : self-explanatory, can give a clue as to whether the weapon is good at triggering nano-effects

Explosives
    This tab shows statistics and metrics on all base detonators and rocket launchers. The calculated metrics are :
    • Total max damage per shot : damage per shot if the projectile or each of its clusters hit a single enemy within the full damage radius
    • Max DPS (single target) : damage per second if the projectiles or each of their clusters hit a single enemy within the full damage radius
    • Max DPS + reload : same as above, but taking time spent reloading into account
    • Time to empty mag : time it takes to empty a magazine while firing constantly

Infectors
    Calculating meaningful metrics for infectors is a little tricky, so for now only base stats are shown. As even these are a big mess in-game, here are some explanations on what some of them mean :
    • Parasite damage : damage done by each parasite
    • Hatch damage : damage done for every 5 syringe hits, when a new parasite hatches
    • Infection damage (DoT) : damage per tick from a DoT infection (listed as Bug DMG on weapon cards). Warning: this is not necessarily a damage per second value, it depends on how fast the DoT ticks (canker DoT ticks faster)
    • Max number of active DoT : most infectors can only put on DoT on each target, but cankers can put up to 3, and outbreakers as many as you can put on the target before the first one runs out (hence the "N" value for that infector)
    • DoT length : how long each DoT lasts, in seconds. Most last 9, but every 2 out of 3 outbreaker DoT lasts 16 seconds, for some reason.
    • Number of ticks : number of ticks before a DoT stops. Cankers tick faster than other infectors, hence the higher number of ticks in the same period of time.

BMG
    There is really not much to say about these, no metrics are calculated.

Charge Weapons
    This tab shows statistics and metrics on all base charge weapons. The calculated metrics are :
    • DPS (uncharged) : damage per second while firing, if the weapon is never charged at all
    • DPS + reload (uncharged) : damage per second taking time spent reloading into account, if the weapon is never charged at all
    • DPS (full charge) : damage per second while firing, if the weapon is fully charged before each shot
    • DPS + reload (full charge) : damage per second taking time spent reloading into account, if the weapon is fully charged before each shot
    • Crit DPS (full charge) : critical damage per second while firing, if the weapon is fully charged before each shot
    • Crit DPS + reload (full charge) : critical damage per second taking time spent reloading into account, if the weapon is fully charged before each shot
    • Time to empty mag (full charge) : time to empty a full magazine if the weapon the weapon is fully charged before each shot
    • Bullets per second (full charge) : number of bullets fired per second if the weapon the weapon is fully charged before each shot

Extra Life / Arkbreaker
    These tabs are organized a bit differently. For each of the event or DLC weapon, base and calculated statistics are displayed. Right under it, the same stats are displayed for the corresponding base weapon. And on a third line, the percentage difference is displayed between the two.
    The point of these tabs is to determine how much better event / DLC weapons are compared to their base model.

DPS Calculator
    This tab is still a bit experimental, and requires some knowledge of game formulas to make it work. Its purpose is to allow the comparison of actual weapons, with the effect of their rarity and bonus rolls factored in. Right now it only works for bullet weapons.
    1. In order to use it, first create a copy of this spreadsheet, so that you can modify it.
    2. Then, copy the base statistics of the weapon you want to apply bonuses to, from the Bullet Weapons tab. Copy columns from Damage to Crit Mult.
    3. Paste these stats in the Damage column of the DPS Calculator tab.
    4. Set the bonuses in column H to M to match your weapon. Bonus Mag 1 is for flat, additive mag bonuses, Bonus Mag 2 is for relative, multiplicative bonuses.
    5. The calculated columns should update automatically.

Master
    This tab contains the source data used by all the other tabs. It is used for data entry, most users don't need to bother with it.

Other tabs
    All tabs after Master are technical tabs, necessary only so that other tabs can display their information properly.

TL;DR: big spreadsheet with a ton of info on gunz, link is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&usp=sharing
    Guide to Weapon Bonus Rolls (partly outdated) | Guide to Weapon Mods | Guide to Scopes and Sights
    HP and Regeneration rate tests | Weapon range tests

Want to know which guns are the best? Check out my weapon tables! (partly outdated)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekrunner View Post
    TL;DR: big spreadsheet with a ton of info on gunz, link is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...kE&usp=sharing
    I love big spreadsheets with tons of gunz infos! Ty for sharing.

I haven't had a chance to look over it yet, or read the whole post, but I've been looking for this kind of compilation of gun info for a long time. I'm sure I'll find some use for it.
    Fuzzle EGO:5836 PC-NA

I noticed all bullet weapons are thrown together in one big part.
    It would be nice to split these up: Pistols, SMG, LMG, AR, Shotgun (per type), ...

I know, a ton of work, but...
    "Don't meddle in the affairs of the Dragons.For you are crunchy and taste well with ketchup!"

All displayed stats are for a theoretical white weapon with no bonus. To see the effect of rarity and bonus rolls, see the DPS Calculator tab.
    I was hoping this was the case..

Also, I only see 2 extra life weapons. I have a number of extra life weapons on a couple different characters, if you want some info about them.
    Fuzzle EGO:5836 PC-NA

Interesting to see the actual numbers. Without focusing on details like that I ended up picking three of the top DPS weapons for my main loadout (I switch my secondary weapon back and forth depending on my mood). Hell, even the rolls they have compensate for their statistical weaknesses (3x reload rolls on my VOT Blaster, for example). Thanks for doing this.

Sweetness. Real nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Amun Ra View Post
    I noticed all bullet weapons are thrown together in one big part.
    It would be nice to split these up: Pistols, SMG, LMG, AR, Shotgun (per type), ...

I know, a ton of work, but...
    It wouldn't actually be *that* hard to do, but I'd like to keep the number of tabs to a reasonable number. I was hoping that Google spreadsheets would allow people without edit permission to filter and sort data, but apparently it doesn't in the default view... However, if you click on View > List, you will be able to filter and sort. So if you filter by type you can make that list shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzle
    Also, I only see 2 extra life weapons. I have a number of extra life weapons on a couple different characters, if you want some info about them.
    It's not so much a matter of having the information as one of spending time entering it... As far as I know, all Extra Life weapons have a flat 20% damage bonus compared to their base model, except for the ones were damage bonuses are, errr, weird (infectors and BMG). But if you want to help with data entry, I'm sure we can work something out.

Quote Originally Posted by Swag
    Hell, even the rolls they have compensate for their statistical weaknesses (3x reload rolls on my VOT Blaster, for example).
    The big limitation with this spreadsheet is that some weapons are changed significantly by the right mods and / or bonuses. To take bonuses into account I don't think I can do any better than the clunky DPS Calculator. But for mods I have an idea that I haven't implemented so far: new tabs where each weapon is shown with a tier III +mag mod, as well as with a -reload one.
    Guide to Weapon Bonus Rolls (partly outdated) | Guide to Weapon Mods | Guide to Scopes and Sights
    HP and Regeneration rate tests | Weapon range tests

Want to know which guns are the best? Check out my weapon tables! (partly outdated)

Whelmed in the Batcave analyzing Murdertown, USA
    As far as I know, all Extra Life weapons have a flat 20% damage bonus compared to their base model, except for the ones where damage bonuses are, errr, weird (infectors and BMG).
    Ugh...don't remind me. Those 2 categories...headache...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Dempsey View Post
    So! It passed the Top Hat to all the encounters in the world and asked “Is this your hat?” and eventually one of them said: “Sure is!” Then it all went to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye68 View Post
    Right now the only form of communication we have are last minute, non explicit announcements from one side, shock, anger and disappointment from the other.This is neither communication nor healthy. Interact with your playerbase, feedback isn't enough anymore.

Thanks for the hard work

This data is very useful for both the veterans as well as the people just starting the game. I wish we had something like this at the beginning, anyways thanks to all who worked on it. Looks like a lot of time spent.I always seem to learn something new about defiance and I've been playing since launch faithfully.

Thanks to the Trion crew as well, I know they get bashed a lot from frustrated gamers who have spent money, but we have to be realistic of what they are working with, 3 totally different hardware systems, all with their own sets of challenges ,and doing this with a minimal crew while trying to meet obligations in the meantime. Hopefully they will realize forcing us to play a certain way doesn't work and do what the customer demand's, it's a fine line with an mmo, but when the game is working like intended, it's still entertaining in a way no other game is to me right now.Maybe we can get some positive posts on here from time to time, we are all human.