+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Congrats, Trion, on one of the most boring, frustrating gaming experiences in my life

The Gunslinger Arenas are easily the worst game design I have ever seen in I don't even know how long. Not only is it shamelessly recycling level design (which is to be expected I guess), but dear lord the coma-inducing spamming of mobs....
    "Here's 30 enemies!"
    "Uh oh..here's 30 more! In the same area!"
    "Wait..here's 30 more! Again! Didn't see that coming did you!"
    "Hey, let's spawn 30 more....they'll never see that coming!!"
    "SURPRISE HERE'S SOME MORE!"

You know, I seriously want to meet whoever is designing these things. I mean...this is the Ed Wood of gaming design. I'm generally not one to constantly rag on the devs, but seriously....this is just...laughable. I died just to stop playing the mission. If these arenas are supposed to be some sort of meta-commentary on how awful most people consider the mission design in Defiance, then...good job I guess?

You don't enjoy killing mobs of enemies? Is it because you're a conscientious objector? We can deploy you to a non-combat zone if that will help ease your mind. The rear detachment vendors are always in need of supply guys!

XBox NA

GT: flavorblisters

IGN: Critical Errors / Liquid Sugar / TrionCelebrity/ MarketCrusher

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyPain View Post
    The Gunslinger Arenas are easily the worst game design I have ever seen in I don't even know how long. Not only is it shamelessly recycling level design (which is to be expected I guess), but dear lord the coma-inducing spamming of mobs....
    "Here's 30 enemies!"
    "Uh oh..here's 30 more! In the same area!"
    "Wait..here's 30 more! Again! Didn't see that coming did you!"
    "Hey, let's spawn 30 more....they'll never see that coming!!"
    "SURPRISE HERE'S SOME MORE!"

You know, I seriously want to meet whoever is designing these things. I mean...this is the Ed Wood of gaming design. I'm generally not one to constantly rag on the devs, but seriously....this is just...laughable. I died just to stop playing the mission. If these arenas are supposed to be some sort of meta-commentary on how awful most people consider the mission design in Defiance, then...good job I guess?

I agree OP

Critical mobs are fun when they are random.... not the trion we get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Kelly View Post
    I agree OP

Critical mobs are fun when they are random.... not the trion we get here.
    Yeah, sorry bout that. Military humor doesn't translate so well sometimes

XBox NA

GT: flavorblisters

IGN: Critical Errors / Liquid Sugar / TrionCelebrity/ MarketCrusher

you missed 30 more.....and what is up with the Daccuso arena. You already have to fight a boss with super health bar and you are going to throw a few enemy into the mix, yet not enough to get gold. Hard enough to even win bronze to get through it. you have to be super human to get silver.
    After 50 tries i finally got finished with a bronze, you think I am going to try and get silver or gold.....I have no reason to do that for such a small reward. Now if I get a legendary weapon and or mod....then yeah I might go for gold.
    In modern warfare, overwatch is the state of one small unit or military vehicle supporting another unit, while they are executing fire and movement tactics. An overwatching, or supporting unit has taken a position where it can observe the terrain ahead, especially likely enemy positions. This allows it to provide effective covering fire for advancing friendly units. The term overwatch originates in U.S. military doctrine.

Most frustrating?

Someone never played Diddy Kong Racing. lol

Consider yourself lucky, OP - this was my most boring/frustrating gaming experience...

sounds like he belongs in finace

GT:BoogieJive

I don't see the problem with the waves of enemies during the new arenas, Defiance is an Open-World Shooter MMO, there should always be tons of enemies to shoot.

the enemies came from far and wide, ignoring arkbreaks, arkfalls, afflicted, varis soleptor, gulanite to die fighting in a room.