+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Uprising! :)

now and then I wonder how the Deutsch & Français communities are feeling about Defiance...

you can google translate their forums, lol
    server: PC EU
    Chars: DSW & Syna Olmai, EGO 6000. Red Thugs

Is there anything in particular you wonder about? As far as I can tell there hasn't been much of a French community to speak of for a while, but the people who are still playing feel about the same as everyone in general. Well, they're also annoyed at the fact that Gunslinger wasn't completely localized for them...
    Guide to Weapon Bonus Rolls (partly outdated) | Guide to Weapon Mods | Guide to Scopes and Sights
    HP and Regeneration rate tests | Weapon range tests

Want to know which guns are the best? Check out my weapon tables! (partly outdated)

Shhht.
    I am happy our chat is English now.
    For a LONG while it was German mostly.

There should be a rule to use English in general chats...

And FYI: No, I am Belgian, my mother language is Dutch (Flemish to be accurate).
    "Don't meddle in the affairs of the Dragons.For you are crunchy and taste well with ketchup!"

Large French player base on EU xbox, fair few in our clan
    Defiance 2050 - EU XBOX ONE | Clan: Ark Legion Elite | GT: mech | ign: tom
    Defiance - EU XBOX 360 | Clan: Ark Legion Elite | GT: mech | ign: tom

Quote Originally Posted by Amun Ra View Post
    Shhht.
    I am happy our chat is English now.
    For a LONG while it was German mostly.

There should be a rule to use English in general chats...

And FYI: No, I am Belgian, my mother language is Dutch (Flemish to be accurate).
    You will get people confused my friend and they will think that people from Holland (Nederland) and Belgium (Pays Bas) is the same because you all (do not) speak Dutch !!

A place in France where the women wear no pants
    French:

Quote Originally Posted by Tekrunner View Post
    Well, they're also annoyed at the fact that Gunslinger wasn't completely localized for them...
    Not only that, but the subtitles are running way too fast (less than 1 sec per text block), and we're waiting for a fix to that since Gunslinger came out. Right now, no voice-over, no text either.

About Arktech Revolution, while some are enthuthiastic about the changes, most didn't want level-gating and scaling.

And obviously, everybody's longing for new content.
    ARMCHAIR ARKHUNTER & LOCK KEEPER
    PC [EU]
    - Miss Cobra - proud sister from the Blood Oath Brotherhood clan
    PC [EU & PTS] - Tsort - Irathient cannon fodder
    *radio advert voice* Defiance incoming DLC preview... Unexpected hazards will now drop from the sky along with the usual Arkhunters' booty... Experience the ShArkFalls! You thought Trion was jumping the shark? Wait till the shark jumps on YOU. ShArkFalls, available... soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JEMINAI View Post
    now and then I wonder how the Deutsch & Français communities are feeling about Defiance...
    The German forums seem to have the same tone as the English forums. A handful of people supportive of the game, and more that are annoyed for some reason or other at the state of play. I don't speak French, but I imagine it is the same.
    I live in Germany, and the gamers I run into IRL don't even have Defiance on their radar. I find that Americans are more tolerable of a product not working perfectly at the start. The mentality in Germany is that if it doesn't work right away, then the product gets returned, or simply not used again. I didn't even find a copy of the game at any of the game stores locally. I'm not even sure the show ever aired in German.

XBox NA

GT: flavorblisters

IGN: Critical Errors / Liquid Sugar / TrionCelebrity/ MarketCrusher

Still, there should be an enforced rule that states that general chats should be English, and nothing but.
    Not doing so is bloody impolite to people that do not understand German, French, Polish, whatever.
    I understand German, but there it ends (safe for Flemish and English ofcourse).
    "Don't meddle in the affairs of the Dragons.For you are crunchy and taste well with ketchup!"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Errors View Post
    I'm not even sure the show ever aired in German.
    It did air here. I think on the German SyFy a day or two after it aired in the USA.
    But I'm not sure if it ever aired on free TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Amun Ra View Post
    Still, there should be an enforced rule that states that general chats should be English, and nothing but.
    Not doing so is bloody impolite to people that do not understand German, French, Polish, whatever.
    I understand German, but there it ends (safe for Flemish and English ofcourse).
    I got to say, I am annoyed by that too, even though I am German. Nevertheless, I can understand people who look for other people who speak the same language. There are people who don't understand English/speak English.
    It's annoying, yes, and some people even get really offensive when you ask them to stop (I did it once and I was offended by someone calling us Nazis and what not... So yeah...).
    As long as it doesn't take over the chat, I'm okay with people talking in other languages.
    And I NEVER would make it a general rule to have to talk in english. People from all over the world are playing this game and even in the NA chat I sometimes saw spanish or italian or something like this. So it's not just like this on the EU servers
    As I said, not everybody speaks or understands English, you can play the game in French, German and English, so people should be allowed to talk in another language.

PC EU - GT: Fuzzy12 - EGO LvL: 6.000

I'm also on Trove as Fuzz - Want to help me? Use this referral link.

Site Manager on Defiance Data