+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

DLC5 - Elemental damage modifiers

I got these numbers from literal back-of-the-envelope calculations, so feel free to double-check.

Against shields

Bio: -30%
    Fire: -50%
    Electricity: +50%
    Radiation: -25%
    Syphon: -25%
    No element: -25%

Against health

Bio: 0% (no change)
    Fire: +35%
    Electricity: -55%
    Radiation: -10%
    Syphon: -10%
    No element: 0% (no change)

I tested a few of these with different weapons of different rarities, all received the same bonus / malus.

Armor affects all elements equally. Each plate reduces damage by 10%
    Radiation is supposed to ignore 2.5 plates (as stated by Trick in /zone chat), but appears to not work correctly right now. This has now been fixed
    Bio destroys armor plates much faster than other elements.

These numbers seemed different against another player in a duel (for example syphon had 0% vs HP), but I haven't tested that extensively.

On top of these modifiers
    Radiation, electric, bio and fire weapons get a 10% card damage malus.
    Syphon weapons get a 25% card damage malus.

Quote Originally Posted by Deunan
    This is how the nano weapons compare against a weapon with no nano effect:

Biological -16% against shields, -10% against health
    Electrical +80% against shields, -59.5% against health
    Incendiary -40% against shields, +21.5% against health
    Radiation -10% against shields, -19% against health
    Syphon -25% against shields, -32.5% against health
    Guide to Weapon Bonus Rolls (partly outdated) | Guide to Weapon Mods | Guide to Scopes and Sights
    HP and Regeneration rate tests | Weapon range tests

Want to know which guns are the best? Check out my weapon tables! (partly outdated)

so if I shoot a infected with my 434 dmg electric saw id hit it for 220ish dmg?
    Gamertag JI A Y D O G G Xbox NA

wha da crunk?

so SYPHON is nerfed against EVERYTHING!?!?!? In the statement didn't they say it would be more damaging to health?!?!
    XBOX, NA, DAWN PATROL (recruit for life!)

Quote Originally Posted by Quebra Regra View Post
    wha da crunk?

so SYPHON is nerfed against EVERYTHING!?!?!? In the statement didn't they say it would be more damaging to health?!?!
    It does more damage to health than it does to shields. Don't forget it's a leeching weapon so it's also healing your shields and health at the same time.

@Tekrunner - any sense as to whether Syphon's shield/health leeching is processing more frequently or in greater amounts?

dyunan.natsuu デュナン・ナッツ - PC NA

For Syphon I noticed the base damage stats are lower too vs other weapons

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...es-Less-damage
    EGO - 5900
    PC-NA Character Name - Dod, Account Name - ironcladtrash

So do the nano effects still have there old effects? Like radiation doing extra damage after it procs?
    Midori Oku -Female Irathient - EGO lvl 5900 - [US Xbox 360] - Clan: Arkbreakers - Rank: Founder
    Youtube Channel - Gamertag: SurgicalSkillzz

So an Electric Weapon that deals 200 damage per bullet will deal

200 x 1.50 = 300 damage to shields -but only-

200 - (200 x 0.55) = 90 damage to health?????

Is this for real? Man this is complete crap.
    LF: Respark Energizer ARK, 7th Legion Gashima Unity Synergy, Double DMG & EGO on Reload

Quote Originally Posted by Deunan View Post
    @Tekrunner - any sense as to whether Syphon's shield/health leeching is processing more frequently or in greater amounts?
    Syphon procs are... a bit weird. I need to test them more. And I need to have my main char copied over to see if the life leech actually scales.
    Guide to Weapon Bonus Rolls (partly outdated) | Guide to Weapon Mods | Guide to Scopes and Sights

Want to know which guns are the best? Check out my weapon tables! (partly outdated)

Whelmed in the Batcave analyzing Murdertown, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekrunner View Post
    I got these numbers from literal back-of-the-envelope calculations, so feel free to double-check.

Against shields

Bio: -30%
    Fire: -50%
    Electricity: +50%
    Radiation: -25%
    Syphon: -25%
    No element: -25%

Against health

Bio: 0% (no change)
    Fire: +35%
    Electricity: -55%
    Radiation: -10%
    Syphon: -10%
    No element: 0% (no change)

I tested a few of these with different weapons of different rarities, all received the same bonus / malus.

Armor affects all elements equally. Each plate reduces damage by 10%
    Radiation is supposed to ignore 2.5 plates (as stated by Trick in /zone chat), but appears to not work correctly right now.
    Bio destroys armor plates much faster than other elements.

These numbers seemed different against another player in a duel (for example syphon had 0% vs HP), but I haven't tested that extensively.
    If it's not too much could you post the DMG numbers you were getting? Or PM me with them Either-or.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Dempsey View Post
    So! It passed the Top Hat to all the encounters in the world and asked “Is this your hat?” and eventually one of them said: “Sure is!” Then it all went to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadEye68 View Post
    Right now the only form of communication we have are last minute, non explicit announcements from one side, shock, anger and disappointment from the other.This is neither communication nor healthy. Interact with your playerbase, feedback isn't enough anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteF8ng View Post
    If it's not too much could you post the DMG numbers you were getting? Or PM me with them Either-or.
    Will the scan of an envelope filled with numbers do? :/
    I'll try to send that to you tomorrow.

Also, about syphon: I'm getting procs of 347 at EGO 1600, instead of 460 something on live. I have no idea if they scale. However each shot also leeches a bit too. But evaluating how much is going to be difficult. I think we may need to ask Trick to give us the numbers. All I can tell is that if you have the regen perk, a regen shield and are syphoning, you're not easy to kill.

Also, syphon doesn't always receive a -10% malus on health. It doesn't happen in PvP, and after playing with the SQ Hulker for a little while it went away there too. I have a feeling the -10% malus of syphon and radiation on health are not intentional.